Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
when cactus jacked kicked out of the first pedigree at royal rumble 2000.
I was like "oh shit he is gonna win' boom pedigree to the thumbtacks.

Serious,
but when HHH hit undertaker with the tombstone at Mania.
Really thought it was over.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I agree with the Trips/Taker match. Thought it was gonna be over when Cena AA'd Punk the 2nd time at MITB. Just because of the way Cena's booked sometimes.

·
Dr. Mantis Toboggan
1,127 Posts
HHH Taker tombstone, and most recently when Cena had Punk in the STF. I was freaking out I thought it would've been the biggest slap in the face to the Chicago crowd.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Yeah, I agree about HHH/Taker, that shit was epic.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
When Cena had Punk in the STF and before that when he hit him with like his 2nd or 3rd AA.

HBK kicking out of the Tombstone at WM25

Undertaker kicking out of the chokeslam reversed into the RKO at WM21

recently but not as impactful when Miz kicked out of the Starship Pain on that Raw when he defended the belt against Morrison. No one had ever kciked out of it before to my knowledge so I was shocked as hell and happy cause I thought Morrison had won the title.

·
All Out
2,790 Posts
When Stone Cold had Kurt Angle pinned and had just stunned him (on RAW in January 2001), and it seemed he was about to win the title from Angle, Triple H returned and pulled the referee out of the ring (and beat down Austin to close the show after that). I was totally shocked...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Easy answer.

WrestleMania III, when Hogan buckled at a failed slam attempt on Andre, and Joey Marella counted "3", thus making everyone in the Pontiac Silverdome think Andre pinned Hogan.

To this day, the single greatest, and most memorable "thought it was over" moment in WWF history.

·
Banned
1,054 Posts
Recently, at MITB when Cena had Punk in the submission, second time round. I honestly just thought, "Oh ffs." But he got out! :D

·
Asuka
96,227 Posts
You thought Taker would lose the Streak to his own finishing move? I'll give you that there were several moments in that match where it looked like it was over, but that was too obvious of a kickout spot.

But anyway, this happens to me all the time. After Miz and Truth hit the ring at Night of Champions, there was about 10 close moments where I thought either guy had it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Taker/HHH the Tombstone. Gotta give WWE a credit, nobody believed that Taker could actually lose that match and still they managed to do that with the Tombstone spot.

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
Ultimate Warrior getting hit with the big boot at WM 6

Ultimate Warrior getting hit with FIVE Flying Elbowdrops at WM 7

Bret Hart getting the Perfect Plex at SummerSlam 1991

Yokozuna being in the Sharpshooter at WM 9

Owen Hart being in the Sharpshooter at WM 10

Undertaker getting Jack Knifed at WM 12

The Rock tapping out to the Anklelock at WM 14

Goldberg getting hit with the Diamond Cutter at Havoc '98

Undertaker getting hit with the sledgehammer at WM 17

The Rock getting Stunned the 2nd time at WM 17

Triple H getting hit with the Harlem Hangover at WM 19

Goldberg getting F5'ed at WM 20

Undertaker getting hit with Bob Orton's cast at WM 21

Michaels getting hit with the Super Angle Slam at WM 21

John Cena getting hit with the sledgehammer at WM 22

Hogan getting the RKO at SummerSlam 2006

Undertaker getting hit with the Batista Bomb at WM 23

Triple H getting RKO'ed on a chair at No Mercy 2007

When Triple H got the Seanton Bomb at No Mercy 2008

Miz getting hit with the FU at WM 27

When Orton got Speared at OTL 2010

- Vic

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Since I pretty agree with the ones already posted
I'll throw a new one out there

HBK vs HHH last Raw of 2003
Epic match right and the way it was booked, HBK "won" and the Bischoff came out and reversed the decision

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
HBK vs HHH last Raw of 2003
Epic match right and the way it was booked, HBK "won" and the Bischoff came out and reversed the decision
Yeah that what got me as well.

I remember thinking before the match, this is such a waste of time cause Triple H ain't gonna lose the WHC to Shawn Michaels on RAW, then during the match Shawn Michaels hits Triple H with the superkick and pins him and his music starts playing and I'm like...OMG!!!

Then Eric Bischoff says it was a draw. :side:

Very cruel but a good swerve.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I don't get all these posts about Taker looking like he is going to lose at Wrestlemania the only one i thought for a second he would lose was when Orton reversed the chokeslam into an RKO.

For me it would have to be Cena kicking out of the 1st spear when Edge cashed in on him.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts