Wrestling Forum banner

1101 - 1121 of 1499 Posts

·
Epstein didn't kill himself
7,006 Posts
This new friendly cheerful Conor has def thrown me off guard. I was expecting him to tear into Cerrone this week.

A breathe of fresh air if I'm being honest.

IN b4 some moron says 'HE DIDN'T INSULT HIS FAMILY ENOUGH IM NOT HYPED"

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
This new friendly cheerful Conor has def thrown me off guard. I was expecting him to tear into Cerrone this week.

A breathe of fresh air if I'm being honest.

IN b4 some moron says 'HE DIDN'T INSULT HIS FAMILY ENOUGH IM NOT HYPED"
He doesnt have much choice but to be humble and nice at this point tbh. Hes in PR rebuilding mode.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
When Khabib said "I'm gonna make dis guy humble" ? Never seen Conor more humble.

Seriously though, it's a nice change, although a part of me enjoys the dickhead Conor we're so used to. The press conference got a little annoying, it was like a who could out-compliment each other more competition.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,105
I had no problem with Mystic Mac 145 pound Conor for the most part. It's the psychotic violent coke head who goes around assaulting people that did my head in. But you still had those dickriders who kept enabling him and things just got worse and worse.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
The Claudia Gadelha vs. Alexa Grasso fight got scrapped at weigh-ins, with Grasso coming in at 121.5 for a 115lb fight. The Nevada State Athletic Commission wouldn't allow the fight to go ahead with that much weight difference. Shocking.

Anyway, everyone else made weight. Conor looks like he's really been tucking into the steaks, really packed on the muscle for this 170 bout. He ain't ever going to featherweight again.

·
Southern Pride
3,558 Posts
As much as I like Cerrone this feels like McGregor is going to win.

Hopefully Holly Holm does well.

Reactions: Rookie of the Year

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Yeah, heart says Cerrone, head says McGregor. Loved Cowboy since 2011, but whenever he takes a big fight or main event, that's when he stumbles. Spent the last few days watching literally every fight of his on Fight Pass, he destroys everyone heading up the ranks, looking like a world beater... then gets TKOed in the first. Conor has the tools to do that, and he seems dialed in for this one, unlike the lead-up to the Khabib fight, where he seemed more concerned with shilling his Proper Twelve.

Overall picks:

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,111
Well this was a nothing night. I wonder what perks Cowboy got for that performance. That was pathetic.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Tha fookin king is back.

But in all honesty, that was sad to watch. Cerrone has to hang up the gloves. That was awful.

Reactions: Ace

·
Southern Pride
3,558 Posts
The use of the shoulder to hit Cerrone was genius by McGregor. I had a feeling that McGregor was winning but not THAT quick. He has a lot of motivation right now.

Cerrone after the fight sounded like someone that is nearing the end of their career. It's like he didn't care that he lost.

Glad that Holm won her fight.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Cerrone threw the fight. It was pathetic to watch. Cowboy didnt do jack squat in the match. He might as well have tied both the arms behind his back.

Well, Conor finally got a win after almost 2 years. Let's see how he does against the top welterweight guys.

·
Baby Yoda
29,829 Posts
Great win for Conor, pathetic from Cowboy.

Expected far more from him, he rolled over like a can.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Yeah pathetic from Cowboy, said to myself fuck UFC, give us a contest FFS. Yes Conor looked amazing, keen to see him go against a better fighter who remembers how to fight.

1101 - 1121 of 1499 Posts