Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 4379 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Re: MMA Discussion Thread! (LET'S GET IT ON!)

fuuuuuccckkkk that was scary as shiiiit. I thought Rob was done there, thank god he's hanging on.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

Man.... I don't know what Punk does from here. These two Ls IMO have tarnished his rep. He could have walked away from the first one with everyone's respect for putting in the effort. But this loss was even worse. He got shit on by an even worse opponent who half-assed the whole fight.

Like WWE isn't going to want him back. How can you make Punk look legitimate in the ring again? Like the only thing I could see is having him return to whatever promotion and continue the 'losing' streak, and start a redemption storyline.

But I really think he's kind of hurt his value, for anything. Whose going to want to book the guy for the last 5 years is now known for losing to two UFC nobodies?

I dunno man, this just seems really bad for him. He may just need to take his money and run. Go live life. It's just going to look pathetic if he starts getting booked and beaten on lower promotions.
Gall has actually done something with himself and ain't no bum. Had Punk quit there he'd be down as the guy Gall made his name against and people would think perhaps he wasn't that bad, having gone against a real good opponent in his first fight.

Jackson here however has a lot of disrespect towards him, with some people even thinking he was that much talked about can set up for Punk to beat. So yeah, no avoiding the rep of being an absolutely horrible fighter now.

As for credibility/value... Brock came back after two straight losses, though granted he'd won the belt before then. Same with Ronda. If a wrestling company is concerned on how bad it'd make wrestlers look (old fashioned thinking you could say, but still very much a thing) to book CM Punk as a top guy then they can always book him as a cowardly heel with jobbers to help him win matches.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

A clearly drained from weightcut, off and losing Romero at 41 is occasionally completely staggering one of the best MW's of all time.

Crazy.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

Romero's healthy he finishes that deal. Absolutely insane he stayed in that. This man is 41 couldnt stand yesterday fighting an all time middlewight in his prime...

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #226

Holy Fuck what a fight!

It comes down to how the judges see the 4th.

What a fight!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

Man.... I don't know what Punk does from here. These two Ls IMO have tarnished his rep. He could have walked away from the first one with everyone's respect for putting in the effort. But this loss was even worse. He got shit on by an even worse opponent who half-assed the whole fight.

Like WWE isn't going to want him back. How can you make Punk look legitimate in the ring again? Like the only thing I could see is having him return to whatever promotion and continue the 'losing' streak, and start a redemption storyline.

But I really think he's kind of hurt his value, for anything. Whose going to want to book the guy for the last 5 years is now known for losing to two UFC nobodies?

I dunno man, this just seems really bad for him. He may just need to take his money and run. Go live life. It's just going to look pathetic if he starts getting booked and beaten on lower promotions.
I still find it funny how people don't understand CM Punk didn't leave WWE for reasons everybody thinks he did. He left WWE ONLY because he thought he would do what Brock did and he thought Vince was then gonna call him back to Main Event WM. I don't like Cm Punk at all, but I feel bad for guy now, you would think his team would tell him he fights like a girl and should never even try to get into cage.
I cringed at those kicks he was trying to throw at beginning of fight, it was already obv he was done.

You could already tell who (from WWE Roster) would be decent in UFC just by watching their matches. Look at Punk, he looks sloppy af, look at Batista, look at Cena, etc, they all look awkward, sloppy, uncoordinated, etc. Look at guys like Swagger, Cesaro, even Sheamus (I've heard stories of him being beaten up, doesn't mean they are true), etc they would put up a decent fight, not only they are extremely strong, but also well coordinated.

Watch CM Punk find excuse again and ask for 3rd fight, its prob gonna be against referee or some random guy from YT comments and Punk is still gonna lose lol.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

I could see that scored literally 48-47 Whittaker, a draw or 48-47 Romero without argument. What a crazy fight and display of heart by both men.

·
You're Pretty Good
9,816 Posts

Trash decision.

Yoel beat the fuck out of him. Even if you give him 3 rounds at least one of Romero’s has to be 10-8.

Convenient decision for the UFC though. Go figure.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,487 Posts

Yoel joins Arlovski and Benavidez tonight in being a victim of judges who are clearly mentally disabled.

·
Registered
443 Posts

Great fight.

I feel sorry for Yoel, granted he couldn’t win the belt anyway but he is going to go down as easily the greatest fighter to never be a UFC Champion, at least excluding Fedor. Greatest fighter to compete for the UFC and not be Champion. Immense for him to have such a strong fifth round.

But god damn Bobby Knuckles. When you look at how Yoel has obliterated everyone else in the division, and Rob has beat him twice now. Damn Whittaker is great.

Reactions: Ace

·
The legend never dies
4,357 Posts

Great fight, Yoel is a killer even when tired, but i gave the edge to Bobby.

UFC 227 is next hopefully Stipe KOs DC

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts

Fucking love Whittaker. Damn heart of a lion, anyone else in the MW division would have been finished. This guy just hangs on for dear life.

Fucking love Yoel. The way he looked at the weigh ins yesterday and the way he fought tonight is night and day. I really hope he wins UFC gold before he retires.

As for who won, I gave it to Whittaker for rounds 1, 2 and 4 but could have easily seen a 10-8 for Yoel to make it a draw. People screaming robbery are delusional, Whittaker was consitently attacking and landed more strikes.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Trash decision.

Yoel beat the fuck out of him. Even if you give him 3 rounds at least one of Romero’s has to be 10-8.

Convenient decision for the UFC though. Go figure.
UFC is a joke. The fact that they had guys like Punk & Jackson on the card should tell you all you need to know. If there was a beer league version of MMA Punk wouldn’t even be qualified for that. They are in cash grab mode and could not care less about identifying the actual best fighters.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts

I still find it funny how people don't understand CM Punk didn't leave WWE for reasons everybody thinks he did. He left WWE ONLY because he thought he would do what Brock did and he thought Vince was then gonna call him back to Main Event WM. I don't like Cm Punk at all, but I feel bad for guy now, you would think his team would tell him he fights like a girl
fpalm Punk said conclusively why he left WWE and you’re bullshit internet speculation nobody is buying.

Secondly nobody should tell anybody they “fight like a girl.” I bet you’re not looking to fight Holly Holm or even Megan Anderson any time soon.

Now carry on with your keyboard nonsense.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

Fucking love Whittaker. Damn heart of a lion, anyone else in the MW division would have been finished. This guy just hangs on for dear life.

Fucking love Yoel. The way he looked at the weigh ins yesterday and the way he fought tonight is night and day. I really hope he wins UFC gold before he retires.

As for who won, I gave it to Whittaker for rounds 1, 2 and 4 but could have easily seen a 10-8 for Yoel to make it a draw. People screaming robbery are delusional, Whittaker was consitently attacking and landed more strikes.
The people who are screaming robbery need to "put some respect on Whittaker's name."

Hell, Romero is one of my absolute modern favorites in the cage (I like Whittaker too just qualifying), yet that fight could easily be 1,2,4 Whittaker, 1,2,4 Whittaker with 3 and a 10-8 5 Romero for a draw (that's what I had) and for those with a more laxed 10-8 mentality, I can reasonably see 10-8s in 3 and 5 for Romero.

Still, judges saw it for Whittaker and we were all treated to a spectacular display of heart by both guys for a fight. Again, I scored a draw and I can see the Romero argument but that's the facts. Hats off to Whittaker and esp. Romero given his circumstances. To Whittaker's credit too, guy didn't look to miss a beat after injury/serious health issue.

Reactions: Ace and Wolfgang

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #239

Alright can we move the Punk gossip to a different thread?

Really nice night save for the really odd decisions happening.

What's next for Megan? There's no 145 division and she can't face Cyborg after the pure domination she suffered by Holly. Do they go into "feed her" mode?

221 - 240 of 4379 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.