Wrestling Forum banner

301 - 320 of 1440 Posts

·
You're Pretty Good
9,811 Posts
Great fight from Colby. The cunt.

Similar plan to Condit against Lawler. Overwhelmed him with volume. Only difference is Colby can wrestle and Lawler is older.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Ok now I'm sure Robbie's taking a dive....

He's just standing there!
It's the pace. The sheer pace/volume in close quarters of those first two rounds in particular certainly compromised Lawler's "Ruthless" moniker. Lawler's problems of course compounded by his inability to utilize his historically great TD defense consistently.

Lawler looked to evade and land that one big counter. It never really came. I don't like Covington and he comes off as a phony prick, but he just smothers guys with the vigorous volume. Beautiful fight from him.

Reactions: Slickback

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Colby easily disposes of Usman. He's got much more ferocious forward pressure, and Usman sucks fighting off his back foot. Colby has better striking, both offense and defense.

I get that most hate the guy and will irrationally go with Usman, but be prepared for a dominant Colby victory.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
It's the pace. Lawler looked to evade and land that one big counter. It never really came.
But that's my biggest problem here. Robbie didn't even TRY to do anything. When it's the 4th or 5th round and you're doing nothing different, that's when I have to call bullshit. Effort. Plain old effort is what I wanted to see and I got virtually nothing over 5 rounds. He was just a cpu with his striking set to minimum. It was pathetic.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,396 Posts
Robbie always has moments of inactivity. Most of his fights that go the distance feature moments where he just stops doing anything for a while. This was 25 minutes of that Robbie Lawler.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I said on another board at the beginning of the fourth round that there was no reason to watch the last 8 minutes of the fight. I know Robbie only ever needs to land one punch, but there was no way anything was going to change in the last two rounds.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Carmouche +600 against Shev boys. A 100 dollar prop on her, Plat Perry, and Garagorri will net 3491 dollars if you hit it.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
And you're basically throwing away money on Liz.....
Yea no shit lol. Are you gonna do it???
For sure, prolly not a hundred tho, I'll admit I got a bad feeling about betting on that fight for sure, I feel the MMA Betting Gods would look down on whatever decision I made here, I've had a crazy string of good luck this year so far, so it's about time for it to run out, but I think Carmouche has a better chance then +600 though, ultra low risk/ high reward.

301 - 320 of 1440 Posts