Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Wrestlemania do you believe that the new talent will finally take lead?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOLOLOL ok but still I would like to believe.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Part from MacIntyre, Del Rio, Ziggler,Bryan and Cody Rhodes. I don't see any one else getting a big push this year.

Barrett i think will float around from feud to feud but will not get the WC belt.

Possible as well Ziggler might be moved to RAW as Vicky might get fired from Smackdown.

Smackdown has to many heels so would make sense to try to move them to RAW than turn them face and start fresh gimmicks.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Triple H will be back by then to put a stop to that :p
NOONE GETS OVER!!!

But seriously, the OP may be correct. This is a good time for fans and a scary time for WWE. Their certified main event level talent is tired, hurt, or done some other way at the moment. While all the big names could be healing up, who cares? What we have right now is a bunch of new faces who have seen progress and thought they deserve it, get pushed upward on the card. Guards changing, despite how hard wwe has fought it. The old boys may come back for mania, but the effects are showing a nd the crowd as well as us, are going to want more.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
It has to be a slow process.

I don't think may people would want to go to a show to see Miz, DCR, Drew, Tyler Reks, A-Ri, Masters, etc....
Of course I'm forgetting Kofi & Show BUT, we needs some new faces to fill-in for the ones who are battered and bruised for our entertainment. Without a doubt there's Cena, but this is SmackDown were talking about here. So turn Ziggler face, or Drew face, or something, because SD! cannot flow with a buncha heels.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Part from MacIntyre, Del Rio, Ziggler,Bryan and Cody Rhodes. I don't see any one else getting a big push this year.

Barrett i think will float around from feud to feud but will not get the WC belt.

Possible as well Ziggler might be moved to RAW as Vicky might get fired from Smackdown.

Smackdown has to many heels so would make sense to try to move them to RAW than turn them face and start fresh gimmicks.
Drew Mac is not good enough or has enough enough presence to stand out. After this Kelly thing falls apart, he's gonna be floating around again. Barrett is gonna stand out no matter what because of his mic skills. He could lose every week and he'll still have a platform to stay over.

Ziggler is gonna fall off once they try to separate him from Vickie. I guarantee it.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,816 Posts
The process should be a generally calm, largely tranquil one. Think of it as getting a haircut. You intentionally grow your hair out a little long because you know you're about to cut a good couple of inches off, so by the time people are noticing that you've grown your hair out, you've already cut your hair.

For a brief period of time, there will be an apparent "overflow" of main-eventers. More and more guys will join the fraternity. That's growing your hair out some. And, in the meantime, you'll be seeing more main event guys disappear within the next 27-39 months or so. That's the haircut.

You can't wait for the entire group of current "old guys" (Edge, Kane, Taker, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, Big Show) to entirely vanish before you stock up on new main-eventers. So guys like Miz, CM Punk, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger... all either have to be or are already in the process of being permanently elevated to that main event tier.

I do think Wrestlemania XXVII is the pivotal turning point, though.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts

The fact that you think Rhodes and McIntyre are going to get world titles before Barrett is laughable as hell.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Honestly, I hope not. The new batch of ME are far worse than the current and old ones. The only new people ready to ME at a somewhat consistent level are Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, and Jack Swagger, none of who are getting a push(maybe Daniel Bryan is) and none of who are better than say HHH despite being the best of the young talent imo. I may have forgot some people, but hey are pretty much the best young talents, and WWE seems to be pushing the wrong ones.

SO I hope with all my heart that WWE keeps the current and old ME or pushes the right, actually talented young superstars.

·
Really?
184 Posts
The fact that you think Rhodes and McIntyre are going to get world titles before Barrett is laughable as hell.
He did not say at any point that he thought Rhodes and McIntyre were going to win world titles, let alone before Barrett. He just said he thinks Barrett will float around from feud to feud.

I do however disagree about Barrett not winning a world title. I think he's a shoe-in for one now that he has been moved to Smackdown. He's over enough, he's had title shots before, and honestly apart from Del Rio and maybe Ziggler eventually, who else on SD are they going to give the title to? Kane's had it over the last year, Rey's had it over the last year, Edge is the current holder, Taker's injured. Looks to me like Wade Barrett could be in for a good year.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think Barret will have a great future at Smackdown.
He has to win the angle against BS.
Then he will have a match a against the Taker.
Unfortunately the Taker isn't as fit as he he should be, so we can't see the whole potencial of that match.
But I have read in a German board that Barret should get turned face and that would be the worst decision the bookers could make.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Royal Rumble has been used as of late to give someone new a shot at the title, and thats exactly why Ziggler is the number 1 contender.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He did not say at any point that he thought Rhodes and McIntyre were going to win world titles, let alone before Barrett. He just said he thinks Barrett will float around from feud to feud.

I do however disagree about Barrett not winning a world title. I think he's a shoe-in for one now that he has been moved to Smackdown. He's over enough, he's had title shots before, and honestly apart from Del Rio and maybe Ziggler eventually, who else on SD are they going to give the title to? Kane's had it over the last year, Rey's had it over the last year, Edge is the current holder, Taker's injured. Looks to me like Wade Barrett could be in for a good year.
Well the world title is the secondary title so its only fitting that Wade owns it and runs Smackdown dry. I am truly marking out for a post Wrestlemania moment, I mean when was the last time their was a major heel moment at Wrestlemania?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts