Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry, but the only reason I'd be remotely interested and happy about Miz vs. Cena at WM is if The Miz actually pulls out a victory(of course a tainted one). Otherwise I don't see the point of the fued or match at WM this year, especially since Cena dominated him in their '09 fued, it would just be more of the same if Cena won.......

More of Cena beating The Miz like usual, and More of Cena being inserted into the title match at WM and winning like most other years. They really need to tgry something different.

The way I would have booked it is.....

a. Morrison would've got his shot against Miz at The Rumble instead of Orton
b. Punk and Cena would fight at Mania
c. Miz and Orton would finally face eachother again at Mania.

I don't see why Orton and Cena just switched fueds out of nowhere like that. The funny thing is that when Punk said someone wronged him at The Slammys, most assumed he would be fueding with Orton since he punted him in the skull and made him lose the WHC in '08. This would have made the most sense, but they opted for Punk/Cena instead, which I was getting into. But why go thru all that only to have Punk fued with Orton anyway.

Well The bottomline is that the only way I'm at all interested in this Miz/Cena fued is if Miz retains.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
The only thing more depressing than Miz shitting all over the WM main event scene is him actually winning the match.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The only thing more depressing than Miz shitting all over the WM main event scene is him actually winning the match.
...qft,I like the Miz (I honestly dont think he's really (really?)that bad in the ring (there are a lot worse),but Cena is going to annihlate him...:agree:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well The bottomline is that the only way I'm at all interested in this Miz/Cena fued is if Miz retains.
not sure i'm grasping this concept. you won't know whether or not miz retains until the end of the feud. so how are you to know that the feud won't come with fresh storylines that interest and entertain you until their eventual showdown at mania?

unless you meant you won't be satisfied with it unless miz ends up retaining?

either way, i agree. looks like they were desperate to get cena into the wm main event, although i still see it leading to a fatal four way between punk, cena, orton, and miz at mania.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
See I disagree, I think the only thing that could redeem things is if Miz actually stopped The Golden Boy from doing what he does at every WM. You know, for WWE to take a chance. If Miz loses to Cena than this reign would just be so forgettable and pointless to me. a win against Cena at WM would be the defining moment of this reign, and his career for that moment. Of course it would not be clean, but that would be perfect.

@Monoxide, yeah I mean the only way I will be satisfied and it will mean something to me.

And I'm no Miz mark by any strecth of the imagination, but I want something different and interesting.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
They should let him win at WM, because it's not going to hurt Cena to lose...at all, and it can propel Miz much higher than what he's already at. There's no harm in trying it since he's gonna be in the main event anyway, they've thrusted him that far, they might as well just pull the trigger full stop. However, it won't happen, and it's not too bad that it won't happen, it's just how it goes. The heel always loses in the WM main event, it's a traditional story arc. Even in a loss, they've given Miz a gigantic sign of faith in doing this. I'm actually shocked they've done it. Pleased, but shocked.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
See I disagree, I think the only thing that could redeem things is if Miz actually stopped The Golden Boy from doing what he does at every WM. You know, for WWE to take a chance. If Miz loses to Cena than this reign would just be so forgettable and pointless to me. a win against Cena at WM would be the defineing moment of this reign, and his career for that moment. Of course it would not be clean, but that would be perfect.
Sounds good to me...

·
Registered
200 Posts
See I disagree, I think the only thing that could redeem things is if Miz actually stopped The Golden Boy from doing what he does at every WM. You know, for WWE to take a chance. If Miz loses to Cena than this reign would just be so forgettable and pointless to me. a win against Cena at WM would be the defineing moment of this reign, and his career for that moment. Of course it would not be clean, but that would be perfect.
The Miz is just as much of a "Golden Boy" as Cena is, he bends over backwards (and wears panties) for Vince. I rank Miz's reign up there with Great Khali's, he's yet to put on an entertaining match or feud for that matter. If Miz is anywhere near the Main event at Mania, odds are I won't be buying.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
If Miz loses to Cena than this reign would just be so forgettable and pointless to me.
There's nothing "forgettable" or "pointless" about this reign. Say what you want about Miz's credibility as a wrestler, but it doesn't matter. He's having a nice, traditional heel reign where he scrapes by the challenger at any cost he can. The last time they played up someone as a traditional heel champion this much was when JBL had it. He's not an afterthought like Sheamus, he's getting air time, and he's actually beating a top guy like Orton no matter how he's doing it.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
The Miz is just as much of a "Golden Boy" as Cena is, he bends over backwards (and wears panties) for Vince. I rank Miz's reign up there with Great Khali's, he's yet to put on an entertaining match or feud for that matter. If Miz is anywhere near the Main event at Mania, odds are I won't be buying.
I enjoyed his work with Danielson and Morrison. Not to mention his Cena matches are pretty good.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good to me...
And let me clarify something........I'm not really so much Pro-Miz retaining at WM as I am Anti-Cena winning the title at WM. That being said, if another face was going against him at WM, I''d more than welcome a Miz loss, just not another Cena WM title win please.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I enjoyed his work with Danielson and Morrison. Not to mention his Cena matches are pretty good.
:agree:...I dont think it'll be that bad,but I'm having a hard time believeing that Miz will walk out w/ the title against Cena at WM...but I could be wrong...

·
Registered
534 Posts
See I disagree, I think the only thing that could redeem things is if Miz actually stopped The Golden Boy from doing what he does at every WM. You know, for WWE to take a chance. If Miz loses to Cena than this reign would just be so forgettable and pointless to me. a win against Cena at WM would be the defining moment of this reign, and his career for that moment. Of course it would not be clean, but that would be perfect.

@Monoxide, yeah I mean the only way I will be satisfied and it will mean something to me.

And I'm no Miz mark by any strecth of the imagination, but I want something different and interesting.
This 1000 times.

Add in the stipulation that the loser is fired and all is well in the WWE.

Best Wrestlemania Ever.

·
New Game. New Rules. New Era.
4,440 Posts
The Miz will not win.

John Cena has one or retained a World Title at the last 6 six Wrestlemania except one he lost.

Miz has no chance.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Well it all boils down to the fact that they will not have Miz win against Cena clean, therefore he can't win because WM main events end cleanly the vast majority of the time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
There's nothing "forgettable" or "pointless" about this reign. Say what you want about Miz's credibility as a wrestler, but it doesn't matter. He's having a nice, traditional heel reign where he scrapes by the challenger at any cost he can. The last time they played up someone as a traditional heel champion this much was when JBL had it. He's not an afterthought like Sheamus, he's getting air time, and he's actually beating a top guy like Orton no matter how he's doing it.
JBL was entertaining, he made me care about his character. Does the Miz even have a character? I couldn't tell you because all I ever hear is repetitive rambling on the mic with the given attempt to get the phrase "Really" over. What am I supposed to enjoy here, what am I missing? Am I supposed to like the talking and 3rd person and the blatant rip off of The Rock's speaking and nickname? Am I supposed to enjoy his "Really" catchphrase which is just a watered-down version of Stone Cold's "What". I understand it's different and we are grasping for change, but it's just pure shit. I can't entirely blame Vince, if anyone has any sort of celebrity before they become a wrestler of course he's going to capitalize on it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
JBL was entertaining, he made me care about his character. Does the Miz even have a character? I couldn't tell you because all I ever hear is repetitive rambling on the mic with the given attempt to get the phrase "Really" over. What am I supposed to enjoy here, what am I missing? Am I supposed to like the talking and 3rd person and the blatant rip off of The Rock's speaking and nickname? Am I supposed to enjoy his "Really" catchphrase which is just a watered-down version of Stone Cold's "What". I understand it's different and we are grasping for change, but it's just pure shit. I can't entirely blame Vince, if anyone has any sort of celebrity before they become a wrestler of course he's going to capitalize on it.
The Miz reminds me of the guy from two and a half men.

What was his name again? oh yeah, Alan.

·
Premium Member
12,427 Posts
If he does face Cena at WrestleMania, Miz should retain the WWE Championship. Their feud should be on the basis of Miz never forgetting his feud with Cena, how it changed him, made him into the superstar he is today. The match with Cena at WrestleMania would be the culmination of Miz's rise to stardom. He needs to go over.

HOWEVER, I still think WWE will get cold feet somehow and go for Cena vs. Orton instead.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts