Wrestling Forum banner

Most excitement ever?

1604 Views 18 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Boss Monster
Potentially the Rock (which I don't think is likely), the 2-21-11 reveal, and rumors swirling of a Sting debut (which I also don't see happening)... there is no doubt a lot of anticipation for tonights Raw. which begs the question, have you ever been more anxious for a monday night raw than tonight, and if so when?
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Pretty much every Raw during the height of Austin's popularity was an absolute joy, so yeah, there's been plenty of times. I don't care about Taker's 1 billionth return, Sting's not coming and I'm not a Rock fan.....and even if I were, he's only hosting WrestleMania, not wrestling Cena.

You want to see some REAL excitement. Check this shit

Hot damn. You don't get crowds like that anymore, not for Rock, Austin or anything.

· Santina's Lover
4,338 Posts
The ones I were more anxious for in the last year were the week after Nexus debut and Bret Hart return. I don't want to get my hopes up for tongight. I honestly see WWE using Stings old WCW theme and swerving by having ADR/Miz come out dressed as him. They love their cheap heat.

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just have the mentality that WWE knows so many people are expecting to see the Rock and will tune in for that purpose tonight, and I don't think he'll show, so I think WWE is going to work really hard to put on a great show tonight because it knows it potentially could have huge numbers... who knows, maybe I'm just setting myself up to be disappointed.

· Registered
19 Posts
Pretty much every Raw during the height of Austin's popularity was an absolute joy, so yeah, there's been plenty of times. I don't care about Taker's 1 billionth return, Sting's not coming and I'm not a Rock fan.....and even if I were, he's only hosting WrestleMania, not wrestling Cena.

Hot damn. You don't get crowds like that anymore, not for Rock, Austin or anything.
--------

if they can get raw back to crazy stuff like this!!! ill start watching again... if they can shock the world and acutally get sting on then wwe might start to turn good again,, cause it will show they are willing to be good again.... haha loved that video mate!! awesome!!! hope its good tonite!!

· Registered
136 Posts
Honestly of all the Raws in the PG era I would have to say that I am looking more forward to this one than any other.

During the Attitude era I looked forward to just about EVERY Monday night as I am this one.

· The Great One
910 Posts
Last year's Jan 4th (where TNA went head to head with Raw, hogan debut, Bret's return, etc...). And pretty much the attitude era. After that, there were a few great moments. I'm not feeling tonights Raw, however. It just feels like it's going to be a mediocre show with unsatisfying results.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

· Registered
4,932 Posts
1/4/2010 was bigger, I would be shocked if Rock showed up tonight and Sting is even more unlikely. Undertaker returning after 4 or 5 months isn't some historic moment. Cena's response to Rock is actually what I'm most interested in tonight.

· Registered
1,363 Posts
When I was younger during the Attitude era, every Monday Night raw I was ecstatic for when it came on.
This, it was the same thing for me. If I missed an episode of Raw or fell asleep during it during the attitude era, I would be fucking PISSED.

I miss those days.

I am excited for Raw tonight though, it's always good to see The Rock especially after so long. I'm very interested in the 2.21.11 thing, I am REALLY hoping that it's involving Sting somehow, but it's just wishful thinking and unfortinatly, I am about 99% sure that it's only Undertaker.

Only about another hour left though, so we will see what happens.

· Registered
114 Posts

Yeah, nothing will ever come close to that. That truly was a hair standing goosebumps moment. That segment was on every mainstream news show the following day. According to JR, the Joe Louis Arena literally shook. The fans in Detroit never got that loud for the Red Wings.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.