Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
is better than you!
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter Meetings kick off today...

So far Gonzo was traded to Boston despite Boston not being able to extend the contract. Word is they are working on trying to get that done.

Toronto traded Shaun Marcum to Milwaukee, both teams just made a trade last week with MIL sending Carlos Villaneuva to Toronto.

Mark Reynolds may be going to Baltimore very soon. Could be happening VERY soon.

More to come soon for sure...

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Werth already has a ring though.... :p

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
Well he certainly won't be winning any more. If Adam Dunn was on the team they could have had a chance to win. The Nationals can be good in the next couple years with Harper and Strasburg but for next year they'll be going nowhere.

And KOP was right as Mark Reynolds is traded by the D-Backs to the Orioles for some minor leaguers.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Werth is being way overpaid, he is a solid player but not worth that money. With the Phillies he can good protection but even with the short field in Philly he only average 20-25 HRs, he probably will struggle to get that in DC

·
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
6,753 Posts
While the Nats certainly overpaid for Werth, I'm not hating on the move. They finished in last place again in the NL East this year. Werth is a very good player. Worth 126 million? No. But that's what it was going to take for them to land a big splash, because right now Washington isn't a desirable place for guys looking to win. They're going to have to spend a little bit of extra cash because they aren't as popular or good.

At least they're trying to improve and aren't just sitting on their hands and watching all the free agents go somewhere else. I actually like it, besides the large dollar amount.

·
is better than you!
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like Carl Crawford is going to Boston. Should be official soon.

·
Off That
8,514 Posts
Way overpaid, but then again, looking at some of the contracts out there, I'm not too surprised. Carlos Pena gets $10 million one year deal with the Cubs. Decent pickup I guess. His average is absolutely horrid though. And the Yanks offer Cliff Lee $140 million over six seasons.

Baseball needs some sort of cap.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Way overpaid, but then again, looking at some of the contracts out there, I'm not too surprised. Carlos Pena gets $10 million one year deal with the Cubs. Decent pickup I guess. His average is absolutely horrid though. And the Yanks offer Cliff Lee $140 million over six seasons.

Baseball needs some sort of cap.
It will never happen because Selig always wants the Yankees on top so he can make more money.

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
This isn't really a trade or off-season topic but the Washington Nationals overhauled their uniform set about a month ago.

Pretty good, but this prototype of the home uniform is better in my eyes.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts