Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember that PPV on July 17th fondly. So many things went right: the crowd, the MITB matches, the chemistry and the surprising events that happened.

I mean the MITB matches were good. RAW's was predictable with Del Rio winning but no one expected Sin Cara getting brutalized by Sheamus or even Daniel Bryan winning the briefcase. Everything about it was great and the ending just made me smile. As I went to sleep after the PPV I was buzzing and thought.........maybe the WWE are actually listening to us.

MITB 2011 was the best PPV of 2011 so far but was it the greatest since the end of the AE around 2002/03?

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
The crowd made the Pay-Per-View. Without their reactions throughout the entire night, the event would have been above average at best. The crowd was the MVP of the show.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I'd say it's my favorite but Backlash 2007 rivals it a little. Everything about MITB was just fucking awesome though.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Not even close, not even top 20:
SS 2002
No Mercy 2002
SVS 2002
WM18
WM19
WM22
Vengeance 2002
Vengeance 2005
Unforgiven 2006
ONS 2005
ONS 2006
etc, etc.

MITB was good for today's standards, after a lot of terrible shows, nothing more.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It felt like everything in that PPV had clicked. Now, best PPV since Attitude? Let's not go that far. I think like the last top to bottom PPV was Backlash 2007. It felt like people have gotten their monies worth that night during MITB.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
HELL NO.

We was just being treated with poor after poor after poor Pay-Per-Views in recent memory which make this one easily stand out. Like someone said the MVP of the show was the Chicago crowd. This PPV rivaled this years Royal Rumble in my opinion.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Best one in terms of results and fan reactions. I'd go as far to say its the best non-Big 4 PPV I've seen.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
HELL NO.

We was just being treated with poor after poor after poor Pay-Per-Views in recent memory which make this one easily stand out. Like someone said the MVP of the show was the Chicago crowd. This PPV rivaled this years Royal Rumble in my opinion.
Miz/Orton took that show from being good to poor for me. Seriously it felt like a 40 minute match. :( I really liked Ziggler/Edge and the Rumble match though.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
No, and there is way too many to list which are better.

Imo WM 19 was the best PPV of all time and that wasn't in the attitude era.

No Mercy 2002 was probably the best non big 4 PPV of all time and there are various others in 2002 which are better.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Nope, it was great but many more were way better including wm 19, vengeance 2002, summerslam 2002, mania 23 and 24, backlash 2007, and that's off the top of my head,

Amazing crowd though; they made the show

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
Not the best PPV since the Attitude Era. Maybe my favourite, but it's completely a one match show, with the added benefit of seeing Christian win the world title along with Punk. They concentrated on one match and they did that match really well, and the crowd was great, but if that wasn't on there, it would've been a huge failure.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
It has an unfair advantage because it had so few matches and they all ended up being decent to great.
Plush Punk/cena/vince/shoot angle was good.
How is that unfair? :side:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts