Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to think that mobile phones are one of the greatest evils in the world. They are nasty little things, bordering on the symbiotic - they slowly become part of you until neither party can fully cope without the other.

I don't like the idea of people being able to get in touch with me wherever I am. I have my phone on in case of some emergency or something, but I always managed before without giving it a second thought. Contrastly, I rather like the idea of being able to get hold of others any time I want them, even down to getting annoyed when they don't answer they're mobiles. I'm well aware that that's hypocritical in the extreme, but that's what mobiles do to people.

Text messaging is another repellent aspect that mobile phones have brought with them. Such flippancy as you will find in your average text is rarely found elsewhere. They are incredibly impersonal, more so than even an email, and infinitely more so than a letter.

I think the real problem is that I love and hate mobiles, my mobile, in equal measures. Perhaps that's what I can't deal with.

(Yes, I am waiting for a friend to call. I'm supposed to be picking him up from the station, but he hasn't said when yet. And yes, he should be answering his phone. The swine.)

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
I only dislike my phone because my bettery is screwed up, but i'm buying a new one this month. I do like it that people can reach everywhere and I think the text messaging is pretty cool, except for the impersonal part of it.

N

·
0 Posts
I was thinking of pissing my sister off by messaging her on her phone many times. It costs like $.10 or $.15 so it'd piss her off.

But cell phones are cool with me. If you have a caller ID just ignore the call if you want...

·
BTB Hall of Famer
11,532 Posts
Well I find mobile phone very annoying. I have one myself, but only in case I miss the buss or something like that. I don't have it on, and I don't phone or text anyone. I don't like the fact that people can phone me where ever I am. I also don't understand why you need picture messaging, radios and video recording on a mobile phone. Nor do I understand the reason as to why they are so small.

A-Dust

B

·
0 Posts
Text messaging is for losers. You have the fucking phone in your hand, so call whatever bitch you are texting.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I have one and yes the Caller ID/Off Button is a major factor as I get pissed off when every damn MOFO finds out your cellphone number and call you when they want. I only use it if it is needed.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
BabyBoy said in post #5 :
Text messaging is for losers. You have the fucking phone in your hand, so call whatever bitch you are texting.
Exactly, that is why I don't use Text messaging on my phone.

I like mobile phones and I have no problem with them.

I have a picture phone(I don't know why I have a picture phone because its not like I take pictures but it does look cool so I bought it).

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
I like the new phone I just got today. It's not a cell phone. Just a cordless. But it's waterproof. That's right. Now I can do perverted things such as talk to my friends while I'm naked having a bath, fiddling with myself. Mmmmmmm.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I have had 3 phones, the first 2 the batteries died in like 6 months. Which sucked. Now I have a new Nokia I got a few months ago, well not so new now I guess. It's pretty cool, color screen etc. But I only take it places when I go out etc. I never take it to school, cas it's pointless and it will probably get stolen.
I only take it with me when I go out. So I'm not attatched to mine like a lot of people are.
The thing that gets me is the stupid little picture phones. What the hell? I mean come on, instead of paying 700 dollars for a camera phone, you could buy a standard mobile, a good one... then buy a good quality digital camera. It's just stupid. I know poeple love the novelty of it, but I see no sence in spending so much to take a crappy little 60 x 60 picture that's shit quality.

EDIT: oh A-Dust, they are so small so they're easy to lose, that way you have to buy a new one ;)

and Cody... :no:

·
Don't Call it a Comeback
9,999 Posts
I have a phone I dont text or any of that shit. I just need my phone to get a good signal and make calls. I dont really see the point in a camera phone, or a phone that you can get on the Internet. They just need to make calls.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
[Telephone starts to RING]

[Stacy Is A Goddess picks up] Hello?

[cap'n crunch032 says] This thread is dead.

[Stacy Is A Goddess says] O.

[cap'n crunch032 says] Your dumb!

[Stacy Is A Goddess says] I know.

·
Banned
10,502 Posts
The only thing i hate is their plan. you really have to pay for about $49.99. "and" you must have regular phone. on the price they tell you, you thought thats it. but it was not they dont tell you 'all" taxes..blah blah blah until the month gone and you cant bring it back and youll have to wait a year or two. to take it out. unless you can pay them $ 150?.... they dont really want to hear what you want. when you call somebody to fix it. youll have to wait...and wait..

Text is good if you really dont want to talk to a person who cant stop talking. "heck let them call you and pay."
and if you miss the call you just gonna read it fast.

youll have to buy a phone that suit you. you just cant buy any cell phone.

is that true you can have a good signal on a cell phone who have a camera?

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
crazy coupar said in post #14 :
Personally I don't really see the point in mobile phones.
They're for making telephone calls on when you're not in the house or a phone box.

·
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Thro
9,313 Posts
Mobile phones are the greatest thing since.. umm.. something. I use mine all the time.. I send like 500 text messages a month.

Messaging just got a whole lot smarter. The Nokia 6820 messaging device puts the tools you need for rich communication - full messaging keyboard, digital camera, mobile email, MMS, SMS, and Instant Messaging - right at your fingertips, in a small, sleek device.

Take a picture with the integrated digital camera. Flip open the messaging keyboard and type a message to go along with your snapshot. Add a sound file - even a recording of your own voice. Send it all to a friend or coworker as a multimedia message - via MMS - to a compatible mobile phone or to an email address.
My phone pwnz.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts