Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think the money in the bank has become a problem? Being able to come in after a match is over and pin someone is bs to me. It cheapens the title. When Edge did it, it was shocking and it worked. BUT, I think a rule should be made that you have to formally challenge someone for match at least that day or something. I know some people think it's exciting that Miz can come and challenge at "any time" but it's stupid and becomes a cheap win. Not to mention it makes the challenger look like a weak champ if he wins because he can't defeat the guy full strength. Miz just said in an interview that he will cash in when Randy Orton is "half dead"!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Nah, it gives a little excitement.
Hypens you up when you know someone can challenge for such a top tier Championship at any given moment.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
I agree with OP it was surprising the first time but now we know what to expect and we're just waiting for it. MITB being just a regular title shot should be reward enough anyway

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Well besides RVD and Kane, the ones who have chosen to cash in the briefcase has basically been booked like a weak champion, so I agree. Though, the concept is not dead yet, it still works.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yh its been overkilled to be honest the first two times edge did it was shocking and even punk ones were awesome but its gotten a bit predictable as every person who has cashed in has won it. Thats why i hope miz waits a bit longer like edge did in his 1st go to a point where alot of people forget and he does it at the most unexpected moment. Also it dosen't help having 2 money in the bank matches plus the one at wrestlemania should only be 1 holder during the entire year.

·
Sax Legend of Sax Legend on YouTube
1,254 Posts
Miz just said in an interview that he will cash in when Randy Orton is "half dead"!
why would he do that. then he would have to face him in a rematch where orton is at 100%

yeah I always thought they should have only done money in the bank the one time, at wrestlemania 21. then at new years revolution 06 when edge cashed in on cena and won, that should have been it

·
Registered
649 Posts
I agree with OP it was surprising the first time but now we know what to expect and we're just waiting for it. MITB being just a regular title shot should be reward enough anyway
You still don't know when it will happen though

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well as long as it's unpredictable when it'll be cashed in a certain PPV event it's still ok. First time I've seen the crowd cheer for Miz when he almost pinned Sheamus for almost cashing it in.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
No its fine.

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
They ruined the credibility and excitement of Money in the Bank.

The first three Money in the Bank winners were a success. Edge was built properly (not to mention he was a 11 year old veteran) and when he cashed in for the WWE Championship, he was completely ready. RVD cashed his contract in a proper match and everyone wanted the guy to win and when he won it was great. Another guy that had payed his dues. Sadly RVD screwed RVD. The third winner was Mr.Kennedy and luckily for us he got injured and Edge took the briefcase. Edge cashed in on Taker in a time where WWE was floated with injuries at the time.

Since then Money in the Bank has been quite horrible. CM Punk won the briefcase and although it was a good thing, WWE failed to build Punk into a proper main eventer. Punk gets a second chance and this time it proved to be better since it lead to Punk's heel turn. The last winner (before it became its own PPV) was Jack Swagger. Jack Swagger was a jobber at the time. He cashed in immediately after Wrestlemania and it lead to a lot of bashing by the IWC. However, Swagger quickly gained credibility by having Swagger get wins over the likes of Edge, Jericho, Orton along with weekly wins on Smackdown. Sadly they dropped his push and his Money in the Bank cash in was wasted.

Now Money in the Bank has its own PPV and once again WWE is fixing something that isn't broken. Same thing they are doing with the Hell in Cell matches.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
The only problem with Money in the Bank is, just like with Hell in a Cell, the creation of the PPV. Ruined the concept entirely.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The only problem with Money in the Bank is, just like with Hell in a Cell, the creation of the PPV. Ruined the concept entirely.
I wouldn't say that's the only problem (I think their choice of competitors has been an issue... guys like Ric Flair, Kane, Big Show, and Mark Henry have no business being in the match), but I agree that this was a major deathblow to the novelty of Money in the Bank. It was a special thing that they had, once a year, for Wrestlemania. It was an awesome concept, it was something everyone could look forward to (a WWE Championship match, probably an Undertaker match, and a Money in the Bank match), and a way to showcase lighter, agile, faster guys with some fun spots.

Then there were three this year. They're going to run out of spots, it's going to get old, there's too many briefcases, etc. The PPV definitely killed it.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I'm gonna agree with it being a fucking PPV.

So stupid. It takes value from having it once-a-year at Wrestlemania.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts