Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 6323 Posts

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Re: MMA Discussion Thread- UFC 200 HYPE

Here is my train of thought: Wonderboy Thompson beat the steroid-junkie-Johny-Hendricks who came off quitting all those PEDS. Thompson beat a very gun-shy McDonald who wanted to go home and pet his nose.

But Thompson is overrated. A fighter who can rush in and clinch him with mui-thai and decent wrestling will crush him. Time will tell.

·
Ramble On
11,108 Posts

Hyped as fuck for 200. The card is crazy, hopefully nobody drops out between now and then (yeah right).

·
Epstein didn't kill himself
7,006 Posts

Gonna be the biggest week in UFC history :done

Joanna :mark:

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts

Here is my train of thought: Wonderboy Thompson beat the steroid-junkie-Johny-Hendricks who came off quitting all those PEDS. Thompson beat a very gun-shy McDonald who wanted to go home and pet his nose.

But Thompson is overrated. A fighter who can rush in and clinch him with mui-thai and decent wrestling will crush him. Time will tell.
He could well be overrated but there's no denying that he's looking pretty unstoppable at the moment. His control of distance is among the best in the UFC. If Lawler gets through Woodley I think Wonderboy would definitely have a good chance of taking the belt from him.

Wonderboy fought a very smart fight against Rory and didn't let Rory take it to ground and dictate it from there. I'd be confident that he'd plan accordingly for Robbie too.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,999 Posts

Didn't get the Rory hype back in the day. "He's the second coming of GSP. A TRUE CANANDIAN SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING!"

Glad Wonderboy beat him. Was a little nervous when Wonderboy started to trade with Rory in the 5th.

·
7,006 Posts

Rory Macdonald is fuckin 26 and has been one of the best Welterweights in the world. GSP wasn't undefeated either

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts

:hmm:

·
Banned
28,110 Posts

I am really not sure what to make of GSP targeting Bisping for his return :hmm: Although it does speaks volumes that he waited for father time to remove Silva from the MW picture instead of attempting to move up during his prime :punk2

Dana said Fedor's still a draw today. His UFC debut is imminent :vince$

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts

2 weeks until the real GOAT makes DC his bitch once again and take HIS title home.

·
7,006 Posts

4-time All-American in NCAA Division 1 Wrestling not good enough :lmao

Also I always thought if GSP was going to fight at a different weight class it would be to go down rather than up. He'll wont have to cut any weight to make 185 if he fights Bisping

·
Blue collar boys do it with our hands muddied.
1,196 Posts

The real question is, can Wonderboy survive 5th round Lawler? :jericho2

·
Running From Work, Jumping To Conclusions
1,840 Posts

Joanna and Jones both going to slay their biggest rival.

So hyped!

:Will

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,870 Posts

I cant see Thompson ever being crushed. He's one of these kickboxers that develop great TDD and then the huge, HUGE gap between the skill level of top MMA strikers and actual genuinely talented strikers becomes obvious. He's got to the point where he can defend the grappling and then embarrass people that are considered to be great strikers in MMA.

1 - 20 of 6323 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.