Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me it's Rey vs Eddie for their history throughout wrestling or Rock/Hogan, because basically Rock was fighting the guy to made him want to be a wrestler

Ypur thoughts?

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
My first thoughts were Bret/Owen that was the fued that got me into wrestling, it was superb. Then you've got Matt Hardy/Edge all the stuff they did in tag-teams and then for Litagate to happen and have them kick off in singles action is highly emotional.

I hadn't thought of Savage/Roberts that's a great shout, this is probably the most shocking moment in TV history (as far as fiction is concerned)

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I'd say almost any feud which revolved around a guy retiring, so Flair/Michaels and Undertaker/Michaels come to mind straight away. Savage losing what was to be his retirement match and then reuniting with Elizabeth will never be recreated again, it was an awesome moment.

Those are just off the top of my head.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Undertaker/Shawn at WM 26 or Flair/Shawn at WM 24.
These are the ones that come to mind. Maybe Flair/HBK moreso because it was incredibly obvious that those were the last couple of weeks of Flairs career...or so we thought. With HBK, I had some doubt about his retirement.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Bret Hart vs Owen Hart in 1994 was a brilliantly paced and totally emotional feud. The way that the entire Hart clan was dragged into the storyline, with Stu and Helen and all the brothers sitting at ringside for a lot of the feud. I loved the way they booked Jim Neidhart siding with Owen, Bulldog siding with Bret. Was classic. Owen really sold the jealous little brother role and Bret played the older, wiser, slightly condescending role perfectly.

Randy Savage's feud with Hulk Hogan was pretty awesome - the way that they built up a friendship, then a tag team, then had the jelousy set in and then the big rivalry. That Wrestlemania 5 main event was over a year in the making! Savage was such an intense performer that his feuds were also steeped in emotion. His feuds with Jake Roberts and Ric Flair in 1991/1992 were just as intsense.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got into wrestling around 2000, so point me to any previous feuds high on the emotional list, gonna look back at Bret/Owen first methinks

·
Registered
386 Posts
Orton/HHH whether you liked it or not HHH sold his rage/helplessness brilliantly throughout it especially when he was handcuffed to the turnbuckle and Orton DDT'd Stephanie and Orton did what he does best playing the slimy psychopath with the legitimate instigator for the feud as revenge for what happened to him in Evolution.

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
As a humongous Mick Foley fan .. his feud with Triple H in 2000. Watching them brutalize each other at Royal Rumble in that street fight, then go to No Way Out and do it again ... only for Foley to lose and have to retire from wrestling. Then he shows up at WM2000 and loses again. Watching him walk out of the arena at WM2000 was TERRIBLE for me to watch :'(

...Only if I knew what were to come...

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I hate to be an ECW Mark considering how "emotionally" involved Tommy Dreamer is nowadays. But his feud with Raven was exceptional. It took two years to pan out and even then they were at each other's throats afterwards.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
One that should be mentioned is Jericho/Michaels from 2008.
Agreed. That immediately came to mine. Great feud.

Alicks said:
Undertaker/Shawn at WM 26 or Flair/Shawn at WM 24.
Those two are good calls as well.

the modern myth said:
Bret Hart vs Owen Hart in 1994...Randy Savage's feud with Hulk Hogan
As are these.

Aditionally, I'd suggest Bret v Shawn because of the genuine heat between the two. The antipathy was almost tangible.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Michaels/Jericho, Triple H/Orton, and (in my opinion) Michaels/Triple H in 2002 due to Shawn returning.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts