Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a huge fan of wrestling stables. It creates lots of possibilities in storytelling and it is a good way to give multiple talents a lot of tv-time. There are many examples of how well stable can work, but Evolution is a prime example in my opinion. It established Triple H as a big heel star, elevated Randy Orton and Batista into stardom and gave good old Rick Flair a good showing as well.

In modern day WWE, I really miss a good stable. The Undisputed Era is doing fine, but I think they might get lost in the shuffle once they enter the main roster. Further, I am still waiting for another good stable to form.
Which stable would you create if you were in charge? Who are the stars to establish themselves? Who are the talents that will get elevated? And which Legend will mentor them?

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
People don't want stables they want mainevent stables.

Nobody remembers DOA or Los Boricuas, Dungeon of Doom, million dollar corporation, truth commission or oddities with any sort of nostalgia in 2019 whereas groups that were the mainevent ie original horsemen, NWO, DX etc are beloved

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all depend on how they tell the story. Stables like DOA, Los Boricuad or more recently League of Nations had a lot more storytelling in them. WWE just screwed up.

What kind of stable would you like to see now? And how would you build them up?

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
There hasn’t been a dominant main event stable that matters since Evolution. I don’t see another one forming any time soon.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
WWE needs not just one but many, with WWE's super over-bulging roster they need at least 4 strong stables and maybe one or two mid card ones too. Just to help expose some of the talent that are not getting TV time. 1997 had some amazing stables for every division. :p

Nobody remembers DOA or Los Boricuas, Dungeon of Doom, million dollar corporation, truth commission or oddities with any sort of nostalgia in 2019 whereas groups that were the mainevent ie original horsemen, NWO, DX etc are beloved
I loved the Million Dollar Corporation, it just sucked they didn't get to be a more main event stable :(

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,550 Posts
Modern Day stables at least in the WWE are always just one comedy jobber heel, with a couple of even bigger comedy jobbers at their side.

Or they're the Super Shield and drag the product down into the toilet while endlessly hogging all the spotlight and never putting anyone over.

·
Registered
443 Posts

...I love jobber stables. Remember that time DOA wrestled Truth Commission in a Survivor Series elimination match and there were like 5 eliminations via sidewalk slam? That's the dumb shit I live for in wrestling.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bray needs followers, or slaves? Bray, Alexa bliss, and have a tag team join them. I have seen the ascension thrown out there, but how about sanity. Then bring in raven or Jake the snake to be creepy mic worker when bray is not around. Honestly they could go with out a manager they all can talk, and could evolve into great stories.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bray needs followers, or slaves? Bray, Alexa bliss, and have a tag team join them. I have seen the ascension thrown out there, but how about sanity. Then bring in raven or Jake the snake to be creepy mic worker when bray is not around. Honestly they could go with out a manager they all can talk, and could evolve into great stories.
At this moment I wouldn’t recommend a stable with Bray as leader at all. His act is still so fragile, it needs to be build up some more first. You don’t want it to turn into a Wyatt Family 2.0. Besides: Bliss is doing fine on her own. She doesn’t need a stable.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Why the hell would Alexa Bliss team up with Bray Wyatt? They're the most ridiculous pairing ever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
WWE needs not just one but many, with WWE's super over-bulging roster they need at least 4 strong stables and maybe one or two mid card ones too. Just to help expose some of the talent that are not getting TV time. 1997 had some amazing stables for every division. :p

I loved the Million Dollar Corporation, it just sucked they didn't get to be a more main event stable :(

They should've had Sid take the belt off Diesel the month after WM. Have Diesel win it back at KOTR or the month after. Diesel's title run was definitely stalled and people weren't buying him running over people every month.

Another failure of 1995. There's only about 3,500 of them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts