Wrestling Forum banner

Miz & Morrison in 2011

2873 31
A lot has been said in the past 2 years about how Miz, the weak member of their tag team, had surprised everyone by becoming a main even star while Morrison drifted around in the midcard. Since his feud with Sheamus though, Morrison has gone from strength to strength, has the crowd behind him and is on the brink of world title status, almost to the point of overtaking the Miz. My question is, which former tag team member do you think will be a bigger star by the end of 2011?

Personally, I'm betting on Morrison. He's able to cover his obvious limitations with freakish spots, whereas Miz's fratboy Jericho schtick is getting old fast, and is simply abysmal in the ring when not being carried by guys like Bryan and JoMo.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Morrison will move to SD in the draft as he isnt winning the title on Raw anytime soon i lold at your comment about him over taking Miz really ? .

like him or hate him The Miz has revented himself he is one of the most underrated ring workers in WWE right now i like his aggressiveness he shows these days and we all know about his mic work so no need to comment on that .

· Registered
492 Posts
Miz is in a wrestlemania match with the face of the company for the belt so sorry but Jomo ain't passing him.

· Registered
255 Posts
If the WWE really wanted to unify the world titles (not saying they are), I've got a great idea.

Get The Miz the title back (he's losing at Mania) at Money in The Bank PPV. Have Jomo, now on Smackdown, win the MITB and announce the next night that he wants to cash it in at Summerslam. At Summerslam, have Jomo defeat Del Rio and give a bit of interaction between Jomo and The Miz, with the Miz bragging about the worse half of the two finally reaching his level. Build the feud, and have a unifying match at Night of Champions.

· Banned
201 Posts
I'm a Morrison fan and as much as I find miz boring and stale I also seem to find myself backing up miz in his matches because he had history with JoMo. I would like to actually see them on par with each other. I want Morrison to go to smackdown but at the same time i also dont because the raw is coming to Australia in July. So I guess I am being selfish but I wish the draft is after the first of July. That. Or John cena goes to smackdown.

· Banned
6,914 Posts
It seems like Morrison is gearing up for a push at some point. Morrison and Del Rio would put on one hell of a match.
Morrison and a better worker than Del Rio could also put on one hell of a match.

However, in an extremely unfair world, Miz is in a better position than Morrison and probably always will be because he has the ability to bore everyone to death on the mic and obtain a lot of cheap heat, both of these attributes are considered phenomenal talents by WWE. Oh yeh and he goes to a few interviews.

· You're better than that Cole.
4,004 Posts
Like someone had said, The Miz is actually main eventing Wrestlemania, the biggest show in professional wrestling, the superbowl of the sport in their own right and this kid is going to be headlining with the name and face of the product as the WWE Champion-the richest prize of the company. That resume alone is a stamp of approval by the WWE that this kid is and will be a major player for the company for a very long time.

Despite Miz lacking drastic star power and nowhere near a real star like The Rock or John Cena, you just can’t take that away from him, WWE proved us that they are behind the Miz-someone of a high authority is behind The Miz and he is not going to be shoved away no time soon.

2010 was certainly the year of the Miz and 2011 will be no different but this time, Miz will now have to prove that he is truly worthy of being in the position that he is in.

John Morrison on the other hand while he is currently on a great roll of his career right now, WWE is slowly letting us know that his place right now is just a upper mid-carder/main event jobber. There is still time for Morrison to succeed more then that but right now the year so far still looks to be the Miz then John Morrison.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
I think Morrison will be world champion by year's end. However, it will be difficult for him to be a champion on Raw in front of Cena and Orton. So, my guess is that he'll be moved to Smackdown. Just like they did with Cena/Batista, Morrison and Miz will not interact for a while, once on different brands. When they are big enough stars in their own right, they will collide...at Wrestlemania.

· Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,415 Posts
The Miz is currently the WWE Champion, main eventing Wrestlemania, against John Cena whilst involved in a feud with The Rock.

John Morrison is bouncing aimlessly in the mid card. There isn't even an argument as to who will be bigger when 2011 closes.

· Registered
548 Posts
Miz has pretty much been pushed to the moon and going into Wrestlemania as WWE Champion which he is bound to lose the title and so he is a bigger star than Morrison this year.

Morrison is sort of an uppermid carder and he has been on role since this his feud Sheamus which has helped him get over with the crowd and as well as that match he had against Miz. I just found his match at Wresltemania and it looks pretty bad and would rather see him take on Daniel Bryan for the U.S title. I do have a feeling that John Morrison will be moved back to Smackdown which would be a very good thing because easeir for him to break into the main event and would mind seeing him feud with Alberto Del Rio.

· Leader of #TeamBAE
1,599 Posts
The only way Morrison can surpass Miz's star power right now is he continues to get a slow build on RAW. They already had him do everything they wanted on Smackdown. Although the guy isn't as good of a talker as others, he can still carry himself, and there is just something electric about him when he performs. He fits the WWE style of performer perfectly in the ring, and the crowd has been easily getting behind him since he was drafted to RAW. He made a segment with Ted Jr. and Maryse INTERESTING, he put on a terrific set of TV matches with Jericho in September. He put on a top 3-5 feud from last year with Sheamus, a guy who is struggling to do much of anything atm, and besides the guys who are headlining the "big 3" matches at Wrestlemania, he's been getting the most consistent crowd reaction, and push among the rest of the guys in the company. Morrison is doing it the old fashioned way, through hard work and hard earned crowd support. He will get the WWE Championship by the end of the year, and if he doesn't he's probably the guy that Vince wants to win the Rumble next year. I said in another thread about a week ago how if a superstar gets the sustained slow push, eventually they DO end up being a big time star with staying power.

What I would do is have Morrison win MITB, and the next night on RAW use the briefcase to schedule a WWE Championship match at Summerslam. Whether or not they let him win the title in his hometown is a mystery. They could very easily have someone screw him out of the Championship (Punk) and continue to build him up until the Rumble. He probably is the odds on favorite to win a potential MITB match at the PPV.

Miz will most likely be the bigger star in the short term, however when we're talking about down the line, I can see them BOTH being top 5 stars in the company within the next 2-3 years. I'm a Morrison mark, but Miz doesn't bother me as much as he did 2-3 months ago tbh. You can tell the guy legitimately works hard at what he does, and I'll probably look at him with a little less scrutiny than I did before. Both guys deserve bright futures for the next 5-7 years though. Both of them equally worked as hard since the time they were on Tough Enough until now.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
Once Morrison gets past the hump of his first world title, he could be pretty big. It's not often guys win their first world title as a face these days since the trend of pushing new heels to the moon and throwing the title on them seems to be popular. So it might be a big deal if/when he does win his first one this year.

Either way, Miz will probably have the bigger year since he has the ability to scream down a microphone and bore people with his redundant, repetetive promos...*sigh*. I do hope we finally get that Miz/Morrison main event feud I've been looking for, for a while though. Although I suspect Morrison may be headed for Smackdown in the draft.

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
WWE will most likely fail to get Miz to that next level of being a credible full time main event star like they have with everybody else these past few years. They will also drop the ball with Morrison just like they have with every prospect for the past few years. What a youth movement this is.

· Banned
8,284 Posts
Both will be big in the future, but Miz is always going to be the bigger star than Morrison. 2010 was Miz's year, and expect 2011 to be no different. Even if Morrison wins the WWE title this year, I can give you a good guess on who he's going to be taking it from.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
WWE will most likely fail to get Miz to that next level of being a credible full time main event star like they have with everybody else these past few years. They will also drop the ball with Morrison just like they have with every prospect for the past few years. What a youth movement this is.
I doubt WWE will drop the ball with The Miz, Vince is very high on Miz. The Miz, along with ADR and Randy Orton were publicly praised by Vince and he endorsed them as the next big stars during conference call some time ago. I understand your pessimism though.

Back on topic, The Miz probably will be bigger than Morrison by the end of the year considering he just got the biggest push of his career by main eventing WM and WWE must be willing to keep his momentum going until the end of the year to establish him as one of major players in the company. WWE is also showing signs that they're behind Morrison over these past few months so i'm sure Morrison will be just fine, if he moves to Smackdown on the draft then we can just expect bigger things coming for him.

· Banned
8,284 Posts
I doubt WWE will drop the ball with The Miz, Vince is very high on Miz. The Miz, along with ADR and Randy Orton were publicly praised by Vince and he endorsed them as the next big stars during conference call some time ago. I understand your pessimism though.

Back on topic, The Miz probably will be bigger than Morrison by the end of the year considering he just got the biggest push of his career by main eventing WM and WWE must be willing to keep his momentum going until the end of the year to establish him as one of major players in the company. WWE is also showing signs that they're behind Morrison over these past few months so i'm sure Morrison will be just fine, if he moves to Smackdown on the draft then we can just expect bigger things coming for him.
This.

The Miz has been the one guy that WWE has consistantly pushed over the past 2 years. If they drop the ball with him, then they're never going to be able to create a permanent new main-eventer.

2011 will be just as big for The Miz as 2010 was, and by 2012, he will be looked at as a main-event regular, if not bigger.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.