Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/How_Might_Brie_Bella_Get_Her_Job_Back_with_WWE_Average_RAW_and_SmackDown_Ratings.html

It was noted before Vince McMahon was having some second thoughts about several of the newer WWE characters, including Adam Rose.

Rose's match with Damien Sandow at WWE Money In the Bank was considered his "PPV chance" and the crowd not getting behind the match has made things worse for Rose with Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn.

Rose made a brief appearance on RAW in a backstage segment with Santino Marella but did not wrestle on this week's RAW, Main Event, Superstars or SmackDown.

Source: F4Wonline.com
this guy going to be stuck doing comedy segments for the rest of his career if they don't repackage him

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
This was so fucking obvious it was going to happen. These stupid gimmicks have a short shelf-life because they're incredibly one dimensional. He should have stuck to the Leo Kruger gimmick and learned how to play it effectively rather than jumping to something that would have an initial reaction with the crowd and then just fall flat. FANDANGO RING ANY BELLS?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
So what the hell is Vince doing with the man that jobbed to Adam? The one who could be making him MONEY?

I mean, I still think Fandango could have worked if WWE didn't fuck him over after the concussion. Fandango was in actual serious situations, and doing his character to the best of his ability, but then they just stopped it.

Also, the fact that they changed up a gimmick on NXT and had it play for only a short while on NXT then debut it, was probably a bad choice too. Vince probably still thinking the NXT "over" will be the main roster "over". The only person that will translate quickly is Sami Zayn.

·
NO PAIN!
5,277 Posts
Wait, so a 6 minute match with Sandow is supposedly giving someone a shot? Are they serious? I don't like Adam Rose at all, but I HATE how WWE has this habit of just setting dudes up to fail. Fandango getting a 10 minute match at Mania vs Chris Jericho, now THAT is an actual chance, one that he failed at miserably. Sandow deserves better, when he finally got his shot to prove himself against Cena on Raw, he actually had a hell of a match and the crowd was totally into it.....and then they did nothing with it. That's setting someone up to fail. Giving Adam Rose 6 minutes against a totally buried Sandow is not a chance. It's pretty much, if WWE likes you, you get all the chances in the world. If they DONT like you, you might get a chance, you might not, but either way if you actually do well when given a chance they bury you anyway. Ugh.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
My problem is that Everytime I saw Adam Rose in a segment I wanted to see him get his face punched in. He wasn't a baby face to me. Character is supremely annoying with his free love, hippy dippy nonsense. It's one dimensional, no depth and the definition of no substance which means no sustainability.

And I agree...PUSH SANDOW!!!

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
Is Vince retarded or something?

Seriously, they have done absolutely nothing with him. They've barely given him a relevant storyline, he's been facing people that no one cares about, and he has a gimmick that is really hard to get behind because it's so unbelievably stupid. So when you give him a random match on PPV with Sandow, a guy no body cares about, this is bound to happen.

Pretty much all of the new talent that have come to the main roster have been handled horribly. Emma, Paige, Rose, so far Bo Dallas is the only one who has been able to give himself somewhat of a following and make himself relevant, and that's only because he has a great gimmick that he plays really well.

·
Rollin' under the melody, Rockin' over the beat
1,463 Posts
Adam Rose hasn't done anything worthwhile since debuting so it's no surprise that the crowd isn't behind him. It's seems like they expect the crowd to care about him just because he debuted recently.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Vince is turning senile. Seriously, this report can't be true. How did he expect throwing Rose into a random match with Sandow would get him over?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Rose got 'Dunn'd'.

made things worse for Rose with Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn.
"Vince I knew we shouldn't have taken Paul's advice; let's just take this f*ggot off TV"

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
bad news for rose but good news for REAL wrestling fans. get this cornball goofy shit off the t.v. already!

Reactions: laicho

·
Registered
12 Posts
My problem is that Everytime I saw Adam Rose in a segment I wanted to see him get his face punched in. He wasn't a baby face to me. Character is supremely annoying with his free love, hippy dippy nonsense. It's one dimensional, no depth and the definition of no substance which means no sustainability.

And I agree...PUSH SANDOW!!!
If anything the Adam Rose gimmick was meant to be heel not face. Not taking things seriously, thumbing his nose against tradition, upsetting veterans with his partying attitude would have worked better. As a face it doesn't work past the third or fourth week.

·
Registered
16,455 Posts
Shame Adam Rose i a good wrestler.

I'd say they would probably re-package him, you gotta be careful how you repackage someone though, the smarky WWE audience will let you know who they were before.

·
Midcard Minivan
6,678 Posts
Wait, so a 6 minute match with Sandow is supposedly giving someone a shot?
While I'm not a supporter of Adam Rose, at all, I did find this a bit retarded. It's like when the reports came out of them not being high on Paige, when THEY fed her no storylines and gave her like 3 minutes a week to wrestle :lmao

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
The wwe main roster bookers don't understand the Adam Rose gimmick - he's Aldous Snow/Russell Brand, not the one dimensional life of the party crap they're putting him out there as now.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts