Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1498 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I scored the first Jones Gus fight comfortably in Jones favor and even though Gus did more damage to Jones than Santos this was a relatively uneventful fight and Santos did more damage across rounds 1, 2 & 5. I'm definitely biased against Jones for whatever it's worth. This is the first time I've felt like he lost a decision though.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Santos couldn't move, you figured a rush takedown would have put him on his butt. I would assume he would have trouble getting back up. Weird fight.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,155 Posts
I don't understand the lack of takedowns.
I feel like Jones saw the show on the Food Network called "Beat Bobby Flay" where Bobby Flay challenges a chef at making their best dish and does it better than them and decided to do that.

I feel like there were times when Santos went down and Jones let him get back up because it was from Santos' bad leg and not a Jones shot.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I don't remember Jones throwing combos either. Seemed like one attack at a time. Pressured Santos against the cage and then let he out. Very uneventful fight for Jones. Santos did great and I could have seen him getting the decision.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,537 Posts
What the hell was that?

If Santos didn't injure his knee I think he would have flattened Jones. Jon just looked like he didn't give a shit and had zero interest in being there. The guy barely fought in 25 minutes and was insanely fortunate to leave with the Title.

Such a great PPV with some epic finishes and then Jon Jones goes and stinks the joint out to end things. The guys a douchebag on so many levels.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
If any other fight on the card was fought like the main event I would have hated it. But with someone like Jones and how big of a deal a loss from him would be I loved it. It was tense from bell to bell.
It's one of those fights that's tense as hell in the moment but once it's over, there's no more excitement. This won't be a repeat viewing for me but like I said, no problem with a rematch.

·
Premium Member
10,997 Posts
What a card. Worth it to stay up for.

Nunes slays again.
OMFG Askren. I hope he'll find a way to be fine after that.
Santos showed great, and I really believe he won rounds 1-2-5.. it just wasn't decisive, and to beat the Champ it really should be.

·
The Shape
287 Posts
It was a weird performance from Jon. Santos posed his problems,but after the injury i do not understand why Jon did not turn to his wrestling. I do think he edged the fight in the end, but it should have been easier than that.

Nunes is clearly the WMMA GOAT and it is not even close in my view. I mean look at the fighters she has beaten in her run and the way she has beaten some of them (And i do think she won the Shevchenko fight). She is awesome.

I am one of the few people who likes Ben so i was a bit gutted he lost like that. I feel like this is the worst thing that could have happened to him from a marketing stand point because when people think of Askren now, they will think of the 5 second knockout.

I did love Rockhold getting flattened again though. Not only is this guy a massive douche, he is also one of the most over-rated fighters . I remember when people were predicting him to be a dominant champion at Middleweight after beating Weidman (Who was winning that fight before having that brainfart), then he got knocked out cold by Bisping and flat-lined by Romero. Now he moves up and gets knocked out by Jan Blahowicz in his first fight at 205. He is good, but i do not think he is as good as some made him out to be

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,763 Posts
Yesterday I didn't really care for a jorge Masvidal. Today I absolutely despise the man. No need at all for them punches to a clearly unconcious man and then to celebrate like that shows what a classless piece of shit he really is. Also not a fan of Askren but no way did he deserve them extra punches

Interesting that this is only the second time we can say Bones wasn't juiced (OSP fight ) and he looked like trash again. Keep him clean and it's only a matter of time before he gets beat

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Other than the main event, the whole card really delivered. Nice to see so many finishes.

Pussy Jones not wanting to mix it up with a one legged Santos was a disappointment. He fought a cowards fight and it nearly cost him.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
Shit!

That's tough on Askren. He'll never be ever to get the stank of this loss off.

Nunes doing Nunes thangs. GOAT.

I have a big level of ambivalence when it comes to Luke now. He made me a fan with the win over Machida but it seems his defense is never going to get better. Shame. I was hoping the move up would help his chin.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Other than the main event, the whole card really delivered. Nice to see so many finishes.

Pussy Jones not wanting to mix it up with a one legged Santos was a disappointment. He fought a cowards fight and it nearly cost him.
In my eyes fight was 4-1 Jones. Why jeopardize his win, record, and future drawing status to please the boo birds who 95% of them have never fought, much less a black belt Muay Thai

101 - 120 of 1498 Posts