Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Morrison fan I was pretty worried that after losing his WWE Title match with The Miz last week, his push would drop off the face of the earth. However after last night, I'm pleased to say he's back on track after picking up another great win against Sheamus. I think it's fairly obvious they plan on keeping with this push now, and that Morrison will eventually win the big one at some point next year, that's how the announcers put it over.

I also noticed that the one thing they are putting Morrison over with (besides being the 'Price of Parkour'...) is that he's incredibly 'resilient'. His win came as a shock and was put over as 'Morrison suriving' which leads me to believe he could in fact be in store for a big Royal Rumble run. I don't mean win it (although it isn't entirely impossible) but having a great run from an eearly number (one or two) and lasting until the final four or five or something. Would be a great way to put him over.

They only have two weeks until the rumble, so two weeks until they can create a possible storyline or feud for him to lead into Wrestlemania. So with these wins he's been getting, it seems like a case of building momentum to head into something bigger.

Thoughs? What do you see Morrison doing next/after the Royal Rumble?

Reactions: P.Smith

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
I would be very suprised if he isnt among the final four in the Rumble.

But cant really see what singles feud he can do right now. They are lacking heels he can go up against. More likely he will just float around.

Guaranteed he will be in the Elimination Chamber match.
And for Wrestlemania, my bet is on MITB if it happends.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Until Morrison sorts out his mic skills he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the world title, this guy isn't as over as Jeff Hardy was, you can't get by with just flashy ring skills. There's alot more people I'd rather see have the "big push", shame most, if not all are on Smackdown.

I do like Morrison, not a huge fan but I do like him. His ring style is refreshing from what we've seen over recent years, but like I said, he needs to sort his mic and promo work out pronto if he's to be taken any further. Because right now it's just cringe worthy.

Reactions: Starbuck

·
The Man Comes Around
8,496 Posts
IMO they will continue to build up Morrisson like the ultimate outsider, making him look good at the Rumble, putting him in the RAW Elimination Chamber ( where he did a great job last year ) and then winning the MITB and go back to Smackdown where he have bigger chance to shine ( lack of Babyface, Kane, Taker are getting old, Edge is dealing with injuries every now and then... )

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't see him winning it. It looks like WWE never take him that seriously. But if he wins, I’ll absolute happy!:D

At least he supposes to be in final four according to his position right now. And yes, I can see him as a champ because he has done a lot lately.

Not to mention that his merchandise sells pretty well lately too (And WWE loves that).:lmao

Maybe his time will come in EC (Even he didn’t win it he’ll steal the show as always). Or in WM (MITB).

·
Registered
81 Posts
JoMo is on the right track

Reactions: cookiemon

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
They fucked Morrison royally out of the rumble. The win last night was almost an apology from wwe...

If he were to win the rumble, I feel he needs more momentum.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,339 Posts
When Morrison is given decent material and doesn't have to talk about platypuses and hippo breath or whatever that godawful promo was about he does alright.

Flair, Foley and mothereffin' Laurence Olivier couldn't have pulled off some of the lines Morrison was given last year.

I like his style. I think he's decent with decent material. Just so long as they knock that Parkour crap off I wouldn't mind seeing him getting the title in a Miz feud.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
a win vs sheamus doesn't equal push. It just means they are keeping him busy till they figure out what to do with him.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IMO They fucked Morrison royally one year ago when they make him teaming with R-Truth for weeks
Anyone teaming with R-Truth is royally fucked tbh...

But yeh, after coming in the top three in the Smackdown elimination chamber while putting on a hell of a performance to...teaming with R-Truth to get pinned in a three minute opener at Mania was a bit disapointing. There's almost no chance he's in a worse spot on the card...think on the brightside!

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
THANK GOD Morrison's push isn't over. He got a pretty loud pop when he won and his reactions continue to grow and grow. Hopefully the WWE understands that the whole "underdog losing all the time" thing doesn't work and actually having the guy your pushing go over does. If they continue to protect him like this Morrison will be over enough to be champ by the end of this year. The Royal Rumble seems alittle too soon TBH.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I always said that Morrison's push isn't over yet, but people always jump to conclusion.
Well you can't blame the people sometimes. The WWE has tendency to always push guys to the moon then completely bring them back down(Bourne? Kofi?). Hopefully the WWE strikes while its hot and continues to push the guy.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Until Morrison sorts out his mic skills he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the world title, this guy isn't as over as Jeff Hardy was, you can't get by with just flashy ring skills. There's alot more people I'd rather see have the "big push", shame most, if not all are on Smackdown.

I do like Morrison, not a huge fan but I do like him. His ring style is refreshing from what we've seen over recent years, but like I said, he needs to sort his mic and promo work out pronto if he's to be taken any further. Because right now it's just cringe worthy.
If the miz can be the champion without able to wrestle than morrison should be in the main event with lack of mic skills

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
For now, his push has stopped.

Being one of the final 4 in the RR isn't a big deal, being one of the final 2 is.
Being apart of a World title Elimination Chamber match isn't a big deal, WWE have featured lower card wrestler in the match before.

So that leaves us with WrestleMania and the MITB, but i would'nt be so quick to predict a winner for that.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
As a fan of the man myself I think he still is a ways to go before holding the title. I say more like 2 years away from RAW title, and maybe a year away from being world champion on Smackdown. Morrison still needs to prove to me that he can be a top of the line "heel". His "face" work after that is also going to be an indicator of how far he has come.

Right now I would admit he has built a stronger fan base, and he is lucky because The Miz is world champion. He almost became the Jannetty of the two. However, he actually has talent so I don't think he'll head that route. Honestly I wouldn't mind him turning heel after failing to win the RR, and possibly the MITB for like the 100th time in a row.

With all the comparisons to HBK, and HBK making a return at RAW vowing not to do so after last year's WM match with Taker. Perhaps Morrison could rip HBK for going against his word. Maybe, Morrison does some comedic acts making fun of an old HBK. His skits on the Dirt Sheet making fun of CM Punk were classics. I could see Morrison faking a Michaels return.

Remember when Punk did the same thing with Jeff Hardy. He even fooled me because it at first really looked like Hardy. Obviously it was CM Punk as we soon found out. Morrison could literally do the same if he wanted. Fans would be going ape shit since HBK just made an impromptu appearance as recently as last night. People won't forget this. Then, the real HBK comes out only to be told by Morrison that he is taking his sweet chin music, and making it his own finisher. Morrison tells HBK, and the wrestling world that his new finisher name is "The Shaman's Storm", or "The Midnight Kick".

Hell, to add to this even more. Perhaps Morrison gets a cut backstage with Tyson Kidd prior to this feud with HBK, and asks him where his buddy is for their match that night. No Jackson Andrews once again for Kidd. Morrison tells Kidd that he better text him because he is going to need him to win tonight. Morrison hits Kidd with his old finisher the "Starship Pain". Out comes Andrews to the ring, and Morrison jumps out in a hurry. Andrews picks up kid, and gives him a powerbomb to the outside of the ring. Then, he walks off with Morrison. HBK/Diesel all over again.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i hope JOMO's push continues he is a great wrestler and should be champ someday.
p.s thought lastnight they were saying prince of hardcore i was like they're giving him a val venis gimmick lol

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
For now, his push has stopped.

Being one of the final 4 in the RR isn't a big deal, being one of the final 2 is.
If he were to start at number 1 or 2, then being in the final 4 in the rumble actually is a pretty big deal for someone like Morrison.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts