Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I get reminded of Mr Kennedy when I watch Miz, I'm not comparing the two but does anybody think this is similar to how Kennedy was pushed and how Kennedy's MiTB reign would of been?

Maybe it's just me but I somehow see the similarities.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kennedy announced he was going to cash in at WM 24 before he got injured. Everybody seems to think The Miz will cash in quick but I've just got the feeling he'll wait until WM 27 to cash in. I hope so at least. Mostly cus i'll be there :D

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Definately. I've mentioned this before. I think WWE wanted a replacement for Kennedy as the resident loudmouth character who got to main event status and they chose Miz, his push has been building to this ever since he revamped his character. Granted, Miz is nowhere near Kennedy when it comes to mic work or charisma, but he's still shined in the role and has done as good a job as could've been done given who he was replacing. I certainly see the parallels and I think WWE is trying to make Miz into what they expected out of Kennedy.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Well until Miz actually does something interesting then Kennedy is still worlds ahead of him in every aspect of the business.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well until Miz actually does something interesting then Kennedy is still worlds ahead of him in every aspect of the business.
How so?? Kennedy was injured a majority of his WWE carrer and almost broke Randy Orton's neck who was THE WWE CHAMPION at the time. Miz hasn't been injured once that I can remember and has never injured anyone else.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Kennedy never injured anyone either.

Although, I'll agree in principle to the concept you're pitching. As much as people say Miz can't wrestle and needs work in the ring, and I'm the biggest Kennedy mark ever, Miz is definately better in the ring. Watching Kennedy wrestle was an atrocity. He wasn't so bad once he started facing HBK, but before that, shit. fpalm

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I dunno about that, Anderson put on one of TNA's matches of the year so far with Kurt Angle at LockDown. I would say he is better than Miz in the ring.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pyro™;8665545 said:
Kennedy never injured anyone either.

Although, as much as people say Miz can't wrestle and needs work in the ring, and I'm the biggest Kennedy mark ever, Miz is definately better in the ring. Watching Kennedy wrestle was an atrocity. He wasn't so bad once he started facing HBK, but before that, shit. fpalm
Well its HBK LOL The Showstopper could make anyone look good. The same for Angle.Kennedy nearly injured Orton is what I was saying and was sloppy as hell in the ring. Kennedy has the slight edge in mic skills but the in ring skills gotta go to Miz

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Well its HBK LOL The Showstopper could make anyone look good. The same for Angle.Kennedy nearly injured Orton is what I was saying and was sloppy as hell in the ring. Kennedy has the slight edge in mic skills but the in ring skills gotta go to Miz
Slight edge? He's the best mic worker in the business. Miz is good but he's not on the elite level with people like Jericho and Punk like KK is.

I dunno about that, Anderson put on one of TNA's matches of the year so far with Kurt Angle at LockDown. I would say he is better than Miz in the ring.
He may be better as of now, I don't watch TNA with enough regularity to know that, but he certainly wasn't better during his WWE run.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Yeah, Kennedy isn't on Punk or Jericho's level, he's above them. Maybe not a hell of a lot but he is.

He's the most charismatic, fluid, well spoken, naturally gifted mic worker in the business. The only person who delivers just as well as Kennedy is Triple H. Mind you, I'm not necessarily saying he cuts better promos than they do, because promos are about writing, not mic work. His mic work itself is top of the line.

Miz is pretty good, but he's not that good.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Yeah, Kennedy isn't on Punk or Jericho's level, he's above them. Maybe not a hell of a lot but he is.

He's the most charismatic, fluid, well spoken, naturally gifted mic worker in the business. The only person who delivers just as well as Kennedy is Triple H. Mind you, I'm not necessarily saying he cuts better promos than they do, because promos are about writing, not mic work. His mic work itself is top of the line.

Miz is pretty good, but he's not that good.
Well here you're wrong. Kennedy maybe good on the mic, but Punk and Jericho are both the masters. Hell I even think The Miz is better on the mic, he sounds more natural.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Sorry, but I agree with Pyro, Kennedy was awesome on the mic, he could work the crowd just as good, if not better than what Punk & Jericho can. Seriously.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Well here you're wrong. Kennedy maybe good on the mic, but Punk and Jericho are both the masters. Hell I even think The Miz is better on the mic, he sounds more natural.
LOL, Miz isn't more natural at ALL, he fucks up at least one line every second promo. He isn't anywhere near as smooth as Kennedy, Jericho or Punk.

You're free to believe Punk and Jericho are better, but we're going to have to agree to disagree. If it was any other 2 people, I'd want your head on a plate, but I'll give you a pass because they're just underneath. I've been listening to Kennedy's mic work for 5 years, I have a pretty good idea of where he's at, and my standards for mic work are HIGH. I wouldn't compare him to the best if he wasn't really that good.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
I'm open to a Kennedy return, apparently him & Orton are cool now or something anyway. I'd pick Kennedy over Miz anyday. Mic work & wrestling. Even though Kennedy's wrestling was pretty damn shit too.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Nah, they aren't cool. Orton was just bashing him on Twitter the other day and Kennedy laughed at Orton when Orton hurt his shoulder at Over The Limit (I think). ~_~

It's unfortunate that Kennedy will always be a "what could've been" story, but things just have to go on without him. Fuck. :|

1 - 20 of 45 Posts