Wrestling Forum banner

Morrison cannot tell a story

7158 Views 101 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  BornBad
I just think this argument is bullcrap. For anyone to say thus just proves their ignorance or Just haven't been watching wwe lately. I used to think it was true. But after watching raw last week I can clearly say JoMo is an excellent story teller despite punk actually having the scars to show it. The way JoMo sold his leg injury made me believe it more than punks. And if that didn't convince his entrance and in ring work after punk blinded him was definitely impressive especially the facial expression
Reactions: Swag
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
I disagree, he can tell a great story. Once he told me this story about when he was first called up to the main roster and found out he would be Bischoff's boy....ugh, the story doesn't matter. He told it great!

In all honesty, yeah I agree with you. He seems to be one of the better guys at telling a story and expressing it with his actions. Of course, everyone will just reply and talk about how he "still sucks on the mic!!!111". But yeah, he can take a beatdown and sell things better than most.

· Is a Snit Head
34,367 Posts
I was ready to come in and flame you when I saw the thread title. Glad I read the post.

Morrison was awesome at EC and told an amazing story in the ring. He's really been growing on me these last few months.

· HOES MAD
24,947 Posts
Although he has gotten better over the years, Morrison to me still cannot tell a story. That is astounding since he has been in the WWE for about almost ten years,. You would think he could tell a story. Sure, he has had his moments with him and Shemus recently but that was only because the story would only lead to Shemus becoming the King of the Ring. Point is, until Morrison can get out of the mold of being the "stuntman that can never win the big match", he will continue to be stagnant.

· Registered
317 Posts
I am inclined to agree with the OP; too many people seem to decidedly write Morrison's story telling ability off without hearing him out. He can be a great seller and he played the 'revenge' angle to perfection after being sprayed in the eye by Nexus a couple of weeks ago. Sure he's no Rocky Maivia on the mic, but I'd rather hear Morrison cut a promo than half of the current WWE roster.

With a little more work he can convey more emotions through his movement and facial expressions, which would reduce the need for talking anyway. Plus he's by no means the finished article yet, but I think he has improved a lot recently. Nevertheless, I do have to concede that he has been in the WWE a while and it is reasonable that people would have higher expectations of him as far as the storytelling aspect is concerned. Still, I believe he will come good in the end.

· HOES MAD
24,947 Posts
I honestly was watching the RAW EC last week and was amazed by Morrison's flips and stunts but then after five seconds, it was all gone. That is really all he has going for him. His mic skills are poor and his character has gotten limited. Also, he hasn't won a "big" match yet and until he, himself, can show he is fully prepared to win one then he will continue to be where he is. He is the Shelton Benjamin of RAW right now.

· Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He might be able to sell a beating, but he'll never sell a ticket.
Well the only reason I bought a ticket to watch raw when they come to my town is because I want to see John morrison I wouldn't consider blowing some money on anyone else. So yeah bro. He just sold a ticket

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
^^Lol, I thought the same, the only reason I chose a RAW houseshow over Smackdown this year was to see Morrison.

Regarding the topic, Morrison can tell a great story in the ring. All his matches with various people tell great stories, his FCA match with the Miz was fantastic in that area (both guys made that a great story). His in ring psychology is excellent, he sells work on body parts incredibly well and his matches always make perfect sense. People recently keep complaining about the 'flip' stuff but I actually think it adds to his character and his storytelling. He's now that guy who's going to do anything, and I mean ANYTHING to try and win, to try and reach the top and win that big match so his big moves contribute to that mindset.

When he hits a big move, people think 'Morrison's going all out to win this match' which is exactly what you should be thinking and it's exactly what's getting him over, and helping him progress up the card. The big moves usually make pefect sense in temrs of him wanting to win the match, and the lengths he'll go to, to win said match.

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
Damn, Morrison sold 4 whole tickets. Someone put the World Title on him already.

He's a good wrestler, as displayed back in 2009 on Smackdown, but lately he's devolved just into spots as a method to get over.

· Banned
7,766 Posts
Add me to those that will buy a ticket to watch John Morrison. It used to be John Morrison and Chris Jericho, but since Jericho is gone right now, it's just Morrison.
Yes but you like P.Smith are 13 year old girls and you'll soon grow out of this Morrison crush. When you do you'll see he has little to be admired for; certainly nothing going for him that nobody else already has.

· Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes but you like P.Smith are 13 year old girls and you'll soon grow out of this Morrison crush. When you do you'll see he has little to be admired for; certainly nothing going for him that nobody else already has.
I am a twenty year old guy and I like Morrison. Not because I think he is sexy. I am not gay. But because admire his determination and skills. the man is a role model to kids and adults

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.