Wrestling Forum banner

Miz vs Daniel Bryan for WWE title

890 11
Apart from shitty booking, one of the reasons why RAW is such a bore at times is because it follows this certain formula. They never do things out of the ordinary. Example it's always midcard vs midcard. Boring! Or main eventer vs main eventer, boring!

Remember the days when midcard guys fought in the main event against main eventers? I think it was in 2002 Edge fought Big Show or Lesnar (can't recall) for WWE title. You knew Edge was gonna lose but it was still believable Edge pull out the upset victory of the decade.

But it's one thing just putting midcarders in the main event, they have to be believable! Which is a problem as midcard guys lack characters. I hope after Miz's attack on Daniel Bryan we get to see Miz vs DB for the WWE title next week on RAW as the main event or maybe at the top of the hour. If DB can put on a good showing he can be established as a force to be reckoned with.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Not sure why the title would need to be involved to get both guys over. Regardless of Daniel Bryans credentials outside the WWE I don't think he's been here long enough to warrant a title shot, people like Sheamus are total exceptions for someone to win the title in the first few months,DB is over with the crowd to an extent but I dont see Daniel Bryan winning/ challenging for the championship for at least another year and definitely with a changed gimmick.

plus Miz already beat DB in the past month, pretty cleanly.

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Yeah I knew what you meant but I'm saying it doesn't make sense for Miz to put his title on the line right now.
Maybe not DBD, but Miz could establish mad cred going into WM by challenging upper midcarders. He could be like "I am so confident, I'll just start tossing out challenges" He's been proven with DBD, JoMo, Truth....aside from that, I dunno. Hell you could even avoid the upper midcard and have him challenge Ryder or someone that booking makes us all know he will dominate. He already beat the tag champs, so it should start being believable despite his past booking.

· Premium Member
32,483 Posts
Maybe not DBD, but Miz could establish mad cred going into WM by challenging upper midcarders. He could be like "I am so confident, I'll just start tossing out challenges" He's been proven with DBD, JoMo, Truth....aside from that, I dunno. Hell you could even avoid the upper midcard and have him challenge Ryder or someone that booking makes us all know he will dominate. He already beat the tag champs, so it should start being believable despite his past booking.
Yeah that could work but the whole point of the Elimination Chamber PPV was that it was the last chance for superstars to earn a spot in the main event of WrestleMania. From that perspective it wouldn't make sense to have title matches now.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
This could be great WWE title feud, but not now. In few years - definitely.

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Yeah that could work but the whole point of the Elimination Chamber PPV was that it was the last chance for superstars to earn a spot in the main event of WrestleMania. From that perspective it wouldn't make sense to have title matches now.
Fighting for a title on WM >>> on Raw. Just look at the case of Jomo being the opening act and Lawler being on EC. They are different.

· Registered
2,239 Posts
I don't agree with Miz vs Bryan for the WWE title (I'd frankly MUCH rather see Bryan feud with Alex Riley, but of course the WWE would threw away such an obvious and logical rivalry), but I get your point of giving midcard guys title shots (or just matches) where the midcarder isn't expected to win.

My opinion is that if a main eventer is a draw, then they shouldn't HAVE to be in high stakes situations or situations that try to call for an unpredictability factor in order to get fans interested enoug to see them which the WWE trys to put them in weekly.

· Harley's Circus
2,591 Posts
Alex Riley is a joke and no one cares about him.
Why would Danielson feud with him?
I mean the Miz and Micheal Cole are the reason Danielson got over in the first place and since theyv'e deviated from that story lines with him have become pretty stale.

Eventually they need to establish Cole as a true heel and not a flip flop and eventually they need to allow midcarders to challenge main eventers more.
I agree it shouldn't happen on the road to wrestlemania but it needs to happen sometime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.