Wrestling Forum banner

421 - 440 of 1502 Posts

·
Attending Chris Jericho's Rager with Scott Steiner
6,418 Posts
DC looked good but Stipe just has that power. The reason Jon Jones will never fight him.

Nate vs Jorge will be great. Diaz managed to look sloppy and amazing at the same time. What a guy.
DammitCormier looked okay, until when he started standing with flat feet and taking blows to the head and leaving the liver open constantly. I don't understand why he did that with someone taller and who has more (around 20cm) reach. He should have been closing the gap and taking Steepay down and constantly moving if take downs were not possible. :shrug

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Wow what a night of fights. Both Romero/Costa and the ME were fantastic. The heavy shots in both were nuts.

This Costa guy is a beast and he's really going to be somebody.

The ME was nothing short of gruelling. DC was easily winning until round 4, tagging Stipe all over the place but credit to him he eat some hard shots. Stipe really proved his boxing is right up there to finish, excellent strategy. DC just didn't have much left by that point.

Great show.

·
Epstein didn't kill himself
7,006 Posts
DammitCormier looked okay, until when he started standing with flat feet and taking blows to the head and leaving the liver open constantly. I don't understand why he did that with someone taller and who has more (around 20cm) reach. He should have been closing the gap and taking Steepay down and constantly moving if take downs were not possible. :shrug
Not sure if you notice but it's quite hard to have block your face and body at the same time, all the time. Hence when Stipe kept going to the liver, that forced DC to lower his hands to protect that area, which then left the head open to hit.

I agree he should have used more wrestling, but Stipe has fantastic wrestling himself and DC probably didn't want to gas himself out. He did sya after the fight he should have listened to coaches though

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,487 Posts
What is it with this sport and everyone rushing to push a fighter out the door after a loss? If DC decides to call it a day, it certainly won't be because he can't compete anymore. I think most people had him 3 rounds up heading into the 4th. Even saw some people on Twitter saying Romero is done after losing a relatively close decision to an undefeated young monster. Reminds me of when Aldo lost to Max and all of a sudden Stephens was going to mop the floor with him.

Don't mean to take anything away from Nate, but Pettis looked really bad. Never really gave himself a chance in the fight. Nate had way too easy a time walking him down and cutting off the cage. Great to have Nate back though. Hopefully he's looking to stay busy.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
Pettis might as well change his name to Mr. Glass.

Buddy rarely gets out of a fight without breaking something.

·
7,006 Posts
What is it with this sport and everyone rushing to push a fighter out the door after a loss? If DC decides to call it a day, it certainly won't be because he can't compete anymore. I think most people had him 3 rounds up heading into the 4th. Even saw some people on Twitter saying Romero is done after losing a relatively close decision to an undefeated young monster. Reminds me of when Aldo lost to Max and all of a sudden Stephens was going to mop the floor with him.

Don't mean to take anything away from Nate, but Pettis looked really bad. Never really gave himself a chance in the fight. Nate had way too easy a time walking him down and cutting off the cage. Great to have Nate back though. Hopefully he's looking to stay busy.
Stop reading twitter comments lol, or at least take them seriously whatsoever

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
DC would still whoop pretty much every heavyweight in the UFC right now, and if he listened to his coaches most likely would have decisioned Stipe too (not taking anything away from Stipe).

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
The fact that some people don't realise they are being worked by Colby Covington is greatly amusing to me. Apparently they had to move some fighters away from him on
Saturday because they wanted to fight him :lol

Are some fans & fighters really this dumb? Literally everything about him is designed to get heat. The MAGA hat, the shit eating grin, carrying the fake belt everywhere he goes, the "people's champ" shirt. He even comes out to Kurt Angle's music. Maybe it's because I like pro wrestling & can spot a gimmick better than most, but I just don't understand how people can't see this shit is a character. Fair play to him anyway, it's working.

Even the Trumps are getting worked. He didn't even vote for him :lol

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
:eek:wens3 Might have watched DC get his ass beaten at least 50 times.

This is what heaven feels like.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
If watching a man you hate get his ass beaten is overdoing it, I never want to underdo it.

DC is a holier-than-thou, eye poking, towel gating, cheating motherfucker

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
DC would still whoop pretty much every heavyweight in the UFC right now, and if he listened to his coaches most likely would have decisioned Stipe too (not taking anything away from Stipe).
Highly doubtful.

DC won round 1. Round 2 was very close. Both guys were connecting with one another. Rounds 3 and 4 were Stipe's, and he had all the momentum at that point in the fight, while DC had slowed down significantly and was in no position to implement his wrestling anymore, even if he wanted to.

Stipe would have won a decision.

·
C Mac G
6,151 Posts
Highly doubtful.

DC won round 1. Round 2 was very close. Both guys were connecting with one another. Rounds 3 and 4 were Stipe's, and he had all the momentum at that point in the fight, while DC had slowed down significantly and was in no position to implement his wrestling anymore, even if he wanted to.

2 judges had it 30-27 and 1 had it 29-28 going to the 4th, all for DC

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Highly doubtful.

How would Stipe had won it if the judges were scoring DC ahead at that point? And no, it wouldn't have been a robbery, people throw that word around so carelessly these days. DC had outlanded Stipe heading into the fourth round and imo he won all 3 rounds before that (third round being tighter). It's all a moot point really, Stipe won so it doesn't matter.

My point was that DC would demolish pretty much every other heavyweight on the roster and was on the way to beating Stipe for a second time as well.

I'm a fan of Stipe though, he's cemented himself as the GOAT UFC heavyweight and it's thoroughly deserved.

I'm predicting DC to have one more fight to make it a trilogy with Stipe.

·
7,006 Posts
Had it 2-1 DC> And if Stipe didn't start the body shots, DC probs would have won. But yea moot point

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,550 Posts
421 - 440 of 1502 Posts