Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 4379 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Re: MMA Discussion Thread! (LET'S GET IT ON!)

Punk looked decent for an amateur in the 1st round. He lost his legs, lost his cardio and it was an embarrassment the last 10 minutes.

Love ya, Punk but I hope somebody tells you to give it up. Keep it as a hobby. This ain’t your profession, bro.

See ya at All In! :mark:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

As much as I wanted him to win I thought he'd be smashed in the first round so he exceeded my expectations. He showed a lot of heart, but hopefully now he can bring this farce to an end.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

Punk was fucking useless in there, He kept going for quick half assed submissions to make it look like he was doing something :lmao

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Jackson obviously was carrying him. CM Punk has to leave the fight game it's too late for him.

·
Registered
22,722 Posts

Winklejon have made Overeem too timid, did he throw a single strike in the first round? Boring fight, and Blaydes was really dull.

Can we all now accept that CM Punk is the biggest bum/can in MMA?
Tbf fair to Mike Overeem is somebody who probably should be cautious that's the 11th or 12th time he's been KO'd the only time he had a chin was when he was roiding and eating horse meat.

But yeah Punk's fight didn't go well, but I still call Bob Sapp the biggest can lol

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

the first round was pretty exciting given the context. i don't like punk but i found myself rooting for him for once. maybe my hatred was satiated once gall destroyed him. doesn't hurt that mike jackson is super unlikable. i don't think toying with punk helped him more than a finish would've. people shat on anderson for toying with maia and this was the bum fight equivalent.

·
Registered
22,722 Posts

Punk looked decent for an amateur in the 1st round. He lost his legs, lost his cardio and it was an embarrassment the last 10 minutes.

Love ya, Punk but I hope somebody tells you to give it up. Keep it as a hobby. This ain’t your profession, bro.

See ya at All In! :mark:
His toughness should be applauded he had a couple moments he could've looked for a way out. But it's no shame in saying you didn't have much for somebody who's been fighting MMA for ten years and is a golden globes boxer. Hate how Punk came into MMA, but it still takes balls to sign up for something you have a huge chance at losing.

·
Baby Yoda
29,829 Posts

Punk was embarrassing, legit fought like a bum.

I don't know what he learnt in those 2-3 years of world class training.

·
Ho!
17,556 Posts

Round 1 Punk looked good and like he might be able to get the win at some point. I'd say he won that round.

Round 2 he should've been beat when on the ground. I guess it would've been a cool moment there if he locked in the triangle choke, but Jackson could've had him there if he wanted. TBH I consider that the end of the fight. Round 3 was just a poor showing for Punk from start to finish and the fact Jackson let him up at one point says it all.

He did much better than in the fight against Micky Gall... albeit against a weaker opponent (at least from my limited knowledge). Also after 2 years more training and actually having a fight under his belt this time. Still, I guess his performance in the first round is worth some respect - but also we see a big weakness of his seemed to be his cardio. Although to be fair, who knows how serious Jackson was even taking the fight. Seemed like he may have been putting effort in the first round, but the second and third he looked like he was just playing with a 6 year old.

·
Registered
22,722 Posts

the first round was pretty exciting given the context. i don't like punk but i found myself rooting for him for once. maybe my hatred was satiated once gall destroyed him. doesn't hurt that mike jackson is super unlikable. i don't think toying with punk helped him more than a finish would've. people shat on anderson for toying with maia and this was the bum fight equivalent.
Yeah they playing with me kind of soured on me and put me in pro wrestling fan mode. I can accept Anderson doing it because he's great. But Mike Jackson doesn't belong in the UFC either, so him showboating was really shitty. Like just finish the fight

·
Registered
12,862 Posts

So what's next for CM Punk - Cricket?
Croquet.

:p

In all seriousness Punk did better than I thought he would, if only because he didn't go out in the first round.

I agree with pretty much everyone, though perhaps not with the same vitriol, that Punk should hang it up. He tried, he did it, it's not for him, not as a profession at least.

I still commend him for having the balls to do it.

:justsayin

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

Good progress check for Bam Bam here. Obvious power, pressuring fighter, deceptive athlete. Arlovski the grizzled vet, more polished, has recently adopted this more refined style, yet didn't look particularly good vs Struve.

I think Bam Bam finds Arlovski's notoriously spotty chin early, but good test.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts

this was hard to watch
Punk should have quit after his first fight. He got Booed in Chicago , it shouldn't have come down to this

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
18,169 Posts

Time to watch MITB '11 to watch Punk do what he does best.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

Punk's boxing is probably the worst in history of professional sports lmao, kinda embarassing to watch.

I still love the guy, CM GOAT will be always the GOAT, despite his mediocre fighting skills.

141 - 160 of 4379 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.