Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never looked at it that way. Even if you're being generous you can stretch it to roughly 9 good years and 11 bad ones. That's depressing, I used to be HYPED for new episode. I'm afraid some 10-15 years in the future RAW wil be looked upon as a shit show all together that had glipses of good stuff.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Fuck that Attitude Era was perfect every week omgIloveRock Austin316 hellyeah #Oh YouDidntKnow?

Yeah it was ass far more than it was awesome, that's for sure.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Idk about more years than good. Although its getting there... I'd say atm we've had 60 percent more good and 40 percent more bad raws over the years. However by around 2017 if the product is still same the trash I'd say we had more bad then good lol.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Interesting. I do think that out of all the shows/things I am a fan off, WWE's ratio of good to bad episodes is way worse than all the others.

However, it's heights, and the year-long payoffs have more been worth it. Plus, due to the weekly nature of the show, I'm inclined to give it much more leniency.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
Raw's always sucked for the most part. Even the Attitude Era was MOSTLY bad but it stands out as good because the 10% that was good was amazing and so much better than the good of today, and since everything revolves around your main event picture, and it was good, we get the idea that it was good, but it wasn't. Anything that doesn't involve the top guys or the tag division just doesn't hold up, watching bad Russo-esque shit like Boss Man cooking Al Snow's dog is not good tv.

I don't think you can go back to any year and find that it was consistently good from top to bottom, and I don't mean 100% good, but a majority of good that stretches from the top of the card to the bottom. Everything always revolves around the top and the rest sucks.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fuck that Attitude Era was perfect every week omgIloveRock Austin316 hellyeah #Oh YouDidntKnow?
Sure knew these were comming. I won't let nostalgia could my vision, and I'm not THAT fond of Attitude Era ( I can list few major things wrong with it too). But the quality of the show with all it's problems even the main event talent was WAY better, there's no denying that, but I enjoyed early days of RAW as well as some mid 00's stuff, even 2008. for example.

It doesn't have to be perfect from top to bottom card. But throw in a few good matches, good promos and make it storyline driven (storyline that at least makes sense I should say) and there's your good episode of RAW, which we see less and less nowdays unfortunately I repeat (I'm not a hater) As for the storyline aspect, they had great potential few months back with Corporation but if felt like clusterfuck just few weeks into it. They simply don't know how to capitalize on good ideas anymore, and there's a bunch of good storylines gone horribly wrong in the last 5 years to support that claim.

It pains me to say, but this. So much this:
of all the shows/things I am a fan off, WWE's ratio of good to bad episodes is way worse than all the others.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Bring back RAW IS WAR !

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bring back RAW IS WAR !
No, don't bring back RAW IS WAR. Make current RAW consistent storyline driven show, strong mid-card, actuall feuds over titles, give talent more freedom - let their personalities shine through their characters, don't chikenshit when someone has momentum etc.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
No, don't bring back RAW IS WAR. Make current RAW consistent storyline driven show, strong mid-card, actuall feuds over titles, give talent more freedom - let their personalities shine through their characters, don't chikenshit when someone has momentum etc.
Thats what I meant

·
Registered
813 Posts
I never looked at it that way. Even if you're being generous you can stretch it to roughly 9 good years and 11 bad ones. That's depressing, I used to be HYPED for new episode. I'm afraid some 10-15 years in the future RAW wil be looked upon as a shit show all together that had glipses of good stuff.
What are the years you would consider good?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
97-05 was great, and that's just 9 years. So all it'd take is 1-2 more years from 93-96 or 06-13 for majority of Raw years to be good. Peoples opinions obviously vary on what is and isn't good.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
I have been watching since 1996 and I don't think it has sucked.The Attitude Era was great.Post Attiitude Era,it has always been watchable.The only time that I sucked so bad was during late 2009 and 2010.Even then,it had some good moments.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts