Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...ithin_WWE_of_Two_Top_Superstars_Retiring.html

- CM Punk was reportedly sick and banged up at Tuesday night's SmackDown tapings from Tulsa where he wrestled a member of The Shield. As noted, Punk made a tweet during the tapings that said he had an accident in his pants while in the ring. Punk later deleted that tweet.

There was concern that Punk suffered a concussion and there was talk going around that he hurt his back during the November 25th RAW. Punk tweeted on Thursday that his ribs are busted.

On a related note, there's been a lot of talk within WWE of both Punk and Alberto Del Rio talking about retiring within the next few years.

Source: PWInsider

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Punks not retiring until he main events WM. He has said that many times that thats the last goal he wants to acomplish. I personally see WWE holding off on that just to keep him around a few more years.

As for now. Just give Punk some time off until the rumble

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Why doesn't he just take time off to completely recover and be a 100%? Dude is too careless.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
Why does CM Punk seem so fragile and sickly? Like, I understand they're doing amazingly difficult physical activities on a daily basis and he's no spring chicken, but he seems incredibly injury prone and the injuries seem to drag on and on and it seems to take him forever to heal.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Why does CM Punk seem so fragile and sickly? Like, I understand they're doing amazingly difficult physical activities on a daily basis and he's no spring chicken, but he seems incredibly injury prone and the injuries seem to drag on and on and it seems to take him forever to heal.
Don't forget that he pretty much wrestled nonstop from ~2007-2012 before he got that first spurt of time off. Even when he did get injured, he was still travelling and working commentary. All that shit's just catching up with him...and he's no spring chicken :p

Anyways if he's actually injured, then better give him time off till the Rumble buildup imo. It would suck if he missed WM30 due to injury.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
The writing is on the wall with Punk. He doesn't take any painkillers because of his straight edge lifestyle. Punk's just been beat up a lot the last couple years.

I think Vince is saddest about Del Rio. I could see him going back to Mexico to do a last tour then hanging the boots up.

·
Premium Member
19,339 Posts
lol "rumors" and reports with no named source... translated, I can make anything up I want and put a "rumor" tag on it and have no responsibility for it.

As for the retiring in a few years... well that can be said about most talent. What is a, "few years"? 3 years? 8 years? 10 years?

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
21,347 Posts
I don't really give a single fuck about Del Rio. I don't mind some of his matches, even though outside of that he bores me. But he doesn't really leave that much of a void on the show IMO.

Punk retiring soon sucks but doesn't surprise me, he's been pretty banged up for awhile now. Not worried about his would-be WM main event, it would be nice but plenty of great wrestlers never did it and it was no big deal. Just hope when his last match comes along, he can go out in style. Would be cool if he could just go part time and stick around a lot longer though.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
lol "rumors" and reports with no named source... translated, I can make anything up I want and put a "rumor" tag on it and have no responsibility for it.

As for the retiring in a few years... well that can be said about most talent. What is a, "few years"? 3 years? 8 years? 10 years?
well Punk himself said numerous times 2015 he plans to retire, Del Rio has mentioned he won't there for long and in 2010 said in 5 years he is done (meaning 2015).

and in the actual PWInsider podcast Mike Johnson actually mentioned the two are looking at 2014 or 2015 as their swan song.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
So he shit his pants?
Reminds me of when the Rock called him "BM Punk"... for bowel movement lol. Hope he gets better, but it looks like his body is giving out pretty fast, sad thing for sure. Can't blame ADR for considering retirement too, I can't picture the guy having fun - he's been the WHC so many times yet they still won't just let him cut a promo that is unscripted.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.