Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1499 Posts

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
I don't even know who's next for Nunes at this point
She has eviscerated Cyborg, Rousey, Holm and now-retired Nunes in a round and bested Valentina twice. We can debate the all-time merits of everyone else, but there's no denying Nunes is an absolute monster and GOAT of WMMA.

There essentially is nobody outside of beating an adjusted Cyborg again (who deployed the archaic Wanderlei Silva strategy last time). Nunes seems to be to WMMA what Jones is to LHW.

Very entertaining night of fights tonight. Fireworks still sparking days after the 4th!

Reactions: Ace

·
Baby Yoda
29,829 Posts
Jones need to face DC soon.. if DC beats Stipe, I'd like to see DC vs Jones III @ Heavyweight.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Well, Joe, Jones has been disgustingly good in the Octagon, but the guy hasn't "easily dominated everyone," considering Vitor almost broke his arm, Gus gave him a good fight and DC didn't do too bad in there vs. him. Jones recovered of course, but Machida also got a good shot on Jones.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Ben Askren will never be the same guy again. That defeat emasculated him on so many levels.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
That could very conceivably be Santos' fight shockingly.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,155 Posts
Dude had a judge say he beat Jon Jones in a fight with a fucked up leg in the second round.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
What a card that was. Looked great on paper and then delivered big time in practice - upsets, brutal finishes, fastest KO in UFC history and a rare instance of Jones being legitimately challenged.

I hope Askren is okay after that KO though. That looked life changing. I dont think we will see him fight again for a long time, if ever.

81 - 100 of 1499 Posts