Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I know the guy has fans, but Miz is and always will be considered a joke. It's not surprising at all that a pro wrestler doesn't like an MTV reality show personality who became a "wrestler". I don't mean to offend his fans, but let's be honest here.
I'm not a fan of his, but wrestling fans are hung up over stupid bullshit, who cares what someone's background is, and CM Punk is part for the course, he's a big wrestling mark.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I know the guy has fans, but Miz is and always will be considered a joke. It's not surprising at all that a pro wrestler doesn't like an MTV reality show personality who became a "wrestler". I don't mean to offend his fans, but let's be honest here.
Too bad hes more entertaining as a pro wrestler and personality than all the flippy uncharismatic dorks they push to the Main event. Im not offended by your claim but him not being the greatest in ring worker doesnt make him not a pro wrestler.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,524 Posts
What more needs to be said other than CM Punk seems jealous of anyone who is successful. Even for a Pro Wrestler Punk seems like an over sensittive douch nozzle.

Who's Miz kidding? Punk and him weren't on good terms. Let's not forget they mocked his UFC fight during the Miz-Ziggler feud.
I mean CM Punk and Daniel Bryan "mocked" the Anderson Silva v Chael Sonnen II fight one tine. So if thats what upset Punk he's an even bigger hypocritical manbaby than he seemed.

Pro Wrestlers and fans get caught up on the dumbest shit. Like if someone hasn't devoted every single second of their existence to Pro Wrestling then they're somehow not a real pro Wrestler. Miz has been in WWE for like 16-17 years now if not more, he's been in the industry for 2 decades yet people like you STILL brand him as just some reality TV guy.

I don't get this mentality. Pro Wrestling isn't some high brow artform that requires someone to sacrifice their entire existence to Pro Wrestling and only ever be a Pro Wrestler without ever daring to do anything else. Even The Rock dared to try his hand at American Football, so I guess The Rock is just some Football player who became a "wrestler" then?

Its such an incredibly stupid viewpoint to take.

·
NBA
3,256 Posts
Punk is still bitter about this.

And to this day I still don't get his jealousy. Miz main eventing WM made him the object of ridicule by most of the fanbase and basically prevented him from getting another push of that level ever again. CM Punk may have not gotten his WM main event but, other than that, he's been more succesful than 90% of the wwe wrestlers from the past 12 years. I could understand if he were jealous of Cena, Roman, Brock or even Orton, Rollins or Bryan but, Miz? The dude sometimes holds onto the weirdest grudges ever.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Pro Wrestlers and fans get caught up on the dumbest shit. Like if someone hasn't devoted every single second of their existence to Pro Wrestling then they're somehow not a real pro Wrestler. Miz has been in WWE for like 16-17 years now if not more, he's been in the industry for 2 decades yet people like you STILL brand him as just some reality TV guy.

I don't get this mentality. Pro Wrestling isn't some high brow artform that requires someone to sacrifice their entire existence to Pro Wrestling and only ever be a Pro Wrestler without ever daring to do anything else. Even The Rock dared to try his hand at American Football, so I guess The Rock is just some Football player who became a "wrestler" then?

While we're at it, if Wrestling is supposed to be this uber serious, legitimate sports competition, Timothy Thatcher type shit, The Miz was the captain of his high school's basketball team, that's more than Punk can say for himself, Punk is not this special athlete folk.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Miz went over Cena at WrestleMania and Punk is still salty because he's got both a superiority complex and a persecution complex a mile long.

Like his shtick with this was entertaining back in 2011 but at this point he's just resembling the 'old man yells at cloud' meme.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm not a Miz mark, but the guy has been in the business for 15 years now. This isn't 2007, how can the guy be considered a joke at this point when he's had a lot of success? Punk's sensitive ass can shut the hell up.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,949 Posts
I don’t get why CM Punk’s accomplishments are getting downplayed when he’s one of the most biggest/successful stars that the company has had in the past decade.

Punk has nothing to be ashamed of in his career. Even though his brief MMA run could’ve gone a lot better, at least the man can claim that he lived his dream (somewhat) and that he gave it a nice, valiant effort too. That’s more than you can say about some of the bitter folks who continue to laugh about his losses there.

For the record, The Miz isn’t a joke either. He’ll go down as one of the best midcarders that WWE has had in the past several years, and he’s guaranteed to be a future HOFer due to having the 2nd most Intercontiental title reigns alone.

Anyway, both men can say whatever they want on Twitter (as long as it doesn’t get really nasty). I guarantee you that folks online take their beef way more seriously than either Punk or Miz do atm.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Punk made a mma journalist in Mike Jackson look like prime Anderson Silva. Wrestling is a work, but Punk is just a straight up little bitch. Miz with a weekend of training could probably take Punk.

·
Registered
22,627 Posts
What more needs to be said other than CM Punk seems jealous of anyone who is successful. Even for a Pro Wrestler Punk seems like an over sensittive douch nozzle.

I mean CM Punk and Daniel Bryan "mocked" the Anderson Silva v Chael Sonnen II fight one tine. So if thats what upset Punk he's an even bigger hypocritical manbaby than he seemed.

I agree with this so damn much. I think one of the biggest issues today is wrestling is full of too many lifelong fans. You'd think that having a business full of folk that always loved it would be a great thing, but idk if it works in wrestling. It can't be a coincidence that the majority if the biggest names were guys who didn't have pro Wrestler as their number 1 dream. I think typically speaking there's just something different in how people that always wanted to be wrestlers and people that fell into being a wrestler approach the business. The guys who fell into it seem to be focused on "well what do I have to do to make myself the most money possible" which is probably the best mindset to have.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Where’s CM Punk changing the culture now? He ruined his relevancy by appearing on that shitty backstage show.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Pretty harsh. Miz has been in the top promotion in the world for 14 years now - something the majority of wrestlers will never achieve, ones that some marks consider far more talented. He's made a ton of money, not to mention landing a woman anyone on here would cut off their right hand to do. He's better on the mic than the majority of wrestlers on roster and more than serviceable in the ring as a chickenshit heel.

It's ridiculous that Punk, Mr 'pay me like the top stars' would take shots at others for taking a paycheck in dubious circumstances.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,518 Posts

Normally we have a ton and ton of disagreements in the past but I will have to agree with you here. Let me bring my 2 cents in.

The Miz in my honest opinion is a better professional man than CM Punk so far over the last 2 decades. Miz never once cried or complained about his booking. Never took shots at dudes that beat him in feuds. Also Miz never is a mark for himself. Miz worked his ass off to become a wrestler. Shutting up his former MTV Back To New York Cast about him not making it as a wrestler and mocked him every week. That was back in 2004. Yeah Punk had worked hard as a wrestler but The Miz had to work twice as hard and twice as the speed to learn the craft. Crawl his way up to the top.

When I was watching him making his debut in the WWE, I was very impressed from the get go. He lit his reality image become his personality/gimmick in WWE. He made it successful and never had to change characters either. Even when he was a face. Still the same guy just facing bad guys the heels.

Miz had to work triple hard to even become WWE Champion and Vince loved him for it since there were clips at the time of Vince hugging. Not Hunter, by the way fuck Hunter. Just had throw a shot there. Miz main evented Wm 27 because he was the best heel in that company that year. Not in a silly group or a faction of geeks at the time. Not Daniel Bryan but the other geeks. Miz was patient, did what he was told and never bitched once about his mid card/upper mid card/tag team booking. He earned that title. So CM Punk needs to shut his little bitter ass up. I am saying this as a fan of his too. CM Punk has no right to hold on a grudge from that point on.

To think CM Punk would have been chilled out and more in peace since marrying AJ Lee but he has gone worst and lost a lot of friends because of his attitude.

Anyone that brings up Bret Hart into this or comparing this bitterness war. Bret Hart had his legit reasons for hating Hogan. CM Punk really doesn't. It just goes off to show how match and a drama queen that Punk is.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Miz had to work triple hard to even become WWE Champion and Vince loved him for it since there were clips at the time of Vince hugging. Not Hunter, by the way fuck Hunter. Just had throw a shot there.
That's actually not true about HHH, that clip was cut before HHH hugged him after Vince.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts