Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts
For WWE-only, and in no particular order, Foley/Triple H (2000), HBK/Jericho (2008), CM Punk/Jeff Hardy (2009), Savage/Hogan (1989), Savage/Flair (1992), Bret/Owen (1994), HBK/Undertaker (1997), Undertaker/Kane (1998), Austin/Bret (1996-1997)...

Many more.

I'm surprised many here are counting HBK/Flair (2008) as a feud. I thought it was an angle, but not an outright feud between the two.

Reactions: Cynic

·
Registered
604 Posts
I got into wrestling around 2000, so point me to any previous feuds high on the emotional list, gonna look back at Bret/Owen first methinks
Tommy Dreamer/Raven in ECW from about 1994 to 1997 and then a few years after Raven went back to ECW I think they renewed it for a while.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Good shout with Cactus Jack vs ECW in 1995/1996. His anti-hardcore promos were just sublime!

Some that haven't been mentioned would be maybe HBK/Sid in late 1996, early 1997. At the time I couldn't see past the kayfabe but the inclusion of Jose added an extra bit of ... erm, something. Also, the begining of the Attitude era along with Bret/Austin.

Edge vs Matt Hardy in 2005 is certainly worth mentioning for obvious reasons.
Austin/Rock's 2003 'Mania match was very emotional but can't remember the feuds and promos.
Bret Hart vs Jerry "The King" Lawler got a bit emotional I thought when Bret's family was dragged into it.
I'd second Bret/Shawn in 2007 purely for the realism.
Bret Hart/Vince McMahon - nearly 10 years of animosity!
Vince/Hulk Hogan in 2003 - I could never tell if this was purely kayfabe or if there was a genuine disliking there.
Ric Flaire/Steamboat - each men was the other's antithesis with Flair the playboy and Ricky the family man.
Kurt angle vs Steve Austin I thought was elevated to a new level with that SummerSlam 2001 match.
Undertaker/McMahon in '03 is worth a mention as Vince threatened to have Taker's wife raped - awful angle and storyline and everything. Carbon copy of every other McMahon vs wrestler fued.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Bret/Owen (1994), Triple H/Michaels (2002) and Edge/Matt (2005) are the first three to come to mind.

Cactus Jack and his anti-hardcore promos and Dreamer/Raven are also some honorable mentions from the original ECW.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The recent Jericho/Michaels. I enjoyed it a lot.

Reactions: Hiplop

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Props to DesolationRow, because I can't believe we had to get to page 3 before someone brought up Undertaker/Kane from 1997. That feud was amazing and incredibly emotional from all angles. The best work of Undertaker's career.

I mean, just watch this and tell me this wasn't one of the greatest angles ever:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Raven/Sandman - ECW 1995
Raven/Tommy Dreamer - ECW 1995-hell present lol

Jericho/HBK from 2008 was epic and very emotional

Randy Savage/Ric Flair - WWF/WCW 1993 and 1995-1996

When I was a kid Sting beating Hogan was a HUGE DEAL TO ME!

Ricky Steamboat/Flair - 1980s

Funk/Flair - 89

Dean Malenko/Chris Jericho 1998

Savage/Roberts

HBK/Hart into Wrestlemana 12 with the boy hood dream stuff was great

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio feud. That was a good feud.
Using Eddie Guerrero's death was in such poor taste that it killed the feud for me

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Hogan vs Savage is the the most emotional feud of all time. Honestly, I don't even think it's close. The one leading right in to WM5 was such a classic wrestling storyline with possibly the greatest "face" vs "heel" at the time. The Mega Powers were easily the most dominating super tag team of all time as well.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hogan vs Savage is the the most emotional feud of all time. Honestly, I don't even think it's close. The one leading right in to WM5 was such a classic wrestling storyline with possibly the greatest "face" vs "heel" at the time. The Mega Powers were easily the most dominating super tag team of all time as well.
Oh yeah! The Mega Powers imploding and Miss Elizabeth caught in the middle and the Wrestlemania Showdown...Your Right

Hands down most emotional feud of all time

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Hogan Vs. Savage

Sting Vs. Flair

Flair Vs. Savage

Hart Vs. Lawler

Page Vs. Raven

Malenko Vs. Jericho

Austin Vs. Maivia

Undertaker Vs. Kane

Michaels Vs. Helmsley

Lesnar Vs. Undertaker

Guerrero Vs. Bradshaw

Hardy Vs. Hardy

Hardy Vs. Punk

Cena Vs. Orton

- Vic

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
There are tons but I wanna go with the most unpopular and I know people are gonna disagree with me on it. But Edge vs Cena was full of emotion IMO. From 2006 that is.

·
BANG BANG!
2,352 Posts
Jericho/hbk was incredible. It started with Jericho harping on michaels for faking injury to win, and the fans refusual to turn on him as a result, and became an unbelievably awesome way to make Jericho the benefactor of one of the greatest heel turns in history. And from there Jericho punched out hbk's wife, upping the ante and resulting in some of the best matches and the best feud of 2008.

Likewise, orton/trips had awesome emotional buildup on the road to WM26, with orton punting everyone and their grandma named McMahon, eventually causing hhh to reassociate himself with Steph and the in-laws to stop orton's war path through the middle of his family. It also made for some great segments, like he brawl at orton's home, and the in-ring segment when trips was handcuffed and had to watch orton demolish Steph. Other than their abysmal title match, at the time people were raving about what seemed to be the start of a great feud.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
didn't people get bored of dreamer/raven feud because of how long it was
Not really. I didn't get bored of it and I was a kid but that's also because feuds didn't finish as quickly as they do now. You didn't just EXPECT a feud to blow off in 2-3 months like you do now.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
From the time that I started watching, HHH/HBK, HBK/Flair, HBK/Undertaker, HHH/Orton and HBK/Jericho.

Odd that all of my choices have either Triple H or Michaels in them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon...how has no one said this!?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts