Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1500 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Its not the same at all, cause Ben was on the brink of getting finished by Lawler in like the first 20 seconds as well.
Lawler is stylistically one of his worst match ups. I wouldn't favor Ben against Usman or Tyrone either. Against pretty much anyone else, I think he has a chance. If he takes enough time off I think he'll be fine to give it another shot.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ben talks shit to market the fight. I really don't understand why fighters take him seriously. He made that fight on the card the one I wanted to see the most. I still don't know how well he will do in the ufc. His first 2 matchups were against savages.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts
Ben talks shit to market the fight. I really don't understand why fighters take him seriously. He made that fight on the card the one I wanted to see the most. I still don't know how well he will do in the ufc. His first 2 matchups were against savages.
It honestly baffles me that the MMA community overall doesn't understand trash talk or marketing fights. Hell it seems like no one in MMA knew you could even talk trash or market yourself before Conor came along.

Sell your fights, guys like Masvidal who just come across as thugs more than fighters dont get it, but sell your fight so more people watch it and you make more money.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
It honestly baffles me that the MMA community overall doesn't understand trash talk or marketing fights. Hell it seems like no one in MMA knew you could even talk trash or market yourself before Conor came along.
Chael Sonnen was selling fights way before Conor was a thing. Toto Ortiz was selling fights before Chael was a thing. Hell, even Ronda was selling fights before Conor. Can people stop giving Conor credit for shit he didn't do.

·
Epstein didn't kill himself
7,006 Posts
Not everyone fucking revolves around WWE, fake scripted trash talk, marketing etc. These fighters come from all over the world with different ethics and beliefs, where trash talk isn't just a game especially if you get personal. Just because you realised what Ben Askren was trying to do doesn't make you smarter one bit lol

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
hey slick and storm---De Randmie is +180. Thoughts? Aspen gunna bring that smoke? She looks so fucking weak compared to her, but I know little about her.

·
Epstein didn't kill himself
7,006 Posts
hey slick and storm---De Randmie is +180. Thoughts? Aspen gunna bring that smoke? She looks so fucking weak compared to her, but I know little about her.
Aspen has very long ways to go in the striking department, she's fighting a kickboxing world champion with good Takedown defence. As much as I dislike Germaine I am picking her to win

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
I'll echo what Slickback said. GDR is on a different level as far as experience and talent. The only thing I think holds GDR back is her inactivity. She takes a year+ between fights sometimes. Ladd has been busy and hopefully this fight delivers.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
10 years since UFC 100. Damn.

Love him or hate him, Brock Lesnar was responsible for getting a lot of people into MMA. And his performance against Mir might have been his finest one in the Octagon. Completely neutralised and smashed him. The first time I watched UFC was actually UFC 40- another WWE crossover with Ken Shamrock, but I was an adult by the time Brock came along in the fight game, so I stayed a fan. Also, UFC 100 had the amazing H-Bomb on Bisping.

On the Sacramento card... it caught some heat for the headliner, but I actually think it's a pretty solid card. Emmett vs. Bektic, Vettori vs. Ferreira, Pena vs. Montano and Elkins vs. Hall all stand out to me. Kinda hope Ricky Simon sends Urijah Faber back into retirement. Met him back in 2014 and he was a real dick.

Ortiz vs. Del Rio is kinda interesting. I know Del Rio has an actual MMA background, but I've only seen him get starched by prime Cro Cop. Be interesting to see if he can do anything with 2019 Tito.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
PFL card tonight. God I love midweek MMA. Magomedkerimov is a stud. ESPN and PFL both hoping and praying Kayla Harrison has a better performance tonight than she did in her first fight this season.

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
Chael Sonnen was selling fights way before Conor was a thing. Toto Ortiz was selling fights before Chael was a thing. Hell, even Ronda was selling fights before Conor. Can people stop giving Conor credit for shit he didn't do.
People give him credit because he's far and away the best at it ever.

141 - 160 of 1500 Posts