• Other (List below)

Votes: 16 8.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure there are plenty out there but these are the two main chants that have been irritating me. Whether it be distracting from the match or ruining a great promo. Which one irritates you the most?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Everyone will say 'WHAT' obviously.

I happen to think 'REALLY' is the shittiest thing ever. (Although its not really a chant, so nvm).

·
Registered
16,394 Posts
I would say the "What?" chant but it does have its uses sometimes, I love some of the come backs the Superstars have to the chant, Undertaker and the Miz especially :p

I am not fan of the "You cant wrestle" chant aimed at Cena, while I do think Cenas gimmick is awful and am not a fan of the guy, its obvious the guy is wrestling, if anything they should be chanting "You cant wrestle very well", to not be able to wrestle period, would imply you have no arms or legs :p

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
The whole "Let's go, Cena - Cena Sucks" thing drives me crazy. It craps all over his opponent. Every match is all about Cena, from the booking to the angles leading up to it to the commentary and even the crowd. Why even have opponents?

It also feeds into the notion that Cena is polarizing, which is a stupid thing to get excited about when he is supposed to be outright popular.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Nowadays if a promo isn't a joke or someone is good on the mic they weren't usually get the 'What' chanted at them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The whole "Let's go, Cena - Cena Sucks" thing drives me crazy. It craps all over his opponent. Every match is all about Cena, from the booking to the angles leading up to it to the commentary and even the crowd. Why even have opponents?

It also feeds into the notion that Cena is polarizing, which is a stupid thing to get excited about when he is supposed to be outright popular.
I personally went with Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks due to this very reason. The crowd practically ignores everything his opponent is doing and it makes the match all about insulting Cena. Not to mention we have to hear the same ol' "John Cena knows how to draw emotion from the WWE Universe!".

As annoying as the "What?" chant is, I've gotten used to it over the years. It still must be stopped though.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
"What", easily. I despise that chant.

"This is boring" irks me too, just because it's a pretty jerk-ish chant. I'm all for crowds expressing themselves, but come on...

·
You want it all but you can't have it.
2,986 Posts
I swear, if they magically banned "What?" chants, I'd be extremely fucking happy.

Problem is, it's never, ever, going away.

·
Banned
749 Posts
It's either "you can't wrestle" or "let's go cena/cena sucks," if only because people chant both entirely for shits and giggles these days.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
"this is awesome" when out of context. When a match is good that chant is great, and it's the sort of seal of approval from the fans to wrestlers, I love that chant. But when out of context it drives me insane, I'm mainly referring to the tourists at universal when they sing it in 6 different matches on a PPV.

And to be honest the what chants don't annoy me, so I can't think of any others what would get my vote

·
Banned
251 Posts
Seriously, who re-instigated this "WHAT?" fandom, so I can cut out their organs and testicles with a butter knife and sell them to the highest bidder?

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
Damn, that is a tough one. Those two annoy the hell out of me, as well as the "USA! USA! USA!" chants. I hate it especially when no one in the match is American.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts