Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So every year on Halloween I try and do a just for fun GOAT list.

Obviously these are my opinions.

So for Halloween this year here. The GOAT masked men in wrestling history.

1. El Santo

2. Mil Mascaras

3. Rey Mysterio Jr

4. Blue Demon

5. Tiger Mask

6. The Super Intelligent Destroyer

7. Jushin Thunder Liger

8. Mr Wrestling 2

9. Kane

10. Mr Wrestling

11. The Masked Superstar

12. The Great Sasuke

13. Vader

14. Dos Caras

15. The Spoiler

17. El Canek

18. La Parka

19. Dr Wagner Jr

20. Reyo De Jalisco

21. El Solitario

22. Mankind

23. Fishman

24. Tinieblas

25. Mistico

26. Ultimo Dragon

27. El Medico Asesino

28. Pierroth Jr.

29. El Hijo Del Santo

30. Mr Olympia

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Excellent List -

Possibly these guys as honorable mentions as a team or even just the original Assassin.

I could possibly see the Patriot somewhere but not sure who I would swap out thou.

·
Manic Pixie Dream Girl
5,021 Posts
Santo is the Platonic ideal of a masked wrestler. It takes a man of superlative quality to conquer El Espectro del Estrangulador.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hugely contraversial name but Invader I had a very impressive career and good worker, his name will always be in the toilet mind

·
Likes wrestling....
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hugely contraversial name but Invader I had a very impressive career and good worker, his name will always be in the toilet mind
You are right.

I think he could be on here for sure. @Piehound is right with The Assassins, especially Hamilton.

The Super Destroyer Scott Irwin, The Patriot, The Original Zebra Kid, Masked Marvel, Grappler could all be HM's if not in the list.

·
Do they have Krusty's Partially Gelatinated, Non-D
2,662 Posts
Let’s give a shoutout to The Destroyer.

Internationally renowned wrestler, who worked on top in Japan, Canada, Los Angeles and the AWA.

Famous for his work with Giant Baba and a match vs Rikidozan which was watched by 70 million people on tv

·
Registered
365 Posts
I like this list. Later, I might try to put more thought into it. Initially, my thoughts are three groups.

1. Lucha Libre style, where it is a culture. I know the top names, but could learn much more.

2. Masked men such as The Masked Superstar, Mr. Wrestling II, Super Intelligent Destroyer.

3. Masks like Kane, Vader.

Watching the territories, I know more of the second group. Interested in watching more of the first group. I'm not as into the third group, but absolutely understand why they are so popular. In groups two and three, masks can make great villains.

@ BL I always enjoy your list. I'd be interested, if you haven't already done so, seeing what your ranking on "face paint" wrestlers.

Missing Link, Sting, Road Warriors, Ultimate Warrior.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
@ BL I always enjoy your list. I'd be interested, if you haven't already done so, seeing what your ranking on "face paint" wrestlers.

Missing Link, Sting, Road Warriors, Ultimate Warrior.
Yeah - that could be kinda fun as well.

Kabuki, Muta, Auska, Demolition, Kamala, etc

·
Likes wrestling....
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let’s give a shoutout to The Destroyer.

Internationally renowned wrestler, who worked on top in Japan, Canada, Los Angeles and the AWA.

Famous for his work with Giant Baba and a match vs Rikidozan which was watched by 70 million people on tv
You do know he's at #6 right?

·
Likes wrestling....
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I had a do-over I probably would take out Stubbs and add Hamilton

1 - 20 of 20 Posts