Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back when Chyna was the women's champion one of the main problems (in my opinion) with her title run was the only person who was competition for her at the time was Lita. Lets say Chyna returned to the WWE and the women's title was still around and she won it, would the WWE Divas of today be more of a competition to her? In my opinion I think Natalya, possibly Gail Kim, Michelle and possibly Melina would give Chyna a run for her money. I'm not saying these divas are 100% equal to the strength of chyna when she was on the top of her game, but I think some of the WWE Divas of today would be more of a competition to Chyna compared to the WWE divas back then. I would of loved to see Trish VS Chyna after Trish got better in the ring and could perform great matches. Maybe they should of had Jazz debut early and had her win the title from Chyna so the title could be around for the invasion.

but back to my original question what do you guys think? would some of the divas of today be a good challenge to Chyna if she was around and had the Women's title again?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Yeah, I definitely think so. Beth Phoenix and Natalya are the first two women that automatically come to mind. Back then there was better talent for Chyna, but no one really like Beth to face Chyna.

·
Registered
409 Posts
but back to my original question what do you guys think? would some of the divas of today be a good challenge to Chyna if she was around and had the Women's title again?

Chyna had already passed the Woman's division. She was fighting competitively against men.

She was IC champ and got wins over Billy Gunn, Chris Jericho, and Jeff Jarrett.

For her to go back to fighting Divas would be a step down.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah it would be a step down but this is a hypothetical question. Beth Phoenix is an obvious choice for sure, I didn't mention her because she is on all of our minds to face Chyna. I definitely think those two would perform a good match if chyna was as strong as she was back then.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
The thing with Chyna is that she was wrestling men, winning men championships. Her wrestling pretty much ANY woman just looked rediculous because you knew what she was really capable of. Beth is probably the only woman I can think of that can match her. I would say Natalya, but I think the stregnth thiing will be the main issue with Chyna.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Chyna was really pushed as a monster diva, being considered the 9th wonder of the world. Having victories over Mark Henry, Chris Jericho and the Rock (I think), being the only female in the Royal Rumble, being a former Intercontinental Champion which was unheard of at the time cause it was a man's title.

Anywho if Chyna did come back now which I would hate cause she is fragile and nothing compared to what she was, theoretically speaking I would like to see a match with Chyna in her prime taking on Awesome Kong.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beth would be the obvious choice now and perhaps Natalya and Gail. But even back when Chyna was holding the women's title there were really good female wrestlers to feud with her for it, Lita, Jacqueline, and Ivory to name a few. I think the problem was Chyna wasn't happy having to wrestle with the women at the time. She seemed to see it as a demotion of sorts. So I can't imagine her being thrilled to feud with some of the current divas. But if she did come back and was up for it I think they could create some good feuds for her with a few of the current divas. It might be a nice way to revive the divas division.

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
Chyna was really pushed as a monster diva, being considered the 9th wonder of the world. Having victories over Mark Henry, Chris Jericho and the Rock (I think), being the only female in the Royal Rumble, being a former Intercontinental Champion which was unheard of at the time cause it was a man's title.

Anywho if Chyna did come back now which I would hate cause she is fragile and nothing compared to what she was, theoretically speaking I would like to see a match with Chyna in her prime taking on Awesome Kong.
she pinned Trips at one point aswell

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I definitely don't see chyna coming back to the WWE anytime soon or forever, but if something like that did happen I don't think her having a diva storyline is as useless as it was back in 2000/2001 because as we can see, there is more competition for her. But if she did come back I can see the WWE putting her in more male storylines like before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts