Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a Miz fan and I've openly criticised the fact that he's world champion but after watching that main event I do feel sorry for him, if WWE are gonna give him a run with the belt they can atleast make him look respectable. Miz needing help from two people to beat a 61 year old commentator has just crushed any credibility he might have had before hand.

I'd like to hear from Miz fans on what they think about WWE giving Miz that match as his first title defence?

On a positive note, Alex Riley's new apprentice role seems to be giving him more air time and the fact he's referencing his DUI himself makes me think WWE don't seem to be planning to kill his career for his mistake.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Re: What a humiliating first Title Defence

I agree fully. And people will criticize TNA for pushing older guys. A 60+ NON WRESTLER is fighting for the title in WWE.

Miz is on his way to quickly becoming the worst booked champion of all time. Even the worst champions never fought an old announcer.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

I agree fully. And people will criticize TNA for pushing older guys. A 60+ NON WRESTLER is fighting for the title in WWE.

Miz is on his way to quickly becoming the worst booked champion of all time. Even the worst champions never fought an old announcer.
It's not the fact that he fought an old guy on his first defense because Edge did it in 06 against Ric Flair in a TLC match.

But it's the fact that he needed two people to help him win a title match against a 61 year old guy who competes in about 2 matches every year.

Miz's world title reign is being booked horribly so far, I mean Alex Riley got more heat then him tonight FFS.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts

this belongs in the raw thread

any way that entire thing made me sick

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

It's not the fact that he fought an old guy on his first defense because Edge did it in 06 against Ric Flair in a TLC match.

But it's the fact that he needed two people to help him win a title match against a 61 year old guy who competes in about 2 matches every year.

Miz's world title reign is being booked horribly so far, I mean Alex Riley got more heat then him tonight FFS.
A heel barely able to win a match....oh where have i seen that before :rolleyes: ?

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
So before we go into "The Miz is a horrible champion" mode...

...I'd like to add that there a crapload of other former champions that looked weak as hell as champion, one of them being your new KOTR. Edge being one.. Jericho... Oh yes, Jericho...

Just saying. One match doesn't make a whole championship reign... unless you're part of the Montral Screwjob >>

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

I thought it was a terrible idea. First off, he looks like a weak champion because of how he won the title. Second, his first title defence is against Jerry Lawler? And the only way he could win was because of Michael Cole? As soon as I saw that, Vince Russo popped into my mind.

I know so many die hard wrestling fans who refuse to watch now, just because he is the champ. Stuff like tonight just confirms why.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts

Well, I guess WWE must have signed Russos even more failtastic darker brother and let him book that match. I can't believe a world champion is going one on one competively versus a 60 year old guy and actually needs outside help to win. Even TNA didn't went that low.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Re: So before we go into "The Miz is a horrible champion" mode...

i know hes a nine time world champ now, but Edge's 1st wwe title run ending in 3 weeks :lmao :lmao :lmao

anyways i'll give miz more time with the belt to see how he's booked and his ring improvement

·
Asuka
96,378 Posts

I think the issue isn't that he looked weak, but he looked weak against a guy who hasn't been an active competitor in years. I haven't seen the match, though, and frankly I doubt there's any reason, except maybe to get a good laugh out of Cole.

Miz was never going to look like a strong champion, though, so I'd say getting as much heat as possible for him is more important than strong booking. This should do the trick. I doubt he could look as weak as JBL during his reign anyway.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

A heel barely able to win a match....oh where have i seen that before :rolleyes: ?
I'm not saying it's bad for a heel to have to cheat to win a match.

But against a guy that is twice your age, wrestles about 2 matches a year and is about 35 years past his prime? There's no excuse for that.

He's being booked horribly.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,972 Posts

...I'd like to add that there a crapload of other former champions that looked weak as hell as champion, one of them being your new KOTR. Edge being one.. Jericho... Oh yes, Jericho...

Just saying. One match doesn't make a whole championship reign... unless you're part of the Montral Screwjob >>
It ain't gonna happen, some people on here are looking for anything to hate on.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

Pyro™;9093633 said:
I think the issue isn't that he looked weak, but he looked weak against a guy who hasn't been an active competitor in years. I haven't seen the match, though, and frankly I doubt there's any reason, except maybe to get a good laugh out of Cole.

Miz was never going to look like a strong champion, though, so I'd say getting as much heat as possible for him is more important than strong booking. This should do the trick. I doubt he could look as weak as JBL during his reign anyway.
He already looks weaker.

At least JBL used help to beat guys like Eddie Guerrero, Undertaker, Booker T, Big Show, Kurt Angle. Guys who were still actively competing. It's not like JBL was defending his belt against Tazz and needed his The Basham Brothers to help him beat him.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

its only been a week but the miz title defense is off to a really poor start. the match with lawler should never have been approved unless it was going to be a squash. to have your NEW champion who badly needs credibility go and need outside help against a retired 61 year old former wrestler is pathetic.

Im very surprised that wwe would book this shit....

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

I'm not saying it's bad for a heel to have to cheat to win a match.

But against a guy that is twice your age, wrestles about 2 matches a year and is about 35 years past his prime? There's no excuse for that.

He's being booked horribly.
He was backdropped into a ladder & pushed through a table,
i would've been shocked if he no sold those hits and fought back.

·
Asuka
96,378 Posts

On a positive note, Alex Riley's new apprentice role seems to be giving him more air time and the fact he's referencing his DUI himself makes me think WWE don't seem to be planning to kill his career for his mistake.
Really? Because I got the exact opposite impression. He's already turned into a comedy character like Zach Ryder, it's totally over for him.

But anyway, I don't really mind that Miz is being booked weak. If it gets him heat, why the hell not. As long as he's got the belt, that's all that matters.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

He was backdropped into a ladder & pushed through a table,
i would've been shocked if he no sold those hits and fought back.
That's not the point. Of course he was gonna get beaten up but the same thing happened to Edge during his first title defense against Ric Flair, someone who is over 25 years older than him, but he didn't have to use Lita and Jerry Lawler to win his match.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts