Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 4379 Posts

·
Registered
15,650 Posts
Re: MMA Discussion Thread! (LET'S GET IT ON!)

Anyone thinking Punk gets it done tonight?
It's impossible to tell. There's no training footage of him after the Gall fight. There's nothing showing off his areas of improvement. Same with Jackson. The general assumption is that Punk is more effective on the ground while Jackson is the more experienced striker, but again that's armchair theorizing with so little data to go by.

In any event, my money's on Punk.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

So after watching the live weigh ins, Joe and Yoel cleared something up for us. They didn't give Yoel his 2 hours. They only gave him one. What kind of bullshit ssndbagging is that!?

·
Registered
15,650 Posts

So after watching the live weigh ins, Joe and Yoel cleared something up for us. They didn't give Yoel his 2 hours. They only gave him one. What kind of bullshit ssndbagging is that!?
Yeah it was also mentioned in one of the Embedded clips. If true then there should be an overruling this of mess. Can you imagine him winning tonight's fight and not going home with the belt because of an NYSAC technicality penalty that was enforced after an NYSAC neglet of their own modus operandi?

I'd be beyond pissed if I were Yoel.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

Yeah it was also mentioned in one of the Embedded clips. If true then there should be an overruling this of mess. Can you imagine him winning tonight's fight and not going home with the belt because of an NYSAC technicality penalty that was enforced after an NYSAC neglet of their own modus operandi?

I'd be beyond pissed if I were Yoel.
It would truly suck if Yoel kills him and get's punished by leaving with no gold and a light purse because the sports commission has it's head up it's ass. And this is the same commission that let Holly get ko'ed between rounds with no consequences.

And now Dana's on damage control and he's said that if Yoel wins he get's a number 1 contender fight at 205.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

It would truly suck if Yoel kills him and get's punished by leaving with no gold and a light purse because the sports commission has it's head up it's ass. And this is the same commission that let Holly get ko'ed between rounds with no consequences.

And now Dana's on damage control and he's said that if Yoel wins he get's a number 1 contender fight at 205.
Especially when we are ultimately talking about .2 POUNDS! I'm sorry, but there shouldn't be a consolation prize here, assuming the word is true. Though Romero is an absolute athletic freak, facts remain that he is 41. This is perhaps a real unfortunate situation.

Anyway, real fun card tonight imo. Good intrigue and some "styles make fights clashes

explanations: though Blades is strong as hell with pressuring gnp and Overeem's chin can be dazed with bad breath, Overeem is maybe other than Francis the physically strongest in this division, some of the best knees in the biz and a nasty guillotine with underrated TDD. Could be dead wrong, but I think Overeem takes this off being a bad matchup for Blades, even coming off becoming a Pez dispenser.

Even this Mike Jackson has to be more polished than Punk. Gotta go against our crowd.
Arlovski has fought smarter recently, changing his style abit and is more polished here. Regardless, he looked mediocre vs even Struve you can't change your chin and though sloppy, I notice that Bam Bam has alot of power and some surprising athleticism. Not a good mix for AA

RDA has more weapons, but I think Covington wrestles him to oblivion here (RDA's track record vs high-caliber wrestlers not good)

Whittaker/Romero when Whittaker is coming off health battles and cage rust, while Romero's body was in agony yesterday and had to be helped off by two guys is a toss-up. Still, if Bobby Knuckles was healthy I'd take him and he did beat Romero largely on one leg last time, but I got Romero here until we see Whittaker mentally and physically 100 percent.

Reactions: Stormbringer

·
Southern Pride
3,399 Posts

For Punks sake I hope that he does win this fight tonight. It's hard picking him because of not having any idea how much he has improved. Hopefully it lasts longer than last time at the very least.

A very stacked and interesting card. Pulling for Holm for the win.

Romero not being eligible to win the Championship (I just heard them mention it on the prefight) just for .2 is so stupid. Especially when both are probably not even close to 185 now after rehydrating and such.

Reactions: Wolfgang

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

Great career for Rashad and he will forever be etched in the UFC's highlight reel, but too long at the dance and this cements it. Retirement past due.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

Fight of the year. Absolute classic. Might as well shut the show down now, nothing will top that heavyweight extravaganza.

Reactions: Stormbringer

·
Registered
443 Posts

MMA judges and refs are so terrible.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

I know Blades can wrestle but that sure didnt go as I expected. Reem has very good tdd usually, strong, guillotine and nasty knees. Blades took him down with such ease without regard and ate through an Overeem knee. Didn't think he'd cut right through Overeem like that with Overeem's skillset. Fair play. What does anyone except Miocic have for Blades, except a possibly physically shot Cain?

Perhaps 'Reem is done with all the damage now.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts

Curtis Blaydes busted him open with those elbows! Beast!

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

Overeem is nothing without the gear!

Good win by Blaydes, played it right and carved him up. What's next for Blaydes?

101 - 120 of 4379 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.