Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion, this match would be great. It would suit the PPV, as Morrison is an established Ladder match worker, these two could have a great match which could kick off Miz's reign in nice fashion.

They should hold off Orton's revenge and give Morrison the spot, it does wonders for both. It would establish Miz as a strong title holder by getting him to go over Morrison instead of being a cheat against Orton.

Match quality would be better too, as Orton/Miz is definitely not as appealling as Morrison/Miz in a ladder match.

Would give Morrison exposure, establish Miz the correct way and match quality wise, would be an awesome Main Event. These guys have history and chemistry together so it would work. Would be a great way to utilize the youth movement.

Would you be happy if they did this match?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
In my opinion, this match would be great. It would suit the PPV, as Morrison is an established Ladder match worker, these two could have a great match which could kick off Miz's reign in nice fashion.

They should hold off Orton's revenge and give Morrison the spot, it does wonders for both. It would establish Miz as a strong title holder by getting him to go over Morrison instead of being a cheat against Orton.

Match quality would be better too, as Orton/Miz is definitely not as appealling as Morrison/Miz in a ladder match.

Would give Morrison exposure, establish Miz the correct way and match quality wise, would be an awesome Main Event. These guys have history and chemistry together so it would work. Would be a great way to utilize the youth movement.

Would you be happy if they did this match?
Beating Morrison would not establish Miz and Why put a hold on Orton getting revenge and/or Wade getting the title for Morrison ?

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be better for Miz to go over Morrison in a high powered Ladder match, and potentially have a great match, to shut the haters up than to cheaply lose against Orton.

It does nothing for me, Miz vs Orton.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
It would be better for Miz to go over Morrison in a high powered Ladder match, and potentially have a great match, to shut the haters up than to cheaply lose against Orton.

It does nothing for me, Miz vs Orton.
No it would'nt, cause he's beaten him 3 times (4 if you count WM 26) and he is'nt a main eventer.
It's better for someone new to the main event scene to face established main eventers.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Similarly to above, Miz/Orton sounds like a snorefest to me.

Ladder match would be a great way to continue their slow-burning rivalry and would be nice to see Miz get a good strong win to give him some cred. Better that than cheating past Orton.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Match quality wise Miz/Morrison will be better than Orton/Miz but i can't see Morrison winning at all, Miz won't drop his title that fast, when they face-off, Morrison should beat Miz for the title and it seems it's not going to happen anytime soon. Orton and Miz should have a chairs match because a TLC match between these two would be a disaster. I expect Morrison to win KOTR first and build him up from there by putting him in the main event feud starting from Royal Rumble and then it will lead to Orton vs. Miz vs. Morrison match in the WM main event.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Of course, it'd be the better match. By a long, long way. However, it's just not going to happen. It'll be Orton vs. Miz, or Miz vs. Barrett vs. Orton, with Miz being beaten up but suddenly pushing Orton and Barrett off the ladder or something then going up and getting the title. Simple way for him to get a cheap title defence.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Match quality wise Miz/Morrison will be better than Orton/Miz but i can't see Morrison winning at all, Miz won't drop his title that fast, when they face-off, Morrison should beat Miz for the title and it seems it's not going to happen anytime soon. Orton and Miz should have a chairs match because a TLC match between these two would be a disaster. I expect Morrison to win KOTR first and build him up from there by putting him in the main event feud starting from Royal Rumble and then it will lead to Orton vs. Miz vs. Morrison match in the WM main event
:lmao :lmao

Similarly to above, Miz/Orton sounds like a snorefest to me.

Ladder match would be a great way to continue their slow-burning rivalry and would be nice to see Miz get a good strong win to give him some cred. Better that than cheating past Orton.
Beating someone for the 4th time is not a good strong win, it's simply beating someone who is'nt one your level AGAIN.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I don't think miz beating Morrison would establish him at all, but I like the idea. Morrison always brings the best out of Miz in the ring, just like Miz brings the best out of Morrison on the mic. A TLC match between the two would be great.

With that being said I don't want it to happen. Morrison and Miz need a big feud with good buildup. Unless their feud continued through the Rumble, its not worth it wasting their money feud this early.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
If The Miz vs. John Morrison for the WWE Championship DOES happen, it's not going to happen @ TLC. Randy Orton still has a rematch clause, and we don't know what role Wade Barrett will play now that John Cena is fired.

But there is a good chance that if The Miz's first reign lasts long enough, we'll see a mid-carder emerge to challenge him. Sheamus and Triple H: Part II seems set in stone, and that will probably last till Mania, so that's 2 main-eventers out of the picture. Now that Cena has been "fired", his revenge storyline will slowly emerge against Barrett, so there's another 2 out. So we've got Miz vs. Orton at least for the rest of 2010.

Keep in mind I said if Miz's 1st reign is a long one. We have absolutely no idea how long creative plans on having him hold the belt. It could last all the way till the grandest stage of them all @ WrestleMania in April, or it could end a month from now @ TLC. He may lose it in the shuffle @ Elimination Chamber, or even drop it on Monday. We don't know.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Well, it's just a suggestion. I realize they will most likely do Miz vs. Orton at WM but i personally would prefer Morrison to get involved because not only the match quality would be better, it could also help Morrison to slowly become main eventer and it would make a great storyline down the road because Miz and Morrison have an uncanny chemistry together no matter what they do, and Orton is only there to be the star power in the match, he also should avenge Miz for his cheap cash in after all. I take it you don't like Morrison but at least he will make the match more watchable.

Anyway, to add more in my previous post, i also don't think Barrett will challenge for the title again at TLC, he's had his multiple shots and failed, there's a chance he and Nexus might interfere in Miz/Orton match to beat up both men so it will end in no-contest, and Miz is still champion.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts

Beating someone for the 4th time is not a good strong win, it's simply beating someone who is'nt one your level AGAIN.
Your sig quote seems to apply here

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
I really don't want to see John Morrison in the main event of a PPV I pay for.

He reminds me of the dude from Team America who has the pubes stuck to his face to disguise himself as an arab.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Anyway, to add more in my previous post, i also don't think Barrett will challenge for the title again at TLC, he's had his multiple shots and failed, there's a chance he and Nexus might interfere in Miz/Orton match to beat up both men so it will end in no-contest, and Miz is still champion.
If there's one thing I DO NOT want to see for the rest of 2010, then it's Wade Barrett getting yet another world title shot. He's had too many opportunities in a short amount of time, and I think alot of people would agree with me when I say there needs to be a fresh contender. If WWE wanted him to be WWE Champion in 2010, he would have had it by now.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Well, it's just a suggestion. I realize they will most likely do Miz vs. Orton at WM but i personally would prefer Morrison to get involved because not only the match quality would be better, it could also help Morrison to slowly become main eventer and it would make a great storyline down the road because Miz and Morrison have an uncanny chemistry together no matter what they do, and Orton is only there to be the star power in the match, he also should avenge Miz for his cheap cash in after all. I take it you don't like Morrison but at least he will make the match more watchable.

I like Morrison but i don't think that simply winning a tournament featuring midcarders that's lost it's prestige should be a ticket to main eventing the biggest show of the year.

I want Miz to become an established main eventer, not a B-level main eventer who beats midcarders and looks like crap against already established ones.

Your sig quote seems to apply here
what ? :confused:

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
If there's one thing I DO NOT want to see for the rest of 2010, then it's Wade Barrett getting yet another world title shot. He's had too many opportunities in a short amount of time, and I think alot of people would agree with me when I say there needs to be a fresh contender. If WWE wanted him to be WWE Champion in 2010, he would have had it by now.
Me neither. If you read my post carefully i didn't suggest him to get another shot at the title, but Barrett needs to do something relevant until Cena returns, so whether we like it or not it's inevitable he'll get involved in the main event scene for awhile, but i don't think he will win the title before WM, it won't be wise to have The Miz lose the title very soon because he still needs to be established as main eventer hence why i'm sure he won't lose the belt until WM.

I like Morrison but i don't think that simply winning a tournament featuring midcarders that's lost it's prestige should'nt be a ticket to main eventing the biggest show of the year.

I want Miz to become an established main eventer, not a B-level main eventer who beats midcarders and looks like crap against already established ones.
Isn't that actually the purpose of KOTR which is to elevate upper-midcarder to the main event? Oh and Miz beating established main eventer like Orton convincingly would be kinda hard to accomplish, Orton already beat Miz this year so i doubt Miz would be booked stronger than Orton this time, Miz can only win in dirty ways i guess, well i think he can establish himself through his mic work, winning WWE title is something great to brag about, the title will help him draw a large amount of heat.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Morrison should not ever face The Miz for the title. But it is only plausible if there is no other man to do it and even then its only because of their history.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Isn't that actually the purpose of KOTR which is to elevate upper-midcarder to the main event? Oh and Miz beating established main eventer like Orton convincingly would be kinda hard to accomplish, Orton already beat Miz this year so i doubt Miz would be booked stronger than Orton this time, Miz can only win in dirty ways i guess, well i think he can establish himself through his mic work, winning WWE title is something great to brag about, the title will help him draw a large amount of heat.
The only men elevated straight to the main event were Mabel, King Booker, Harley Race & Lesnar.
While Angle & Austin had big fueds with established main eventers before going on to win the World Title.

Even if Miz loses to Orton, he still fought an established main eventer.
What's the point in winning the World Title and main eventing if he's gonna just face midcard wrestlers ?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
The only men elevated straight to the main event were Mabel, King Booker & Lesnar.
While Angle & Austin had big fueds with established main eventers before going on to win the World Title.

Even if Miz loses to Orton, he still fought an established main eventer.
What's the point in winning the World Title and main eventing if he's gonna just face midcard wrestlers ?
Morrison already beat Sheamus who is a two-time WWE champion and Sheamus already beat Triple H and John Cena (well, it was still a clean win after all) in the past, so Morrison is entering KOTR in a great shape, he's not just a random midcarder, kayfabe-wise he's already very near to main event level, people already see him as a threat, and if he wins KOTR it will establish him more as big time player, there's nothing wrong with joining the likes of King Booker and Lesnar so i don't think it will hurt Miz at all if he faces Morrison, besides, i don't suggest them to have one on one match, they need to hold that off until they are fully established in the main event, a three way feud between Miz, Morrison, and Orton is a win-win to me, Orton could serve as the star power, Miz headlining WM as the champion will make him feel more big time, and Morrison getting inserted in WM main event is also a great way to establish him in the main event level so next year we'll see two new young stars in main event.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Morrison already beat Sheamus who is a two-time WWE champion and Sheamus already beat Triple H and John Cena (well, it was still a clean win after all) in the past, so Morrison is entering KOTR in a great shape, he's not just a random midcarder, kayfabe-wise he's already very near to main event level, people already see him as a threat, and if he wins KOTR it will establish him more as big time player, there's nothing wrong with joining the likes King Booker and Lesnar so i don't think it will hurt Miz at all if he faces Morrison, besides, i don't suggest them to have one on one match, they need to hold that off until they are fully established in the main event, a three way feud between Miz, Morrison, and Orton is a win-win to me, Orton could serve as the star power, Miz headlining WM as the champion will make him feel more big time, and Morrison getting inserted in WM main event is also a great way to establish him in the main event level so next year we'll see two new young stars in main event.
- Sheamus is at the bottom of the list of main eventers, he could'nt even get a dirty pinfall to retain his belt.
- Morrison IS a random midcarder and who consideres him a threat ?
- Lesnar at least beat RVD & Hogan while never being pinned before winning the WWE title.
- Miz beats a guy he's defeated 3 times to retain his World Title, i can just imagine the shock if Miz gets such a huge win :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts