Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was one of the hottest WWE crowds in recent memory but even their energy was killed heading into the third hour. Three hours is just too much and I wish Vince would realize this.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Third hour isn't going away anytime soon.

We know it stinks for the quality of the content but it makes no sense business wise to get rid of it. The TV deal is the strongest source of income and it's USA's highest rated show also.

Just gotta deal with it.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,397 Posts
You guys and your 3rd hour lol just change the channel or go to sleep. :vince6

Reactions: birthday_massacre

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
three hours is way too long. if you can't get energy out of a Boston crowd there's something wrong with the show. it's not like they were in some kind of hick town where they are always quiet regardless.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Last night was one of the hottest WWE crowds in recent memory but even their energy was killed heading into the third hour. Three hours is just too much and I wish Vince would realize this.
Don't be confused. Vince does know 3 hours is too much. Them keeping it is purely a business decision. Nothing more. The effect is has on the WWE fanbase is the last thing on WWE's mind. This is the case for alot of what WWE does in this era hence the dwindling ratings & attendance.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
TV contract is up in september 2019. That's the earliest when the length of the show might change.

If they could get away with it, I think they should make the last 30+ minutes an "after show". w/ Recaps, reviews, interviews, "press conferences", etc.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Raw is impossible for me to watch live now, I tried watching last night for the first time in months and after about 10 ad breaks in the first half an hour I was wondering how the hell I used to sit through a full 3 hour show every week.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
3 hours is ridiculous when you really think about it, most popular tv shows are weekly 1 hour shows, you watch it and look forward to the next one but no-one really has the time to sit down and watch 3 solid hours of a show every week thats not even counting the further 2 hours of smackdown plus the other things here and there.

can anything be good enough to keep you enthralled for 5 hours every single week? I think even the likes of breaking bad would bore people pretty quick if you were subjected by that amount of programming on a weekly basis.

increased TV time does not equal increased interest, basically wwe doesnt leave you wanting more because you already get too much, thats not going to keep bringing people back.

Reactions: birthday_massacre

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
This is why I have the privilege of not watching it live since I work second shift lol. Nothing like skipping all those commercials.

There was so much good stuff going on last night that I don't mind the three hours at all. The talent pool is large as fuck so it's nice to see everyone getting TV time. Last night we saw the cruiserweights, two women's matches, the opening tag segment, the closing main event segment, among all the midcard acts. No boring ass twenty minute promos by the same guy that closes the show.

As long as Raw stays consistently good I have no problem with the three hours.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Wow! You're proof is amazing and so eye opening. I am so thankful that you decided to open up your "Vault of Proofs" and share them with the world. Bravo my good sir, bravo. If anything it's just terrible booking. Great booking makes a great show no matter how short, or long that may be. Obviously we know what terrible booking will do.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts