Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They were hot, then when they came back from commercial Miz was in the ring and we heard the "AWEEESOME" I seen like 4 people stand up. He got a few booo's towards the end but he literally had to beg for them. I don't think many people give a shit about him, just you little teeny boppers. I'm not trying to be harsh but Miz has a LONG way to go before he Championship material.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The Miz is everything a WWE champion should be. Just because you don't get a reaction ONE night doesn't mean your not championship material.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
This is a smarky, heel favoring crowd. You hear the Lets Go Cena/Cena Sucks battle chants going on or the huge reaction Daniel Bryan was getting?

Crowd didn't want to boo him. They were neutral The Miz. He's got to find a way to get bigger heat and not scream and berate people for 10 minutes to get it, though.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H got basically a zero reaction. Watch when they come back from commercial, I mean it doesn't lie. He got nuthin...

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a smarky, heel favoring crowd. You hear the Lets Go Cena/Cena Sucks battle chants going on or the huge reaction Daniel Bryan was getting?

You hear "Lets go Cena/Cena sucks" in almost every town man. Excuses excuses. When Miz was talking I could hear a pin drop. When Bryan came out they perked up a bit, but still very obvious Bryan/Miz a mid card feud. Despite the IWC's obsession with pushing them to stardom prematurely.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I definitely think he didn't get the reaction he wanted.

Normally if he was in a Smarky crowd, he'd get cheers. But the crowd wasn't really making any noise.

That's surprising after how loud the Cena Sucks/Let's Go Cena chants were.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
If anything, Miz killed the whole Money In The Bank concept. There was no contract in it lol

·
Registered
578 Posts
WWE should be concerned. There are red flags all over the place with this guy. It's just not happening for him.
What red flags are those? I wasn't a fan of his a year ago, but now from what I've seen it seems like the guy is gaining more confidence by the week and his ring skills are vastly improved and his mic skills are excellent.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Wow, one mediocre reaction from a smarky crowd and Miz is struggling to get heat. The guy gets tons of heat normally.

Plus, whilst watching the promo - I was thinking, why would they boo him? He's showing them all up. Everything he said was true lol. The fans were eating humble pie if nothing else.

It's like if you bet your friend that a ridiculously bad team will win the NFL within five years and he is like NAH NO WAY - and ridicules the team - then they win it. Whilst you rub that in his face, is he going to be booing you and getting angry - or just feeling sheepish lol.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Maybe it was my TV, but i thought he was getting some pretty good mixed reactions

I heard some cheers and some boos

Tho i personally didn't really like the segment until his back and forth with Daniel Bryan

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It didn't help revealing a magazine cover like wtf?! whats the big deal, and then saying that bryan was on smackdown lmao, i generally like the miz but this was one of his poorer performances he was trying to hard.

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
The Miz is everything a WWE champion should be. Just because you don't get a reaction ONE night doesn't mean your not championship material.
He has been getting shitty reactions for months but this is what I expected Miz fans to say. Your user name means you are not to bright to begin with so I will just move on now.

Miz isn't over and won't be anytime soon. It is pretty sad the Danielson is more over in a much shorter time period. Hell Otunga draws more heat than Miz.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Can we please stop it with the weekly conversations about Miz's heat? He gets heat pretty consistently; on occasion, not quite as much.

However, nothing's occurred which was so bad that his current push is going to be affected. They booed when he demanded he apologize, and chanted "you tapped out" at him when it was brought up. I'm sure he'll be fine.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WOW, some of you marks are hilarious with excuses. Whoever said they never boo'd him because what he was saying was true is retarted, it's WRESTLING...reality plays a very minor role in getting heat. What Bret Hart said in 97' about America was also true but that didn't stop the U.S fans from crucifying him. Also, tonight is a red flag, like it or not. When one of your top heels and a guy that is seemingly being set up to cash in MITB and win the WORLD title gets a Val Venis type reaction why wouldn't you worry? I mean the crowd didn't give a shit about him, and he's basically the number one contender for a year. That's not good Miz marks. I think casual fans (you know, 99 % of the audience) find him annoying, and not in a good way.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
H got basically a zero reaction. Watch when they come back from commercial, I mean it doesn't lie. He got nuthin...
We didn't hear the reaction he got when he came to the ring tho... It was during commercials.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
What red flags are those? I wasn't a fan of his a year ago, but now from what I've seen it seems like the guy is gaining more confidence by the week and his ring skills are vastly improved and his mic skills are excellent.
Well, nothing has changed in that year as far as in-ring ability or mic ability is concerned. He's the exact same as he was last year. I suppose that could be a concern.

His inability to perform in longer matches without a vastly a superior opponent is a concern. The lack of heat he gets on a fairly regular basis is a concern.

Don't get me wrong, he's playing his character well. It's just that the crowd isn't buying it. In the Attitude Era, Miz's character would've been great. But nowadays, the crowd expects more out everyone, heels and faces alike. If you can't back it up with actions, the crowd doesn't seem to buy it at all.

The Miz is a great talker. I get that. His promo tonight on RAW was... ehh, it was good, nothing special, but it's generally understood that he's reliable on the mic. But Miz is missing presence in his character. He needs to DO SOMETHING to solidify himself if he wants his cashing in, much less his hopeful place in the main event, to be even remotely believable.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts