Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miz got huge heat in his match and promo with Jerry Lawler, Miz being the young champion who cashed it in on a beat down Orton and Jerry Lawler as the one who never quite made it to that level.

Miz and Riley also mentioned the likes of Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper, etc so with Orton out and no real big stars to fued with if Orton can't return soon, could they maybe bring back some of the legends for one off matches against Miz? They done it with Marty Janetty already, I can see it still working with guys who can still wrestle like Sgt Slaughter, Brutus Beefcake, and others I'm not sure about, or maybe guys already in the company it's too late for, Goldust, Finlay, Regal, etc.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
A lot of people have had matches with ''legends''. They needed someone to feed to The Miz, because he needs to look ''strong'' as the WWE champion. Lawler looked good in this match, and that's all that matters.

But please no, don;t give The Miz a legend killer gimmick, that would make him even more horrible than he allready is.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
The Legend Killer gimmick worked for Randy Orton, and ONLY Randy Orton. So no.

However, as part of his heel gimmick of rubbing his reign in everyone's face, it would be entertaining as hell for The Miz to defend his title every Monday night in the main event against Raw superstars that have never had a WWE title shot. One week he could defend it against Goldust. The next week against Mark Henry. The next week against R-Truth. The next week against Evan Bourne. The list goes on. And with most of the other main-eventers out or doing something else, it could work.

THAT really would be AWESOME.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

However, as part of his heel gimmick of rubbing his reign in everyone's face, it would be entertaining as hell for The Miz to defend his title every Monday night in the main event against Raw superstars that have never had a WWE title shot. One week he could defend it against Goldust. The next week against Mark Henry. The next week against R-Truth. The next week against Evan Bourne. The list goes on. And with most of the other main-eventers out or doing something else, it could work.

Henry has had a WWE title shot hasn't he? I could be mistaken, but I was thinking he got a pretty decent push once as a main event heel.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Henry has had a WWE title shot hasn't he? I could be mistaken, but I was thinking he got a pretty decent push once as a main event heel.
Let me rephrase that then: superstars that don't normally get a WWE title shot. Anybody on Raw not named John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, or Sheamus. The Miz's weekly title matches could go on for months.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Only worked for Randy Orton? To be honest I think its a pretty easy, cheap way to get heat and would work for most young wrestlers, but I don't think it should be done because it was done too recently and I don't think Miz needs either but there is no reason why it should only work for Orton.

·
Registered
215 Posts
However, as part of his heel gimmick of rubbing his reign in everyone's face, it would be entertaining as hell for The Miz to defend his title every Monday night in the main event against Raw superstars that have never had a WWE title shot.
SO just John Morrison's "15 Minutes of Fame" segment from when he was ECW Champion back in 2007?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts

Let me start off with saying I like this idea. That being said, I think 'The Legend Killer' gimmick worker pretty well for Jericho if I'm not mistaken. Like someone said, Mark Henry did get a shot against Angle and Taker I believe, but you rephrased it by sayin anyone who doesn't normally get a shot, which I agree.

My idea is basically a hybrid of this idea and the OPs, where he challenges anyone past or present who has NEVER held a world title(not counting TNA of course, so Christian would fit in there). I would like to see mostly current stars, with the occasional legend appearing as well. They have plenty of agents already that they could space this angle out for a while.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
SO just John Morrison's "15 Minutes of Fame" segment from when he was ECW Champion back in 2007?
John Morrison would be included in that list. He's been given a World Heavyweight Championship title shot, but never a WWE Championship title shot. Who knows? Maybe he'd win it. Maybe someone else would win it. That why the concept is awesome.

·
Y2J Mark 4 Life
1,459 Posts
Anyone else think his reigh thus far is similar to Edges first title run? i mean a lengend the following night in a ladder match aka ric flair, just wondering if he will maybe have a similar run perhaps.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Oh how a slightly high percentage of the IWC is cramping because you suggested anything that would compare Miz to Orton.

No. Persona like 'Legend Killer' are persona for a reason. Let Orton be Orton and let Miz remain himself too.

It's the only way to build an serious image

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I watched Raw I was thinking the same thing. I really hope they don't go with a legend killer gimmick because it feels old to me. I hope for a creative way to establish The Miz as a legit main eventer.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Anyone else think his reigh thus far is similar to Edges first title run? i mean a lengend the following night in a ladder match aka ric flair, just wondering if he will maybe have a similar run perhaps.
There are definate similarities.

Edge is the first superstar to win original Money in the Bank, winning the first WrestleMania ladder match.
The Miz is the first superstar to win the red Money in the Bank, winning the first Raw-exclusive ladder match.
Edge's MITB reign is the longest in WWE history.
The Miz's MITB reign is the 2nd longest in WWE history.
Edge cashed in on the biggest babyface on Raw at the time - John Cena.
The Miz also cashed in on the biggest babyface on Raw at the time - Randy Orton. John Cena was fired earlier.
Edge's first match as WWE Champion was against an old veteran wrestler - Ric Flair.
The Miz's first match as WWE Champion was also against an old veteran wrestler - Jerry Lawler.

Edge's 1st reign lasted 21 days. In 12 days, the 3-hour Slammy Awards will air on Raw, and many people think The Miz is up for Superstar of the Year. It'd definately be an interesting twist if he won the award, but lost his title there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts