Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could they be what they need to bring back some je ne c'est quoi to the tag division?

That said, I thought the same thing when Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel refused to prove their loyalty a fortnight ago (I'm only just getting to watch this week's raw :( )

I just think they've got good chemistry. It'll probably turn out that they're just plumping JoMo for a turn, but yea, something to consider.

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
It's "je ne sais quoi". And no, Daniel Bryan is going to team with Derrick Bateman.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Morrison and Bryan won't be teaming anytime soon...unless its in a random tag match. They won't be a tag team though. Bryan is still getting his mid-card singles push and Morrison is getting a slow steady push to the main event, it would ruin both of their pushes if they put them together.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Putting either guy into a team would be stupid. Morrison is probably the most over he's ever been right now and could finally be getting his big break, and Bryan is quickly becoming the go-to guy for Match of the Night contenders.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think the tag titles should put you out of the picture for either the mid card or the main event.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
If they won the tag titles, it would somewhat necessitate Bryan dropping the US title and Morrison's push would at the very least slow down, if not stop altogether.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I don't think the tag titles should put you out of the picture for either the mid card or the main event.
But it would, the WWE doesn't give a shit about the tag division therefore anyone in there is extremely low down the card or a comedy jobber, putting the two in a tag team would halt any kind of push that either of them might get because they cannot maintain momentum to stay in the main event while facing jobbers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That will drag him down to Mid-Card. Look at last time they team him with R-truth. He was last three in EC and then he lost 3 minute in WM.

Besides, Bryan has Bateman. Who's likely to win NXT and team with Bryan for tag titles.

·
Banned
342 Posts
Did you see Morrison's falls-count-anywhere match with Miz? This guy should not be in a tag team. If he gets better on the stick, he could be a real main eventer. He's got something, he's not all there yet, but putting him in a tag team will only set him back.

Bryan's a great talker, has a brilliant gimmick and has been consistently over since his days on NXT. He just needs to 'snap' a few more times and rekindle his feud with Michael Cole. Daniel Bryan is like a Chris Benoit with actual personality! The mind boggles at what he could accomplish in WWE.

Neither of them should get lumbered with the albatross that is the WWE Tag Team division in 2010.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't take it to heart, bud :rolleyes:

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
There's only one thing that can save the tag team division and that's Vince McMahon becoming committed to it, but that won't happen. Teaming 2 singles guys together isn't going to do anything. DX couldn't save the tag team division, Rated RKO couldn't save the tag team division, JeriShow couldn't save the tag team division, even though there was a bit more focus under their reign. Morrison and Bryan would just be another makeshift tag team which helps no one. Bryan is better off tagging with/mentoring Bateman, and as much as I absolutely loathe Morrison and think he should never be anywhere near a world title, it would be against the WWE's best interest to stray him away from the path that he's currently on. He's finally getting some major momentum, and WWE is severely lacking in making new main event faces. It would be taking a step backwards for them, not a very wise move after all the work invested in him over the last 3 or 4 months. Of course, to get him away from the WWE Championship scene, I would support it, but it's still not in WWE's own best interest.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There's only one thing that can save the tag team division and that's Vince McMahon becoming committed to it, but that won't happen. Teaming 2 singles guys together isn't going to do anything. DX couldn't save the tag team division,
It's kind of hard to save a division you spend half your time mocking.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Bryan's a great talker, has a brilliant gimmick and has been consistently over since his days on NXT.
None of this is actually true, his mic work can be cringeworthy at times, just like when he introduced Bateman on NXT for example. Oh, his gimmick is soooo brilliant nobody actually gives a shit about his angle with the Bellas right now. And he's not consistently over, he came out to dead silence on Raw and NXT this week, granted it's not really his fault considering Raw creatives is slowly killing his momentum by putting him in a useless angle with the Bellas which really sucks for Bryan, he deserves better.

Back on topic, i don't want Morrison to be a tag team guy, i'd like Morrison to be a single competitor for the rest of his career, no more tag teams.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
It would because then they have to challenge for it and then have to defend it thus putting them out of the title picture for everything else

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
None of this is actually true, his mic work can be cringeworthy at times, just like when he introduced Bateman on NXT for example. Oh, his gimmick is soooo brilliant nobody actually gives a shit about his angle with the Bellas right now. And he's not consistently over, he came out to dead silence on Raw and NXT this week, granted it's not really his fault considering Raw creatives is slowly killing his momentum by putting him in a useless angle with the Bellas which really sucks for Bryan, he deserves better.

Back on topic, i don't want Morrison to be a tag team guy, i'd like Morrison to be a single competitor for the rest of his career, no more tag teams.
You expected him to give an articulate introduction for Bateman???Come on it's an introduction.

Bryan can be a very good talker if he is given the right material.His promos with Cole were gold class.His delivery is certainly above average.

The only guy who's mic work is cringeworthy is Morisson.Having said that Morisson in on a roll now & his in-ring work is decent enough to give him a one off title at some point of his career.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts