Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great show again tonight overall, and they're doing a great job of telling stories in the ring, but one criticism is we definitely need more promos, even if they're short and sweet.

These guys need more opportunity to really get their personalities across. We've had four hours of TV and Jericho is the only guy who's really spoken.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
I think when they get feuds going more. Right now, outside of Cody/Jericho (got one tonight) and Mox/Omega, there is nothing to say.

·
Best Post Machine
566 Posts
These guys need more opportunity to really get their personalities across. We've had four hours of TV and Jericho is the only guy who's really spoken.
I think they're going with the idea that the crowd has to want to see them to speak first. Get them over some first, get the crowd seeing what they are about. Then they will be interested in what they have to say.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Agreed. They'll understand this when their viewership drops after the wrestling-heavy episodes they've delivered.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The problem is apart from Jericho, Moxley and MJF, most of these dudes in the roster are guys thay can't talk and have no charisma, a bunch of indy small dudes who appareantly according to Khan and Cody, will get big at base of in ring work.

Which is completely false, it will anly draw the same hardcores. AEW needs to figure soon that one part of their show is gold, but the other one is unnecesary indy shit.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Great show again tonight overall, and they're doing a great job of telling stories in the ring, but one criticism is we definitely need more promos, even if they're short and sweet.

this there was clearly a place for 2 others promos

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I remember there was one episode of WCW when Buff Bagwell cut a promo on his way to the ring and during the match.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I agree with what some said,They will have more promos once more feuds start and more characters are progressing.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Yeah when you think about it what is there really for anyone aside from Jericho to say? Most of the talking was done with action tonight and that's fine. Not everyone needs to run their mouths for 20 minutes.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Mox needs to talk more but they are killing it with in-ring storytelling so promos haven't been needed.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I'm sure that will come with time. But Jericho's promo was enough this week, and and it REALLY did it's job with showcasing his team.

You also had the opener video package in which both teams gave their introductions. and you had Pac talking on commentary, and the post match interaction to help elevate that angle.

So even tho you got one promo tonight, they still did their job effectively with all angles. Sometimes actions speak louder than words.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
If I wanna see a bunch of people talk then I’ll watch a debate. 1 promo is fine, maybe 2. 3 becomes overkill.

Use platforms like YouTube to do that stuff.

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
Wait. People complain when there’s talking segments all
The time and now you want a bunch of them? This’ll get confusing for them to please everyone
No, people complain when there's a 30-minute promo opening RAW with some bunch of geeks who can't talk for shit or some authority figure.

When there's someone good who can talk - people want to see more of that. Nothing contradictory about this, I think AEW understands that.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts