Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid thread but I want to know what do you think about the extremely typical sentences the majority of heels and faces use. Specially heels.

Heels:
"I'm better than you."
"I'm the future of this bussines"
"You're all here to watch me."
"It's all about me."

Faces:
"I love all of you."
"I am here every night for the WWE Universe."

Any more?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Heel - "That was a fluke!"

and

"I wasn't ready!"

Usually said after the most decisive win imaginable.

There's an obvious need for phrases like this, and the ones you mentioned. You need self promotion, it just becomes eye rolling after you've seen it a million times. The one that really needs to go is making fun of the local sports team. I'm not a sports guy, I don't give a shit, talk about WWE.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Heel - "That was a fluke!"

and

"I wasn't ready!"

Usually said after the most decisive win imaginable.

There's an obvious need for phrases like this, and the ones you mentioned. You need self promotion, it just becomes eye rolling after you've seen it a million times. The one that really needs to go is making fun of the local sports team. I'm not a sports guy, I don't give a shit, talk about WWE.
Cheap heat will always be one of the pillars of being a quality heel. However I would prefere if WWE would allow heels to do this in the opening segment as it will turn the crowd for the rest of the show. Doing it during the Main Event is pointless really.

As for the thread;

Heel
- "You're too old to take on me" - Said to anyone older than them
- "You haven't got the experience to take on me" - Said to anyone younger than them

Face
- "Vince McMahon is an idiot"

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Heels:
"Take a look at greatness! I'm the best!"
"This city sucks, I can't wait to leave."

Face:
"I do this for the WWE Universe!"

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Cheap heat will always be one of the pillars of being a quality heel. However I would prefere if WWE would allow heels to do this in the opening segment as it will turn the crowd for the rest of the show. Doing it during the Main Event is pointless really.
It's just boring. I'm not saying get rid of cheap heat, but I just don't care. There's other ways of doing it, make fun of how fat the crowd is, or ugly, or stupid, or something. They don't have to keep going back to the sports team, it's dull.

It doesn't even make any sense when you realize that 99% of the players aren't even from the city the heel is making fun of, so where's the offense? If I'm from Pittsburgh, why should I care about a bunch of guys failing to win a title who aren't actually from Pittsburgh?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Face: It's so good to be back in the great city of....

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Face: "I do this...because of all of you!!" *points around the crowd for cheep pop*

Heel
: "Just like your (Insert city sports team name here) you all suck!"

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
FACE: 'I come here every week for you, the WWE Universe' - CHEEEERSSS YEAHHHHH -

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Heel : "Don't worry this is the WWE, so I won't go over in this feud. I'll just be built up for six weeks and then lose the match, then return to the midcard."

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Saying their name, before going on to inform us that we already knew that before they told us.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Heel: I don't care about the WWE Universe or what they think
Heel: At ___(w/e ppv they're in), I will become the new _____ champion

Face: I compete for the WWE Universe all around the world, as well as here in ____(w/e city they're in)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Both:

"This Sunday... At (Insert PPV with boring ME here)"

(To interviewer) "You know something"

Damn Ive gone blank, cant remember anymore

·
Registered
146 Posts
Heel: Disparaging comments about the city they are in.
Face: "I've worked my butt off to get to where I am" "Everything I do I do it for the fans" or something to that effect.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Mention the host city's name for some easy pops. Like foley's "right here in _______" and rock's "finally the rock has come back to ______", just fill in the host city's name.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
"You're gonna choke, just like (insert local sports team name here) in the world series/superbowl/stanley cup"

"I'll never give up"

"I don't care what any of you think, I'm the reason why you're all here"

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,306 Posts
Babyfaces love that sports team cheap pop. I don't know if anybody's ever been more offensive in that than John Cena. He's shilled for every team there is. He's simultaneously a Yankees and Red Sox fan kayfabe wise but he resents being called the Yankees and is personally a Tampa Bay Rays fan.

He color-coordinated the launch of his new, garish purple and yellow clothing to happen in Los Angeles, then he whored out for the Lakers fans for a cheap pop.

Most recently he was all over the Penguins and the Steelers for a cheap pop. He totally blew the Steel Curtain reference. He called it the Iron Curtain and erroneously used it to further an analogy about his wrestling offense when the Steel Curtain was a defensive unit.

He always name-drops successful franchise for cheap pops. The Patriots and the Packers are two of the most cherished cheap pops of John Cena.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts