Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

CLEVELAND — When WWE COO Triple H fired The Miz and his associate, R-Truth, the entire Quicken Loans Arena crowd was stunned. While many cheered, two native Ohioans were particularly aghast: Mr. and Mrs. Mizanin – The Miz’s parents, who were in attendance Monday night and witnessed their son’s shocking live termination.

“I didn’t expect this at all tonight,” Miz’s distraught father told WWE.com. “I really don’t understand why he got fired and for this to happen here in Cleveland, it’s unbelievable.”

Holding a wilted poster made for the “awesome” former WWE Champion, Mrs. Mizanin echoed her husband’s sentiments in the middle of an emptied arena.

“I think it’s horrible. In front of his hometown, he got fired,” Miz’s mother said. “I was very shocked. My mouth was like ‘wow.’ It’s a horrible, horrible day.”

The Ohio couple argued that the self-proclaimed “most must-see” champion in history must be seen again WWE.

“[WWE COO] Triple H should let bygones be bygones. WWE absolutely needs to reconsider and rehire my son,” Mr. Mizanin explained. “Mike [Miz] draws the people – especially the WWE fans here tonight. I just hope it will be straightened out.”

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2011-09-19/miz-parents-respond-to-firing

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
... I mean....really? Really? Really?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I really sympathize with the parents on this one. Imagine seeing your son fired from his dream job? This must have been a traumatic experience. My heart goes out to them.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
"I really don't understand why he got fired." I know it's kayfabe, but seriously?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Miz, just days after losing his job. He's completely let go of himself

And now, another joins thousands of americans currently unemployed in this harsh economic crisis. What are you gonna do about it Obama?

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Dear god, this makes me want to see what happens next Monday night. The conspiracy storyline just took a swerve. If Miz didn't believe Truth's babble before, he's a die-hard supporter now.

Good job on WWE's part. I can't ever remember an angle where WWE "fired" a main-eventer, in his own hometown, in front of millions of people, including friends and family. There's definately going to be hell for The Game next week.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
At least they're trying?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah, it's all just a laugh really. A good time. Props for going in this new direction. It's all baby steps right now. The WWE have to hone the technique; this whole 'embracing the internet and free-flow of info.' As long as they keep trying, I think they'll only get better at it.

Holding a wilted poster made for the “awesome” former WWE Champion, Mrs. Mizanin echoed her husband’s sentiments in the middle of an emptied arena.
:lmao WWE rules, man

1 - 20 of 67 Posts