Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Would be sorta scummy to have Salazar drop his mask and then release him. Maybe he asked for his release - he was basically squashed his whole tenure so far.

No big losses really - Jiro was forgettable and I don't believe Sonny Elliot ever even wrestled on television.

It's weird that they remove guys, change Bo Rotundo to Bo Dallas but can't change Harris to Bray Wyatt. I just figure they're waiting for the NXT relaunch for a new site altogether.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would be sorta scummy to have Salazar drop his mask and then release him. Maybe he asked for his release - he was basically squashed his whole tenure so far.

No big losses really - Jiro was forgettable and I don't believe Sonny Elliot ever even wrestled on television.

It's weird that they remove guys, change Bo Rotundo to Bo Dallas but can't change Harris to Bray Wyatt. I just figure they're waiting for the NXT relaunch for a new site altogether.
I don't think any of them are a loss including Eli Cottonwood, i never rated Salazar. I think they are just making room for the new talent they have been signing.

Can you see anyone else being released soon from FCW?

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
That's disappointing. Salazar seemed like he had a pretty cool gimmick before signing but they didn't ever really let him run with it and instead gave him a character that didn't make any sense. I never saw Elliot wrestle but his mullet was badass, and an Australian 'bogan' gimmick could have been pretty unique. Hopefully they aren't replaced with generic guys.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't understand the release of Salazar. He is only 22-23 years old. 6.3 tall. He could of been the better version of Alberto Del Rio in the future. Had good in ring skills. Also has he wrestled in FCW unmasked? Seems bad for WWE to unmask him and release. He had a good look.

Also i think the next guy from FCW who is going to be released, is Sakomoto. He was squashed by A-Train this Monday. It means he is done pretty much, and him and Jiro were from the same promotion in Japan.

·
Banned
990 Posts
"Hey we're going to release you masked wrestler"

"buttttt, we're going to make you take off the mask you've wrestled with your entire life, hope that's cool"

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I think Abraham Washington is probably not answering his calls right now as well.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I don't think Sonny Elliott was on camera. But considering the fact that they gave him an Australian gimmick, it's probably for the best. It would have been used to get cheap heat and not much else.

Jiro and Benicio Salazar were both OK, but nothing special. I couldn't really see them on the main roster or as a mainstay on NXT.

With FCW/NXT merging, I expect cuts from both rosters. There's more talent than spaces for. Jiro actually worked the FCW/NXT tapings, so I'd guess if that show ever airs, they'll cut out that match.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't remember seeing Sonny Elliot on TV either. He was at the house show I was at on Friday, only as part of the pre-card "dance off". Australia got mentioned two or three times when he was introduced, and his look - what a look to be burdened with.

Regarding FCW/NXT as a whole, when the smoke clears from this limbo period I hope things are fixed. Since 1950, what has been needed to make a wrestling promotion successful - yup, TV. FCW isn't even broadcast into some of the markets where they have live shows, so apart from Internet diehards who search youtube, no one in the audience knows who any of the wrestlers ARE. Why hasn't FCW been broadcast legitimately on the Internet all these years? Add that to the fact that a nice little entertaining show like NXT was stripped of its identity and life and it starts to make you think that these people really don't know what they're doing.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Why is Husky Harris still on the roster?

For fucks sake he had 2 gimmick/name changes (Alex Mulligan and Bray Wyatt)
That's what developmental is for.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
None of the four were going anywhere anytime soon (or ever), so this seems like an reasonable decision.

Benicio maybe had a chance of going to main roster but that would be years away from now. If he gets better they could always rehire him.
Seems like a dick move that they unmasked him before his release.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts