Wrestling Forum banner

Morrison and Ziggler

883 Views 18 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  NJ88
I think this little feud has the potential to be huge. It's a pity that they can't throw the US title into it because I think that might be enough to make it relevant. I mean Morrison still gets a good crowd reaction and Ziggler with Vickie pulls massive heat.

What's your thoughts?
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
815 Posts
It's been heavily implied that both are on the cusp of the top title. It wouldn't be fair to put them in a US title volley

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but you can't do that if they're both on the cusp. I mean you have to go over a main eventer to get a shot at the title but they're both feuding each other.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
A feud like this can't be huge I don't think, but it can still be good and can benefit both guys a lot. Morrison needs to have actual feuds, he had a good one with Sheamus which did very well for him so having some direction can be good for both of them. They do need to get the DIVAs out of the feud now though, and since Trish is probably gone now, it might just come down to Morrison and Ziggler (with Vickie hovering around).

To me though, watching both of these guys feud now, after the progress they made last year is kind of like looking into the future. I hope it's like looking into the future anyways. I liked how during the match on RAW the announcers (Booker T especially) basicall sold Morrison and Ziggler as two of the future stars, and two guys who could make an impact in the WWE. Thats what they need, to be hyped as singles stars rather than getting buried in DIVAs feuds.

The feud could be good, I hope they give Morrison some mic time in this one so he can improve a bit. The matches of course will be fantastic too. If both stay on RAW I'd like to see at least two PPV matches, with the one at Extreme Rules possibly being a Falls Count Anywhere type match or something. I'm looking forward to it though. Hopefully after this feud, Morrison can move into a feud with Miz for the title...maybe.

EDIT: Oh and the US Title is below both guys at the moment. As someone else said, its being sold that both guys are on the cusp of the main event, not the mid-card belt. Ziggler is technically a former World Champion anyways. Throwing the US Title in the mix would be a step down.

· Registered
815 Posts
I reckon there'll always be Cena and Orton in their way, so if they can be swapped for ADR and perhaps Kofi or the Big Show at the draft or something, start a WHC title volley between them.

· Registered
815 Posts
The matches could be great if they got rid of all the stupid gimmicks (divas and Vickie mainly) and just let them go at it.
I agree. Ancient Greek style: wearing nothing but a pint of olive oil.

Reactions: soir8

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I completely agree. But on Raw there is already a full main event so I don't see their push to the main event happening any time soon.

· Registered
815 Posts
Then transfer them to SD. I know it'd be tricky trying to transfer Ziggler over, but I'm sure it can be done.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Then transfer them to SD. I know it'd be tricky trying to transfer Ziggler over, but I'm sure it can be done.
Easy as, if you remove Vickie from his side.

· Registered
548 Posts
It not nesscary to throw in the U.S title. I think this feud has to potential to be good but not huge, i know Vickie would be invovled in this so i would turn Melina face so that she can be in Morrison corner which would make sense.

I do see them facing each other at Extreme Rules which would be a very good match and they should prove both guys with some mic time cuz they hardly get any especially Morrison who really needs it.

· Registered
815 Posts
I don't think he's with Melina any more. What they could do is shift JoMo on to SD, put the strap on him at F4W or something, then have Ziggler come over.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
Morrison will go over to Smackdown in the draft I think, although I dont see how Ziggler will go over too sincce he's only just moved back over to RAW. If both stay on the same brand thhen I'd love a couple of PPVs of feuding, I doubt they do though, I think they have one match at Extreme Rules which Morrison wins, then he heads off to Smackdown and reaches the main event over there whilst winning the SD MITB, while Ziggler wins the RAW MITB.

· Registered
815 Posts
The draft's late April, isn't it? Would it be too optimistic to put the strap on him in June? So Edge has to drop at ER to avoid a fave-v-face match, presumably to ADR, I don't expect they'll give him a one-month reign. So if ER is ADR beating Edge, OtL being successful retention, and the June event is Morrison winning, at F4W Ziggler makes a surprise entry and wins, and sets the feud up nicely to go main-event.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
It would, but there has to be reasoning. He can't just keep swapping and switching brands for no reason. And I don't see Morrison winning the title until late this year. I know people keep giong on about home towns and guys not winning in home towns etc but I do see Morrison winning his first world title at Summerslam this year in LA.

Alberto Del Rio will win the title from Edge at Oveer the Limit or something. I thought they got rid of Fatal Fourway anyways. But I predict he keeps it for a little while. Morrison will have his time later on in the yearon Smackdown or RAW and will hopefully win either brands MITB match.

· Registered
548 Posts
I can see him being apart of the Smackdown brand which would be the best thing for him because there are lots guys he can feud with which would help him. They should start to build him up at before MITB PPV and after the MITB and cash it at Survivor Series or Summerslam which one of WWE the biggest PPV and Summerslam & Survivior Series has lost some of its prestige so for him cash it in at Summerslam or Surivor Series would be memerable moment for him.

If does cash it in at Surivivor Series then maybe they could set up a Morrison vs Edge feud maybe have them face each at the TLC PPV in Ladder match or TLC match.

· Registered
5,034 Posts
Well, they can definitely put on a great match. I would like to see them feud for a title, and maybe get a little personal here and there. And unleash Morrison's mean side. Morrison's awesome. I have always been a fan of him.

· Registered
815 Posts
I reckon what they could do is make them storyline rivals throughout their career. Let them have other feuds, switch shows, etc. But always have an underlying dislike of each other and occasionally step on each other's toes.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
I reckon what they could do is make them storyline rivals throughout their career. Let them have other feuds, switch shows, etc. But always have an underlying dislike of each other and occasionally step on each other's toes.
I think/thought they should always do that, and they still do mostly always do that with both Morrison/Miz (and always will) and Punk/Morrison. They've feuded in the past, and always seem to have something potentially going on, whenver they match up their history is always mentioned etc. They will ALWAYS do that with Morrison/Miz.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.