Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 160 Posts

·
None. More. Hated.
6,325 Posts
Two promos and a video package. Some of you REALLY need to start watching talk shows and stop watching WRESTLING.
Its not real. You have to give people a reason to care about the scripted fights they're watching. Why did Allin vs. Jericho have to be 20 minutes? You could have made it 15 and given 5 of those minutes to a video package for Allin and letting him cut a promo backstage. If Im a new viewer, Im thinking, who the fuck is this painted guy on a skateboard fighting Chris Jericho for a world title?

You talk like this company is 5 years old and the viewers know who everyone is and why they should be invested. This show is just guys doing moves right now.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Two promos and a video package. Some of you REALLY need to start watching talk shows and stop watching WRESTLING.
What with some smarks who appareantly began to watch wrestling two days ago coming off with this kind of ingnorant stupid crap.

People NEVER watched wrestling because of wrestling, or you think Rock, Austin and Hogan are the GOATs because of their fucking in ring work?.

Stop your weird shit, wrestling were always talk shows, with some wrestling.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
What with some smarks who appareantly began to watch wrestling two days ago coming off with this kind of ingnorant stupid crap.

People NEVER watched wrestling because of wrestling, or you think Rock, Austin and Hogan are the GOATs because of their fucking in ring work?.

If you grew up in the Attitude Era... maybe I could see this bad line of thought... but even then it was an era that is remembered just as much for some awesome matches as it was its soap opera. Please, learn what wrestling actually is.

Reactions: A-C-P and V-Trigger

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts

Someone someone didn't watch Flair 80's reign or the AJPW era. Don't tag me next time if you don't have an idea about what you are talking about.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
"WWE do too many promos, we want more Wrestling"

"AEW do too much wrestling, we want more promos"

:kobelol

AEW have given us a few promos/promo packages over the past two weeks.

All they need to do is find a better balance.

I said after last weeks show, if they showcase some of their YouTube stuff onto television it would make things ten times better.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,325 Posts
Someone someone didn't watch Flair 80's reign or the AJPW era. Don't tag me next time if you don't have an idea about what you are talking about.
Yeah. For PPVs, I want the best high quality in ring stuff you can put on. Ric Flair also was given however long he wanted on TV to cut promos to TALK PEOPLE INTO THE BUILDING. Thats why that phrase exists. You dont, work real hard and do lots of moves to get people onto the building.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Dude are you fucking mention fucking Nature boy, the guy that made a living and A WHOLE LEGACY out of being one of the first great showman/talkers in history of entertainment to validate your ridiculous case about wrestling being about wrestling.

You can't be this dumb.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Dude are you fucking mention fucking Nature boy, the guy that made a living and A WHOLE LEGACY out of being one of the first great showman/talkers in history of entertainment to validate your ridiculous case about wrestling being about wrestling.

You can't be this dumb.
Someone doesn't know that some territories didn't have TV deals back in the day and the storylines progressed via ring work. Again, you don't know what you are talking about. You are an Attitude Era baby and that it's okay. But don't come here and act like wrestling has always been like that because you are dead wrong.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I can understand the stories pretty easily right now without the talking. *shrugs*
But the "talking" is part of wresting. The "talking" has, over the years, given as many memorable moments as the matches have.

There are members of the roster who have an incredible ability to engage and connect with the crowd and the fans who are not getting to say a word.

We have a main event faction of wrestlers who haven't opened their mouths once except for Jericho.

We have unknowns on the roster who are wrestlers no one has ever heard of to this point and who are not getting a chance to showcase their characters.

They HAVE to find a better balance. I'm not talking about going one extreme to the other, but tonight for example they could have taken 5-10 minutes off of the horribly long Lucha Bros tag match and used that relatively small amount of time for promos.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Yeah. For PPVs, I want the best high quality in ring stuff you can put on. Ric Flair also was given however long he wanted on TV to cut promos to TALK PEOPLE INTO THE BUILDING. Thats why that phrase exists. You dont, work real hard and do lots of moves to get people onto the building.
Dude, we got TWO promos and a long video package. NOT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO TALK because THEN we get cases like RICOCHET that literally killed his momentum because he doesn't have the skills to do it. WRESTLING is all about hiding weakness and show strenghts.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Dude, we got TWO promos and a long video package. NOT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO TALK because THEN we get cases like RICOCHET that literally killed his momentum because he doesn't have the skills to do it. WRESTLING is all about hiding weakness and show strenghts.
Moxley hasn't said a word live on TV in 6 hours. That is not highlighting strengths.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
"WWE do too many promos, we want more Wrestling"

"AEW do too much wrestling, we want more promos"

:kobelol

AEW have given us a few promos/promo packages over the past two weeks.

All they need to do is find a better balance.

I said after last weeks show, if they showcase some of their YouTube stuff onto television it would make things ten times better.
For me, what opened my eyes was NWA Powerrr. I didn’t know I was missing not just that style, but that balance. Hal the show is promo, half is wrestling roughly. It just worked and it got over their wrestlers more than either WWE or AEW has.
Mox said paradigm shift s while back... and someone did shift it and it wasn’t AEW.

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
Promos will come. Absoluitely no point in having promos just because you think you should have promos.You end up saying the same stupid shit.Less is more but more promos will come for sure

·
None. More. Hated.
6,325 Posts
The Mox thing doesnt even count as a promo. The Cody video package was great, but why does Cody need one? Because he wasnt booked and the show can't survive without his face? Theres still how long till Full Gear? You could have ran that anytime you wanted.

How bout making a package and giving a promo to the guy fighting for the world title tonight who the causal viewer has no idea of?

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
For me, what opened my eyes was NWA Powerrr. I didn’t know I was missing not just that style, but that balance. Hal the show is promo, half is wrestling roughly. It just worked and it got over their wrestlers more than either WWE or AEW has.
Mox said paradigm shift s while back... and someone did shift it and it wasn’t AEW.

The the concept NWA is doing with promos is entirely different than almost every promotion including AEW. Its very different approach well more of what we used to know. It was very good but i think some of that element will creep into AEW more over time.

NWA is brilliant.

Reactions: Kabraxal
61 - 80 of 160 Posts