Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Anti-Hero
11,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Impressed by Brodus Clay's performance against Christian. I think if the company books him right he could be a great Monster Heel. Agree? Disagree?

· Registered
57 Posts
I completely agree. He did great.

· Registered
132 Posts
I hope they book him good and not let him jus sit backstage.

· Registered
10,918 Posts
Disagree. This guy blows.

Also must WWE market everyone as a pretty boy now? A 6 foot 5 monster.....with spiky hair. Everyone thing is too clean cut about him to be even taken seriously.

Also the guy's a fat slob.

Wrestling is in a bad state already, don't make it worse.

· Registered
5,361 Posts
I'm a big fan of Brodus and was glad to see that he was on the show tonight. A lot of people talk about his look but it's refreshing to have a big dude like that on the roster to vary things up a little bit. Not everybody needs to be chiseled and have GQ looks to get over. He's a good worker that plays his gimmick to perfection and a good talker as well so the sky's the limit.

· Registered
117 Posts
I never saw NXT but I like him. Yes, maybe the spiked mohawk is a little much but he seems to be able to go in the ring for a big guy and as long as he gets a chance to work his way up and not get pushed straight to the main event he could turn out to be a decent midcarder.

· Anti-Hero
11,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, there is the possibility that the company could let him waste away on superstars or jobbing on raw and smackdown. Or they could work with this guy and turn him into the next King Kong Bundy. I have always liked talent who are different and Clay has a great look.

· #EMMAtained
5,839 Posts
He has potential, but I don't think he's ready yet. He has an impressive heel look no doubt, but the guy is SLOW in the ring. I know he's big so that comes with the territory, but he was really slow and got visibly tired pretty easily. He needs more cardio work and to work on his quickness in the ring. Then bring him back when he's ready, don't rush it because he could be a good heel for years to come and you don't wanna waste all of that early on if he has a few bad performances. His actual ringwork wasn't bad, just the pace he was moving around the ring.

· The Sundance Kid
47,276 Posts
If you haven't watched him on NXT or in FCW then your comments are pretty worthless.

Watch the last few minutes of the final episode of NXT4, and watch the promo Brodus cut. This guy is good in the ring and good on the mic. He has what it takes.

· Zombo
12,624 Posts
He's got potential, definitely. His NXT elimination promo was inspiring, and he seemed very comfortable on the mic throughout the season. I thought Christian AND the announcers did a great job of putting him over during the match - something I expected from Christian, but not so much Cole. It was refreshing to hear ALL of the announcers sell someone's in-ring work / size once again.

· Banned
176 Posts
The guy is decent in the ring and FUCKIN AWESOME on the mic,if you haven't watched NXT check out his promos.IMO he's one of the best talkers in the company.And he's a 350 pounder throwing head and arm suplexes,fuck yeah.

· Registered
4,924 Posts
Del Rio is in the middle of a mega push. If Brodus Clay didn't have big time potential, they wouldn't force him on Del Rio. Clay has some growing to do, but he's already damn good on the mic and okay in the ring. And he knows how to get heat. If they take it slow and let him grow over time, he could be a top heel by 2013.

· Registered
418 Posts
If he was at his G-Rilla level "talent", I would have said that he could be legitimately worse than a 5 foot 10 guy with Khali's moveset, and the mic work of a face Sid Justice.

Now, eh. You can limit what he does in his appearances, but more exposure's good for the guy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.