Wrestling Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1443 Posts

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,423
Mile Perry just got a lot of coaches and cornermen fired tonight! Power of the Platinum Pussy! Lol

And Cruz may have had a point about Peterson. How many fence grabs did he miss Gall doing?

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Good card with a great main event, FOTY so far.

Even with Tony coming off of a loss to a guy Dustin beat, i'd like to see Dustin/Tony next. Might as well considering Khabib has the Gaethje fight next and hes done with Dustin for the foreseeable. If Ferg beat Dustin the Khabib fight would be salvageable too.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Fuck me those Hooker and Poirier are tough. The shots Hooker took, jesus. I didn't give him a chance but after 2 rounds he was clearly up. Thank god Dusty came back. Amazing fight.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,398 Posts
He didn't win but Hooker showed he belong's in the cage with the top guys.

If only he didn't stray from his gameplan and start brawling in the third.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,430
I'm not knocking him, but Hooker faded heavily in the 4th and 5th. He didn't "quit" but he didn't want anymore either. I wonder why he stopped going for the body though. You'd think that would slow Dustin down, so why stop? Body shots are probably the least used strikes in MMA.

·
Epstein didn't kill himself
6,995 Posts
Not wanting anymore is the same as quittting, and he didn't do either.

Why you talking about body shots but not mention the calf kicks. He stopped using them like after second round

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,398 Posts
Not wanting anymore is the same as quittting, and he didn't do either.

Why you talking about body shots but not mention the calf kicks. He stopped using them like after second round
He has the tendency to stray away from what's working for him. Did the same thing with Felder where he stopped using leg kicks which worked so well for him early on. Think he just gets sucked into a brawl too easily.Early on he looks sharp and uses his length, but he always just stops doing that at some point in these 5 rounders.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Looks like its actually happening. I think Burns is a more interesting stylistic match up for Usman but you cant really complain considering they've got this done less than a week out. Its actually a bigger fight as far as name value goes. I see it being a pretty comfortable wrestlefuck UD for Usman......which means Jorge will probably win with a flying knee in the opening 5 seconds again.

1421 - 1440 of 1443 Posts