Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- The original plan for TNA’s No Surrender pay-per-view was to hold an elimination match with Fortune vs. EV 2.0. The match will instead take place on the September 2nd episode of iMPACT. The decision was made to have the match on iMPACT because The Sandman did not appear at TV this week and the feeling is that TNA is running short on EV 2.0 wrestlers. They were so short on talent for the group this week at the tapings, they put Brian Kendrick with them on Tuesday night.

Here’s what looks to be the final card for No Surrender:

TNA World Title Tournament Semi-Final
Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle

TNA World Title Tournament Semi-Final
Mr. Anderson vs. The Pope

I Quit Match for the TNA TV Title
Tommy Dreamer vs. AJ Styles

TNA X Division Title Match
Sabu vs. Douglas Williams

TNA Tag Team Title Match
Magnus & Desmond Wolfe vs. The Motor City Machineguns

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Rhino vs. Abyss

Handicap Match
Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting and Kevin Nash

Velvet Sky & Angelina Love vs. Madison Rayne & Mystery Woman

Wrestling Observer
Not a bad card.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
So far the build has be shite, but that's typical for TNA PPVs. 2 weeks to build something, but in 2 weeks I doubt that I can actually get that much more emotionally invested in many of these feuds.

Also Dreamer vs. Styles I QUITT??? HARDCORE SPOTZ!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far the build has be shite, but that's typical for TNA PPVs. 2 weeks to build something, but in 2 weeks I doubt that I can actually get that much more emotionally invested in many of these feuds.

Dreamer puts the hardcore and AJ the Spots of doom :D

And TNA doesnt care about NS, their main focus is BFG, thats why the build-up for NS has been weak.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
:lmao Jarrett vs. Sting/Nash in a handicap match? How does that make sense?

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
But it should be a one-on-one match with I guess Sting since that's the better match up and have Nash interfere. Or Joe since they're building that one up too. This just screams Joe will come out to help Jarrett beat the odds only to turn on him for no reason.

Plus, since Hogan and co. make matches, why would they stick Jarrett at disadvantage? Unless in the end it's going to be Sting, Nash, Hogan & Bischoff all joining forces, which makes even less sense then Joe turning. So that is what's going to happen.

·
Registered
260 Posts

i'm serioulsy starting to think that this is the maximum attention span for guys like russo, hogan and bischoff.
think about it: they tape 2 weeks of programming in 2 days. by the time the next taping cycle comes, they've already forgotten what they did 2 weeks before and just start with something different.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But it should be a one-on-one match with I guess Sting since that's the better match up and have Nash interfere. Or Joe since they're building that one up too. This just screams Joe will come out to help Jarrett beat the odds only to turn on him for no reason.
Sting/Jarrett AGAIN? Viewers will think that Sting will beat up JJ in seconds like the last time.., no need for another bait-and switch with the same guys. Yeah a Joe-run in is expected and will turn on Jarrett.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
8 matches? That's a bit much, especially considering that all of them look like they deserve to get a decent amount of time, save for the KO match and Jarret/Sting & Nash, (which really should be on Impact, but I'm glad it's not.)

·
Registered
486 Posts
It'll most likely be Sting vs. Jarrett w/ Nash in his corner

I'm thinking that Joe should be in Jarrett's corner to make things more interesting. As for the winner, I'm thinkin Jarrett should take this one after what happened on 9/2.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,965 Posts
Are they really putting a semi-final match in a PPV main event??? Talk about anti-climax. Why condition fans not to care about a show that you want them to pay for?

Oh well, at least I get my all-time dream match - Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting and Kevin Nash - 15 years in the making. Where's my bank card?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
8 matches? That's a bit much, especially considering that all of them look like they deserve to get a decent amount of time, save for the KO match and Jarret/Sting & Nash, (which really should be on Impact, but I'm glad it's not.)
Hardcore Justice only had 7 but filled it in with shit.
Other than a few matches, this looks like a TNA vs ECW PPV.

·
Registered
452 Posts
How I would book it...

Open with Williams / Sabu. Williams is a perfect X-Division champ, but EV2 needs to win at least one of their matches. When Sabu is on the verge of winning, Williams should get himself disqualified. At the end, make sure Sabu stands tall. This is probably the best way to go about this. Williams should drop his belt to Lethal, though, before Bound for Glory. OR A RETURNING DANIELS =D? ....a man can dream.

Next, the "Biker Chick" and Rayne vs. The Reunited Beautiful People. In this instance, the heels should go over. I can see this becoming a 4-Way match at Bound for Glory, so maybe after the match Velvet should turn on Love, the "Biker Chick" on Rayne, or hell, both. They'd both make sense to me.

Motor City Machineguns defeat Wolfe and Magnus in a good tag team match to defend their titles. I am predicting we see either these two teams, Inc Ink and Generation Me in a 4-Way for the gold at BFG, or we see Team 3D against the Guns for the gold.

Rhino and Abyss in a Falls Count Anywhere can be really fun. As much as I want Rhino to go over, I understand Abyss will and has to go over, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rhino is done after this match. However, I can see Abyss just going over normally, and before he can use Janice on Rhino after the match, Kendrick and Richards save him.

Jarrett vs. Nash and Sting? 5 minutes in Samoa Joe comes out and destroys Nash and Sting. Easy. This will lead to a tag match (and a swerve) at Bound for Glory.

Here I would have Anderson vs. The Pope. I would do a cool, clean match between the two. Not sure who to have go over... I'd prefer Anderson, but Pope is more likely... unless Anderson turns heel... Pope might turn heel too... be back to this.

Now Styles/Dreamer I Quit for TV Title. This is a booking issue to me. Styles can't look weak, but Dreamer wouldn't quit. Not amidst this angle. Someone said something about Beaulah getting involved and Tommy quitting. That would suck, but at least make sense... might be best that in SOME UNDERHANDED WEASELY WAY Styles beats Dreamer, than Kaz and Styles beat down on Dreamer. Raven, who was on the fence about helping Dreamer, comes to his save and shakes his hand. Then Flair leads out the rest of Fortune: Beer Money, Williams and Morgan. Those seven guys beat down on Raven and Dreamer, until Foley brings out Sabu, Team 3D and Richards (Rhino is too hurt from earlier, and Kendrick doesn't need long term involvement). We have an all out brawl, EV2 stands tall at the end. This will lead to the Lethal Lockdown at BFG which Fortune will win.

Main event: Angle vs. Hardy. Obviously I'd put Angle over, but where does that leave us for BFG? Angle / Pope, Anderson / Pope, Anderson / Angle... all of these are matches that would make sense at the big show... Maybe have two inconclusive finishes and make it a 4-way at BFG? I am not sure. A lot of it also depends on if Abyss is going to face Hardy or RVD...

I predict we get...
Anderson/Hardy
RVD/Abyss
and Angle/Pope for the title

Angle will turn heel and win the gold at BFG.

Even though Angle/Pope isn't that marketable...

So I guess have Angle and Pope win their respective matches, and at some point Anderson should turn heel on Hardy. Maybe he is with "they" and there for helps Abyss in a match with Hardy, then RVD returns and evens the odds, leading up to their two respective matches? I am just freeballing =P.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts