The best (imo)

1. Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier
2. Hank Aaron breaking Babe Ruth's record
3. Cal Ripken 2131 game
You nailed it.

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
Moments that stand out for me that I remember: Robin Ventura charging the mound on Nolan Ryan, 20 years older than him, and getting his ass kicked... Louis Gonzalez's walk off hit in the original November Classic in 2001... the kid in the Baltimore-New York ALDS game that reached over(Jeffery Maher?)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Steve Bartman. Ok..not really, but the greatest booker in the world couldnt have scripted something better than that for the Cubs. That moment just embodied everything about their history.

This is certainly not the greatest MLB moment, but my personal greatest moment was the 06 Tigers celebration after defeating the Oakland A's in the 2006 ALCS. To go through years and years of watching losing baseball, including the almost record breaking loss year of 03 in which i watched almost all of the televised games...it was an epic moment. I had just turned 5 when the Tigers won in '84 so i really felt no emotion for it back then. My top highlights though isnt the Magglio walkoff, i'll always remember Leyland getting carried on the field and Kenny Rogers on top of the dugoff spraying champagne on the fans. Speaking of Kenny, ive never marked out for a pitcher like i did for him in that year's playoffs. His intensity got me pumped up to a psychotic level!

Theres only one thing that could possibly ever live up to this moment...and thats the Lions making it to the Super Bowl. (lol)

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
I was trying to be non-partisan with my answers before, but my favorites in order: Nyjer Morgan getting his ass blind sided, Bartman, the walk off hit in the 97 series.

·
40,667 Posts
Steve Bartman. Ok..not really, but the greatest booker in the world couldnt have scripted something better than that for the Cubs. That moment just embodied everything about their history.
The irony of the Bartman play is incredible. Here you have the longest suffering fans in sports as I know it, and it's a fan that begins the unravelling of the Cubs best shot in a long time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts