Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Because punk don't respect miz as a pro 'wrassler' the miz ain't gonna be bret Hart in the ring never has been never will be and he'll say that himself he knows what he is he's a guy who wrestles a safe style so he can be the guy who shows up week in and week out and the miz has been a good solider for the WWE over the years and worked hard to get to the spots he's been in and if playing it safe has got him set up for the rest of his life financally which is probs has done then you can't fault him. But guys like punk see miz as a joke and not a real wrestler because he wasn't on the indies for ten years blading every night infront of a 100 people and getting payed 40 dollars (nothing wrong with that btw) but it's just that mentality with certain wrestlers that if a guy don't come up the same way they did then they get no respect.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,145 Posts
I never understood the "just a reality TV star" knock against Miz, dude specifically went on Real World to try and get signed by WWE. I watched that season when it aired and Miz talked constantly about WWE, his "the Miz" character and he would cut promos on house mates. When he applied TE he had a reel of him being a character and cutting promos.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I couldn't stand The Miz when he first showed up doing that "Oorah!" crap. He grew on me over time and now he's plenty OK with me. He sure did well in the wife department.

·
Registered
383 Posts
And I'll add on to it:

Punk can only cut good promos if he's allowed to break kayfabe.
I wouldn't go that far, but when your claim to fame is a worked shoot, you're disqualified from the conversation of all time great mic workers.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
I never understood the "just a reality TV star" knock against Miz, dude specifically went on Real World to try and get signed by WWE. I watched that season when it aired and Miz talked constantly about WWE, his "the Miz" character and he would cut promos on house mates. When he applied TE he had a reel of him being a character and cutting promos.
That's true people act like miz just fell into wrestling but like you said he specifically went on reality tv to try and break into the business. Wrestling has always been his dream and he had to take some serious crap from wrestlers back stage for his few years so if he wasn't serious he'd of walked away very early in his run

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Some weird snobbishness about prowrestling being something pure, unique and you have to suffer and pay your dues in the indys when really with WWE it's just an entertainment show. And Miz jumped from one form of entertainment to another and was successful.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I know the guy has fans, but Miz is and always will be considered a joke. It's not surprising at all that a pro wrestler doesn't like an MTV reality show personality who became a "wrestler". I don't mean to offend his fans, but let's be honest here.
Do you like any unsuccessful football player who became wrestlers or...?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Some weird snobbishness about prowrestling being something pure, unique and you have to suffer and pay your dues in the indys when really with WWE it's just an entertainment show. And Miz jumped from one form of entertainment to another and was successful.
Shit, Bobby Lashley was in the fucking army, i'm sure that's more physically demanding than ROH, but people still give him shit.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
And I'll add on to it:

Punk can only cut good promos if he's allowed to break kayfabe.
Agreed.

Punk had one shtick that made people call him some exceptional talent: Breaking the fourth wall to make smarks feel clever about their "insider knowledge of the business."

Miz can make a whole damn crowd react however he wants them to while staying totally in character the whole way.

·
Baby Yoda
29,803 Posts
I've put up with Punk being an jackass forever, but that went out the window when he randomly went after AJ.

He's an insecure bitch, all time great performer but outside it he's such a massive cunt.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I've put up with Punk being an jackass forever, but that went out the window when he randomly went after AJ.

He's an insecure bitch, all time great performer but outside it he's such a massive cunt.
How this dude has fans is beyond me. He beats up fans. He is rude AF. What an asshole.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts